Under 20S

Lindau

German looked good in the first half with a fine assist for the first goal. Thought he tired later on but game was played at a high tempo.

I went along today, it was the first time that I watched the U 20's since the start of the season. The team played well. I agree that German made more of an impact in the first half, I have a feeling that he may have been asked to play slightly deeper in the second half.

I think that the early goal set us up well and we looked pretty confident throughout the match. Some of our passing was pretty impressive.

It would be good to see one or two of the more promising U20s getting a bit of time on the pitch as the season winds to a close. I know there's a big difference between places so we can't go mental, but if we could find an opportunity to put the likes of Penrice, McInally, Docherty and Nisbet into a few matches - that'd be great.

It would be good to see one or two of the more promising U20s getting a bit of time on the pitch as the season winds to a close. I know there's a big difference between places so we can't go mental, but if we could find an opportunity to put the likes of Penrice, McInally, Docherty and Nisbet into a few matches - that'd be great.

Think that would be very doable if we make the top six, otherwise if we got say 12-13 points ahead of Kilmarnock by the split then we could risk it, though obviously it would still be important to try to get 7th place, so it would more likley to happen in the last couple of games.

I think Archie might put a couple of U20s on the bench before the end of the season but can't really see any of them being played whilst there's finishing places to be played for. Whoever is on the bench might come on as a late substitute(s) if the game is more or less won. Young McLaughlin got 10 mins against 'Well last season but the end result was never going to affect league placing.

Put another way I believe it would take a fairly substantial injury/suspension crisis for Archie to risk playing any of the youngsters if the result is all important. That's in no way a reflection on the potential of the youngsters more a reflection on their age.

Another good result for the 20s yesterday for being a young squad they seem to be doing well

.and a very good display as well. Think most of the Jags players were under half Jim Goodwin's age :) . Our young lad's never gave our favourite Saint Mirren player a moment's peace or for that matter any respect either.

Who are seen as the most promising players in the under 20 squad?

Obviously Kevin Nisbet seems to be doing well, and has for a couple of seasons, but I don't really know a lot about the rest of them.

I'll take the 5th on that, Arch. I see a good bit of the U20s but I've a poor record of judging a winner so to speak. For instance I thought Jack Hendry was only marginally better than Darren Brownlie. I really rated Ross Meechan as a natural replacement for SOD and so it goes on. The current squad is not short of the all important pace but I guess the big question is whether they can bulk up and still retain their speed.