Defeat On Saturday Archie Must Go.

Auld Jag

-They want someone to magic up a six figure amount of cash to pay off the current management team.

-They then want someone to magic up a budget for new players.

-This budget will be handed to Mark McGhee.

-He will save us from relegation

-Next season he will then exceed the 8th place achieved by the club.

Nice selective quoting. Mention one name out of several who have been mentioned over past couple of weeks.

But I guess thats just typical of your postings eh? No-one allowed to have a view that's different to yours.

Edited by Big Col

Nice selective quoting. Mention one name out of several who have been mentioned over past couple of weeks.

But I guess thats just typical of your postings eh? No-one allowed to have a view that's different to yours.

So the plan is now.

• Find money to pay off the management team.
  • Find a wedge of cash to bring in new players.
  • Hand that cash to Stuart McCall or Mixu Or Jackie McNamara
  • They will save us from relegation
  • They will then take us to better than 8th place.

Is that accurate enough? Or should i add in any other names? Ian McCall perhaps.

So, who is in?

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

A defeat on Saturday and we are gone. Sacking Archibald is only a worthwhile exercise if we can still salvage something from the season.

Bringing in another manager to see out the season is a waste of money, especially as the crowds will be under 2000.

I would only sack him if we win or draw. Only then can we save the season.

with the importance of the game this Saturday and United fans no longer boycotting until the end of jmac i really can't see an attendance of under 2000. Are you going?

The one important part of the sack Archie discussion that is being totally ignored,despite being brought up by several people, is where is the money coming from to pay the two off and bring in a totally new management team? It's pretty clear, the club is not rolling in money, so can any of the sack him brigade, give an answer. I certainly can't!!

If we get beat on Saturday we still have 84 points to play for, no need to panic.

If we get beat on Saturday Norge, the blood letting will begin one minute after the full time whistle....guaranteed!! I will be in the pub after the game, till closing time, no matter the result....lol

Last season Ross County, sitting bottom of the table after losing every one of their first 7 games, including two 0-4s and one 0-3, won only their third game of the season against an 11th placed Motherwell, who started the match 5points ahead of them in 10th place safety, on january the 14th.

They then went on a remarkable run which saw them finish the season 8 points clear of the play-off place. It is noteable that during that run of 10 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats ( one at home against us! ) they were fortunate only to play two clubs who finished in the top six.

They might have sacked their manager and changed their destiny. However, making 5 additions to the squad before the transfer deadline didn't cut it for the new boss. It was only after the addition of a futher 6 players to the squad in january, all of whom made a contribution to the first team over the remainder of the year, that they started to turn their results around and pull themselves off the bottom.

Oh... and then there was Hibs.....

:frantic: Sack The Manager! Quick! before it's too late! :frantic:

:doh:

In Archie I still trust!!!!

They might have sacked their manager and changed their destiny. However, making 5 additions to the squad before the transfer deadline didn't cut it for the new boss. It was only after the addition of a futher 6 players to the squad in january, all of whom made a contribution to the first team over the remainder of the year.

So the new manager came in bottom of the league (sounds familiar) discovered that week in week out with the same results & performances over the first 2/3 months weren't good enough to keep them up. (sound familiar except no manager change).

He brings in players in bargain basement that are still without clubs in late Sept/Oct to try freshen it up but soon discovers there is a reason they were without clubs. (sound familiar at all with us? Although jury out on whether our 3 signings after the window by our manager who hasn't been sacked will be good enough).

Come January, Uncle Roy gives him a few quid to bring in players short term to try save their skin (our BoD have to an extent done that previously with players that our manager who hasn't been sacked has been able to bring in as the players he brought in first time weren't good enough.)

We don't have an Uncle Roy but Alan Archibald > Jim McIntyre/Sturat McCall/Mark McGhee etc so he won't be needed anyway.

Okay, so we've been losing a lot of games. Hearts aside though, none of them have been thrashings. We've only lost by a margin of 2 goals or more to the top 3 sides. The main concern has to be the mentality of the squad if we keep losing by small margins.

Unless we take a proper doing at Firhill on Saturday, I don't see what is to be gained from jettisoning the current management team. I do think we need to either change our system about or really focus on injecting pace back into the game we play, because through O'Donnell and Higginbotham, that's what we've been missing this season.

So the new manager came in bottom of the league (sounds familiar) discovered that week in week out with the same results & performances over the first 2/3 months weren't good enough to keep them up. (sound familiar except no manager change).

He brings in players in bargain basement that are still without clubs in late Sept/Oct to try freshen it up but soon discovers there is a reason they were without clubs. (sound familiar at all with us? Although jury out on whether our 3 signings after the window by our manager who hasn't been sacked will be good enough).

Come January, Uncle Roy gives him a few quid to bring in players short term to try save their skin (our BoD have to an extent done that previously with players that our manager who hasn't been sacked has been able to bring in as the players he brought in first time weren't good enough.)

We don't have an Uncle Roy but Alan Archibald > Jim McIntyre/Sturat McCall/Mark McGhee etc so he won't be needed anyway. ������

McCall took well to 2nd place and chucked it when times got really tough..... I'm hoping Archie is not a quitter. :happy2:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

It's not surprising that fans of a team bottom of the league and with no win all season begin to question the manager

What's interesting here is the fascist police attitude to anyone who suggests changing the manager might be reasonable response to our current situation

Two mangers Of clubs above us in the league have already gone

Archie has till the end of October Imo

• Like 1

It's not surprising that fans of a team bottom of the league and with no win all season begin to question the manager

What's interesting here is the fascist police attitude to anyone who suggests changing the manager might be reasonable response to our current situation

Two mangers Of clubs above us in the league have already gone

Archie has till the end of October Imo

:lol: ..... :party: ...... :police: ..... :red_card: ...... :ph34r: ...... :split: ..... :fan: ..... .... .... ..... .... ...... :loco:

LSR it is because I have seen the effects of relegation has had with us I don't want us to go down.Apart from when we came back up in 1971 it has meant years struggling.I think some on here think if we go down we would come back in 1 season with a young team.I dont have a crystal ball but I don't see that happening. I don't want Archie sacked but I do want to see us playing at the highest level possible.Archie has done a brilliant job but for whatever reason it has not worked this season.I know if we bring in a new manager there is no guarantee we will stay up,but imo we have to do something to turn our season around.I notice some posters are saying we shouldn't sack him,but then say if we haven't won in the next 4/5 games he would walk,so you want rid of him but on the cheap.Imo he wont walk would you? Also if we don't improve what sort of crowds will we have?

LSR it is because I have seen the effects of relegation has had with us I don't want us to go down.Apart from when we came back up in 1971 it has meant years struggling.I think some on here think if we go down we would come back in 1 season with a young team.I dont have a crystal ball but I don't see that happening. I don't want Archie sacked but I do want to see us playing at the highest level possible.Archie has done a brilliant job but for whatever reason it has not worked this season.I know if we bring in a new manager there is no guarantee we will stay up,but imo we have to do something to turn our season around.I notice some posters are saying we shouldn't sack him,but then say if we haven't won in the next 4/5 games he would walk,so you want rid of him but on the cheap.Imo he wont walk would you? Also if we don't improve what sort of crowds will we have?

We improved to 8th last season but this didn't seem to have any impact on crowds. I don't think any change in manager will affect crowds much way when 2 years in the premier league doesn't seem to have

Calling people Fascist Police? For asking who will replace the current manager and where the money for the pay off will come from? Aye very good.

Still waiting on your answer. Who is replacing the manager after Saturday? Where is the cash coming from? How much is the pay off?

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Its not about wanting rid on the cheap. It's allowing him to manage and take responsibility. That's what he's paid for.

Calling people Fascist Police? For asking who will replace the current manager and where the money for the pay off will come from? Aye very good.

Still waiting on your answer. Who is replacing the manager after Saturday? Where is the cash coming from? How much is the pay off?

I'm not advocating any particular individual .... It would be great if Archie could turn it round over the next few weeks

There is always another manager it's football

So I take it if there was a good manager available and the funds were there to replace Archie then your in favour ?

I'm not advocating any particular individual .... It would be great if Archie could turn it round over the next few weeks

There is always another manager it's football

So I take it if there was a good manager available and the funds were there to replace Archie then your in favour ?

:D Aye ... and it's about time we built a fourth stand.