Andy Little

Lindau

Ex Sevco striker training at Firhill with a view to a contract. Released by Preston in the summer and hasn't played since January when he was on loan at Blackpool. Thought he was a half decent player but he is a bit injury prone. Has been training with the team for last 6 weeks but picked up an injury but now back in full training. If he was fit he would be a half decent bench man to replace Doolan or Azeez.

With our limited budget I guess "can play a lot of positions" is the main interest.

If he was fit I would consider giving him a deal and let Kevin stay on Ayr for the whole season. With a season of Championship football under his belt he could be challenging for a place next season

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Heard him on Radio Scotland this afternoon. He spoke very well.

He more or less suggested that we offered him a contract but, because he hasn't played since last January, he didn't feel he was able to commit. He said he needs to ease his way back in to playing and has a choice of the two part time clubs in the championship but hasn't made his mind up which one he is going to. Is that Dumbarton and Ayr United?

Seemingly he is involved in coaching and really enjoying it. To be honest, I never saw a lot of him so can't comment if he would have been good for us or not, if fully fit.

Aye right! So he got offered a full time contract at a top flight club but chose to knock it back to sign for a part time team? Is anyone honestly buying that?

No one "chooses" to play part time unless they have a well paid career outside of football.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 1

Aye right! So he got offered a full time contract at a top flight club but chose to knock it back to sign for a part time team? Is anyone honestly buying that?

No one "chooses" to play part time unless they have a well paid career outside of football.

We could've offered him a bottom of the rung basic backed up with an overriding bonus (based on appearances and/or goals). Something like that. Just why we would do is of course another matter.

I'm just cutting the lad some slack as he's said nice words about Archie and he's had a series of horrendous injuries. Besides if he was a dodgy character he'd have been signed by now by yon remand home down at Cappielow.

Anyway McCoist actually released him. Maybe that means he's a proper footballer? :)

• Like 2

Believe it or not. There are some decent human beings out there. Just so cynical.

GRE - It's got nothing to do with being a decent human being, it's just common sense. No one is going to knock back a full time deal in favour of a part time deal unless they have a substantially well paid job outside of football.

And for you to accuse anyone else of being cnynical is rich. You've been cynical about Archie since he got the job, which rears it's ugly head whenever we have a bad result.

Edited by ian_mac

I can't exactly remember how he phrased it but was something like 'offered an opportunity' at Thistle after a couple of months training with us. I was a bit surprised myself but I took it that he was wanting to continue his coaching at the moment and perhaps put himself in the shop window, so to speak, until the end of the season. I think if he did well and was offered a full time deal then that he would take look again at it.

From what he was saying, it seems with the injuries he has had over the last couple of years, he doesn't feel he would do himself justice at our level and the moment and wouldn't be doing himself any favours.

From what I heard of the show, he seemed to be open and honest about things, including his time at Rangers. As I said in my earlier post he spoke very well.

He was very complimentary about Thistle and especially the manager.

GRE - It's got nothing to do with being a decent human being, it's just common sense. No one is going to knock back a full time deal in favour of a part time deal unless they have a substantially well paid job outside of football.

And for you to accuse anyone else of being cnynical is rich. You've been cynical about Archie since he got the job, which rears it's ugly head whenever we have a bad result.

Jeezo! You are such a pompous git. Maybe try and take your head out of your rectum.

GRE, you had a dig at me recently for just saying Sabbath only comes on here to savage our manager when we are going through a bad spell. He is never seen when we are winning. Your statement was similar to, I was bang out of order.....and just for telling the truth. Calling posters pompous gits and cretins is obviously acceptable yourself, while the truth isn't. It's a bizarre world!

Edited by Lindau

GRE, you had a dig at me recently for just saying Sabbath only comes on here to savage our manager when we are going through a bad spell. He is never seen when we are winning. Your statement was similar to, I was bang out of order.....and just for telling the truth. Calling posters pompous gits and cretins is obviously acceptable yourself, while the truth isn't. It's a bizarre world!

But it isn't flat!

• Like 2

The only bizarre thing here is you taking the hump because I said he was entitled to his opinion , not that you weren't telling the truth! Where did I say you weren't telling the truth? But you seem to be like others on here. Not allowed an opinion.