Winter Break

MonehJags

I almost wish something like the old Tennants Sixes could be introduced to give us something to watch over the break (but not an actual Tennants Sixes, so we could keep the trophy we won). Think we'd do well in it with players like Lawless, Amoo, Erskine and Edfwards likely to be good at that kind of game.

• Like 1

The problem we have is where would the game be played ?

One of the points of the break is to let pitches recover, so it would be totally contradictory to play at Firhill

England don't have a break, so we can't play down there, which then means going overseas, which would cost the cub significantly, and restrict the number of fans who would go. And there is still the where, as the countries which do have winter breaks usually have them for a reason.

I do like the idea, but I just don't think it is practical on our finances.

• Like 1

Have to laugh at the suggestion of CD Tenerife. Do you really think they would have any interest at all in hosting us in the middle of their domestic season?

I'm sure Spain has a break in January too? Agree with your point though

I've been meaning to bring this up for a while but I notice during International breaks a lot of countries teams' play friendlies with clubs from neighbouring nations.

As suggested it's unlikely to be a money spinner unless sponsorship, a big team is found as an opponent and/or we play in some rich neutral host country.

In an ideal world it would be great for the squad to play against different opposition and tactics. A great learning exercise for the management and playing staff. Would keep things ticking over in the short term and may pick up on potential signings.

Would hold us in good stead for our impending European adventures

Have to laugh at the suggestion of CD Tenerife. Do you really think they would have any interest at all in hosting us in the middle of their domestic season?

No, I don't.

It was merely a daft suggestion of a place that would be pleasant for the fans to go to in mid winter.

They are playing every Saturday in January, so I doubt they'd be interested in any case.

You really need to lighten up a bit.....