Another Keeper On The Books

Big Dan

Perhaps it's just insurance since the source of Cerny's injury appears hard to detect. If they get to the root of the problem it could well mean an operation. Cullen's clearly not ready yet to step up and regardless of opinions re Scully we clearly can't risk having only one keeper. The chances of a keeper getting sent off is now greatly reduced but even so we need genuine competition for that position.

Don't know if anyone has seen the highlights of the developement game but if that's the best future goalkeeper coming through, we are in serious trouble.

Cullen made one crucial mistake on Tuesday night. In the four games I've seen him play this season he's been absolutely fine. But go ahead and rubbish a 19 year old who looks like he's still got a good bit of growing and filling out to do.

• Like 3

Unfortunately for Young Conor he made one bad mistake and got punished big time, as stated by others he's more than a competent young keeper with a great future ahead of him , in my opinion I've not seen a better keeper at his age or most senior keepers

For that matter deal with the ball at his feet his passing and distribution is first class , he'll learn from it and the other thing about him is he's actually a Jag's fan!!

• Like 1

The second goal was Bartons fault for not winning a tackle in midfield and the fullbacks for not stopping the cross that the boy scored from point blank range how that's Conors fault beggers belief?..he's made 2 mistakes in about 10 games from the start of the season not bad for a young keeper who'll learn and get better from it..I don't get were supposed Jag's fans get off slating young players ..unbelievable!!!

19 isn't that young really lets be honest. I thought he was a lot younger which would have been slightly more understandable. Besides it doesn't take Buffon to tell ye the basics of goalkeeping bobby. The subject was the signing of another keeper, we have a player in the development who isn't good enough, yet, (I stress to add) to fill the bench. That is the point I was merely making so simmer yerself down an buy yer son a new pair of gloves fir Christmas

Don't know if anyone has seen the highlights of the developement game but if that's the best future goalkeeper coming through, we are in serious trouble.

i said hes making basic mistakes to which i also said he can only get better. my point was he is nowhere near ready for the first team hence the signing of yon german lad. im hardly slating him, im sure he got worse pelters off his team mates.

I wouldn't like to be around when you do get round to slating the lad.

:)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett