Very Surprised By This!

Lindau

Neither Paateleinen nor McGhee (if they are appointed to Utd./Well respectively) seem particularly inspired choices but I suspect they both fall into the category of a "safe pair of hands" for both clubs - particularly given recent and on-going flirtations with the relegation zone.

I don't imagine either club would wish to take any sort of a gamble, so probably good (or, at least, not bad) calls.

why?

Because I am! I know plenty of Motherwell supporters in the Electric who, from previous discussions, will be horrified at this! Think, if it happens, that it will split the Well support. No doubting he did well in his first spell there, but he has hardly done anything since! From what I am led to believe he is one of the "don't you know who I am" brigade and very arrogant as well.

Edited by Lindau

Still if the best the two of them can get is they two numpties, who the hell could we get if Archie was given the bump?

Archie won't be given the hump but if he was poached by a team down south would we consider McNamara.

Given that we know what he's really like money orientated, that there would be no jaggy McNamara and this rubbish this time, that the board and fans would be on his back from day one do I think we should consider him? Actually yes because to ever have a chance of being a success again he would have to be a success at Partick thistle and not liking him I do think he actually did well as a jags manager on the whole

Archie won't be given the hump but if he was poached by a team down south would we consider McNamara.

Given that we know what he's really like money orientated, that there would be no jaggy McNamara and this rubbish this time, that the board and fans would be on his back from day one do I think we should consider him? Actually yes because to ever have a chance of being a success again he would have to be a success at Partick thistle and not liking him I do think he actually did well as a jags manager on the whole

Just like McGhee at MFC it's rarely wise to go back, both left their respective clubs when they were on the up to feather their own nests regardless of the potential impact to those they left behind and both came crashing down. MFC have chosen to go with nostalgia, I hope this back fires and that we benefit from this so that we are not in the position we are tempted to take him back as I for one will be against it from day one.

Absolutely no way should or would he ever be considered.

Well aware of Lambie returning more than once but he was an inspirational character and without much doubt the right guy for the time. The only qualities McNamara may possess is organisational skills and technical ability and even at that both these qualities are under question. I'd rather have a youngish manager, who has some semblance of honesty, integrity and man-management potential but has much still to learn on the technical side of the game than vice versa.

• Like 1

Any appointment will always divide the support.

There were people on here who didn't want Archie to get the job permanently in 2013 while we were top of the league simply because he was only winning games 1-0.

If the guys starts winning games then these divisions will instantly disappear.

Edited by ian_mac