Seabourne

javeajag

We should offer him the same money if we can afford it.

I think he has performed well enough and he's better than some of the diidies we come up against. But if he stalls don't offer anything better.

Are the other 3 cb's signed and is there anyone good in dev squad?

I wouldn't be shedding any tears if he left. I just don't see why some folk think he's great. Poor distribution, always grappling with people in the box, poor positioning at times, too many bombscare moments for me.

There must be better out there.

There is better out there but we can't afford them. Seabourne is the best centre back we've had in the last 3 seasons. Far more reliable than anyy of the others. Maybe his distribution isn't Beckenbauresque but was Balatoni's, Lindsay's (no way) Piccolo etc

His job is to defend and organise and he does it really well. And his attitude and passion and will to win is good enough for me

There is better out there but we can't afford them. Seabourne is the best centre back we've had in the last 3 seasons. Far more reliable than anyy of the others. Maybe his distribution isn't Beckenbauresque but was Balatoni's, Lindsay's (no way) Piccolo etc

His job is to defend and organise and he does it really well. And his attitude and passion and will to win is good enough for me

You're right. The organisation in the 4-2 Dundee game was world class. As it was against Aberdeen at Firhill.

What's your view on his constant grappling of opposition players in our penalty box?

You're right. The organisation in the 4-2 Dundee game was world class. As it was against Aberdeen at Firhill.

What's your view on his constant grappling of opposition players in our penalty box?

Pretty much all defenders do that

The Dundee game was a collective abberation with some individual errors by Lindsay to make things worse. he Aberdeen game isn't a good example. We actually played well and were unlucky to lose and were well organised for most of the game.

Pretty much all defenders do that

The Dundee game was a collective abberation with some individual errors by Lindsay to make things worse. he Aberdeen game isn't a good example. We actually played well and were unlucky to lose and were well organised for most of the game.

Except for the goals.

We should offer him the same money if we can afford it.

I think he has performed well enough and he's better than some of the diidies we come up against. But if he stalls don't offer anything better.

Are the other 3 cb's signed and is there anyone good in dev squad?

Perhaps Whiteside but he doesn't look quite as advanced as Hendry was this time last season plus I think he's a bit younger. McMullen, who's left sided, has only this season converted from left back to centreback and again too young. Again that bit younger but I doubt his loan spell at East Stirling has been anywhere as successful as Lindsay's at Airdrie. So in answer to your question yes to good but no to ready.

Perhaps Whiteside but he doesn't look quite as advanced as Hendry was this time last season plus I think he's a bit younger. McMullen, who's left sided, has only this season converted from left back to centreback and again too young. Again that bit younger but I doubt his loan spell at East Stirling has been anywhere as successful as Lindsay's at Airdrie. So in answer to your question yes to good but no to ready.

are Whiteside and McMullin both out of contract? Heard quite a few positive reviews of them in the development squad

Thanks for deve progress LIB. Sounds like another year for Whiteside then. I watched McMullin twice last yrar at lb. Not impressed but pleased if he is progressing at cb.

Which brings me back to contract situation. I know that osman, lawless and banzo are out of contract. Is there anyone else?

And xan we get rid of pogba who has been hopeless recently?

Thanks for deve progress LIB. Sounds like another year for Whiteside then. I watched McMullin twice last yrar at lb. Not impressed but pleased if he is progressing at cb.

Which brings me back to contract situation. I know that osman, lawless and banzo are out of contract. Is there anyone else?

And xan we get rid of pogba who has been hopeless recently?

Seabourne, Scully, Miller, Frans and Amoo are all out of contract as well

I said earlier that despite reservations I thought on balance we should be keeping Dan. I feel he's been a good influence off the field. But he wasn't alone yesterday by any means but I saw little signs if any of leadership qualities on the pitch you expect from such a player. I think he does what he does well enough but hasn't much flexibility about his play. The fact that inflexibility extends to having to move the far more inexperienced Lindsay across to right centreback instead of Seaborne alarms me.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I said earlier that despite reservations I thought on balance we should be keeping Dan. I feel he's been a good influence off the field. But he wasn't alone yesterday by any means but I saw little signs if any of leadership qualities on the pitch you expect from such a player. I think he does what he does well enough but hasn't much flexibility about his play. The fact that inflexibility extends to having to move the far more inexperienced Lindsay across to right centreback instead of Seaborne alarms me.

Care to expand on that?

If he is one of our highest paid players and puts in an uninterested and couldn't care less performance like yesterday then he can go.

He probably earns more in a week than a lot of our fans would earn in a month.

I hope he is hanging his head in shame today

Unfair to pinpoint one player for yesterday's shambles. The whole team should be hanging their heads in shame. That performance was totally unacceptable yesterday and the manager must accept blame as well for some bewildering substitutions and for dropping a guy that has been a stand out in recent games (Gary Miller)

• Like 1

Unfair to pinpoint one player for yesterday's shambles. The whole team should be hanging their heads in shame. That performance was totally unacceptable yesterday and the manager must accept blame as well for some bewildering substitutions and for dropping a guy that has been a stand out in recent games (Gary Miller)

Agree, and also it's becoming obvious the part Cerny plays in organizing that defence.

Agree, and also it's becoming obvious the part Cerny plays in organizing that defence.

Yip, so noticeable in the 2nd half yesterday that despite the defence getting torn to shreds, I never saw Scully shout or even talk to his defence once. Cerny would have been going radio rental at that defence yesterday!