Who Else Has ****** Had Enough

MWM

:thinking: can you give me a few months to come back to you on that? :D

looking at an old programme one of Benny Rooney's very pish '80s teams included,JBrough,KWatson,JCarson,EGallagher,Bobby Law,Allan Logan,Paddy Kelly,Willie Herd John Workman and John Donnelley.I missed a lot of the eighties games because I was playing Saturday afternoon but I'm not sure if that team wouldn't gub the current lot by a couple of goals.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for a boycott

Exactly. It's McCall who needs to go immediately. Not the fans. We need to stick with the team. If we start walking, it affects the side more and more as each week goes on. They'll turn it around eventually -- if they notice the fans are sticking with them. If we stay away, things will only get worse.

But McCall has to do the decent thing and walk now "by mutual consent" instead of hanging in there for a salary until the end of next season. The players will get a new impetus -- because if we drift too far at the bottom of the league with McCall in charge, we might never win enough points in the end to stay up.

And if those dodgy development proposals for Firhill are part of a plan by stealth to let the team implode on itself and destroy the club while property speculators go in for the kill, I'll swing for the hyenas behind it. As if property investment and relegation go hand in hand ... :drink2: Call me paranoid if you like but it doesn't mean I'm wrong ...

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

5 defeats in 6 in the league.

6 defeats in 11 in all competition - 3 victories over 3rd Division opposition, 1 victory over 2nd Division opposition and 1 victory over 1st Division opposition.

This is dire.

Very much sums it up Woody does it not ?

McCall your taxi is waiting. My Visa card is primed to pay for it ( The taxi that is lol ) .

Why are you waiting ?

I think that despite how rubbish everyone is feeling at the moment, we need to show unity and get behind the team whilst making our feelings clear towards the board.

We know these players can play - we've seen that. They need freshening up in my opinion.

Let's be proud to support this team and show everyone how passionate we are and how we feel about the running of OUR club.

I think that despite how rubbish everyone is feeling at the moment, we need to show unity and get behind the team whilst making our feelings clear towards the board.

We know these players can play - we've seen that. They need freshening up in my opinion.

Let's be proud to support this team and show everyone how passionate we are and how we feel about the running of OUR club.

Can these players play, extremely doubtful remember this is now the 2nd season watching the same players produce the same garbage

Exactly.. What amazes me is the power of a football manager !!

The players ( in our case many coaches ) know or think the set up is wrong ! But no one does anything about it !

Not wishing to tarnish all with the same brush and all that .. But imagine the cv ... part of Ian McCalls coaching staff ... Okay well thanks for coming anyway .. we will let you know lolol

Someone please take control of a sinking ship ffs !

Water taxi for McCall !

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_rW_hwD-Nw0I/TJT3cfU3zTI/AAAAAAAAvOo/QNq4QNpvhLw/s720/IMG_2977.JPG

Must be no more than a couple of hundred. Club is a dead duck.

Usually a good turnout there as well - best away trip in the opinion of many. I rarely miss a trip to Dumfries but was feeling a bit under the weather (self-inflicted) so didn't surfuce until noon.

On and off the park everything is a disaster and the fans feel powerless. However, our B.o.D. still assure us that they know best (with their usual condescension) - if they know best, how come the club is in such a ******* bad way - a way taken headlong under their direction.

Sadly, going to games is depressing, as is coming on here.

Cowan GTF.

Harkins and Twaddle left July 2009,and Tuffey was there last year when we were crap

So, this is not the second season watching the same players? Harkins is bangin' them in elsewhere, Thistle's bank manager got some of the interest paid back on the overdraft and Tuffey is happy being #2 just because he's in the SPL. ******' marvellous. We're sad ******* peasants. :drink2: It's high time the club's fat cat directors put their hands in their pockets and proved they actually are real Thistle fans ...

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

when you've suffered for 45 odd years,

then you'll know what sadisim is!!!

The 70s at Firhill were brilliant for a variety of reasons. Mad football, mad players, great laugh in The Shed, the songs in The Huddle, the dark winter midweek game nights cuttin' through the old tenement close at Queen's Cross for a shortcut to the chippie after the game, dodgy "haufs" in a certain pub not a million miles from the ground (drip tray dregs from the night before, disguised as dark rum?)

The 80s were just ok, overall. Can't remember the 90s. Hey Jim, whit time is it now?

Like yourself, after 40-odd years supporting Thistle, why am I now worried about the authenticity of this development plan and whether it's going to benefit PTFC first? It has a whiff of death about it. Could it be a certain supermarket chain hyena lurking in the shadows in disguise until we go under? Doom and gloom, glass-half-empty Armageddon merchant that I am .. :drink2:

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_rW_hwD-Nw0I/TJT3cfU3zTI/AAAAAAAAvOo/QNq4QNpvhLw/s720/IMG_2977.JPG

Must be no more than a couple of hundred. Club is a dead duck.

A few more arrived after that picture was taken, but final figure not many more than about 350ish I'd say.

McCall looked a bit of a tube after the game in his tracky and a freshly lit fag, gesticulating furiously to Cowan, either explaining how we were burgled or telling Cowan tae GTF. I suspect it was the former. :(

A few more arrived after that picture was taken, but final figure not many more than about 350ish I'd say.

McCall looked a bit of a tube after the game in his tracky and a freshly lit fag, gesticulating furiously to Cowan, either explaining how we were burgled or telling Cowan tae GTF. I suspect it was the former. :(

Now that's a picture that we would love to see (but won't)

Where was this? Any more details?

You've got to feel for Cowan, a conveyancing lawyer in the trough of a housing recession, despised and shown no respect by the fans of the club he is chairman of, and by the sounds of this no respect for him from the clubs manager either, a legal record for the club since he has been on the board which reads like our away record this season. The day before yesterdays man. List the attributes a fooball club chairman needs and you can probably be pretty sure he posesses none of them.

Feel for him, I of course jest, bet theres a few who would swing for him though if he leads this club to the horrific position of effectively going bust twice in 13 years.

Edited by jaf

Very proud of the young guys who sang for forty minutes solid in the second half. Almost as long a rendition of red n yella army as Brockville one time ages ago. We love the club, we support the team, the rest, sadly, is up to others.

Thats great to hear Tom.

Lets hope Firhill can be filled with noise next week. a show of defiance, of hope, of support.

I don't quite agree with you but I certainly don't have the stamina to attack team, manager & board. Old sad punters like me just have to prioritise. So I'd rather see a new board with our same manager and players than Cowan & Co ruling the roost over say Jim McIntyre as manager with today's Pars players in Jags shirts.

I don't quite agree with you but I certainly don't have the stamina to attack team, manager & board. Old sad punters like me just have to prioritise. So I'd rather see a new board with our same manager and players than Cowan & Co ruling the roost over say Jim McIntyre as manager with today's Pars players in Jags shirts.

Interesting take on things.

That would be Jim McIntyre and Pars players who are sitting top of the league tonight and are looking strong for the title?