Bannigan

King Kenny

F***. Feel for Banzo if it does affect any move down South or whatever. I'd love him to stay with Thistle but not really in these circumstances - he'd always have the 'what ifs' hanging over his head. Still, he came back from that horrendous ankle injury v Falkirk a few years back, so hopefully he can fully recover from this.

That's a real shame, however if he does leave it now gives Gary Fraser a real chance to cement a midfield slot for next season. Don't think Banzo should leave under these circumstances, so another two year deal would be nice.....just sayin...lol

Absolute shame. Consistently our best outfield player this season, very rarely having even an average game. Don't need to go back further than his second last game to demonstrate what a loss he'll be. His performance that night at McDiarmid, particularly when running down the game in the St Johnstone half, was exceptional. Even the freakish nature of his injury goes some way to sum up his attitude to the game.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Amazing to think if ATS hadn't got injured with about 6 games to go in the 11/12 season and Bannigan came in at left back we probably would have freed him.

I wouldn't have thought so as he was always highly rated, tho' with McNamara you never know. Certainly there was no shortage of posters back then that wouldn't have missed him.

king of spain - that is absolute nonsense. There's absolutely no way we would have freed Bannigan at any point during his thistle career.

He was highly rated from the moment he arrived at the club, and performed brilliantly during his time out on loan.

Edited by ian_mac

I think you need to remember that at the start of the 2012/2013 season he was still just 19.

Hardly unexpected that a player still in his teens hadn't had too much of an extended run in the team prior to that especially since he had an extended period on loan at Ayr United.

Both McCall and McNamara rated him very highly. Never any chance of him being freed.

• Like 1

Amazing to think if ATS hadn't got injured with about 6 games to go in the 11/12 season and Bannigan came in at left back we probably would have freed him.

Good point. Even as a replacement left-back as a youngster he was showing real touches of class.

ETA: Don't know much about whether or not he might have been released.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Really sorry for Banzo that he's crocked at this crucial stage of his career.

Whilst I'd be delighted if we benefited from his services for another year, I reckon he deserves a big(ger) money move and hope he recovers quickly.

I'm sure the Club/Archie will allow Stuart full pre-season facilities regardless of where he may be playing next season. Even tho' we won't be receiving any transfer or development money Banzo is still a worthy role model for our academy players. That in itself is of considerable value.

• Like 5

Reading the Evening Times article, there seems to be a possiblity that recovery may be swifter than we fear. A further examination in a few weeks may make the position clearer, so maybe we are jumping the gun - particularly w.r.t. his long term career.

Edited by eljaggo