We Need A Goal Scorer

jaggyben

I don't know how many seasons we have been saying this but jeezo we need somebody to finish some off the good play we have at times we can keep saying unlucky it will get better but we won't

A month until we go into the transfer window wouldn't it be great if we could get somebody in straight away instead off waiting till the last minute 3-4 games missed in January

This could be the most important window since we came up we have a pretty much full squad signed up for next year so we need to survive this season and it seems to be getting harder as the season goes on

I know we are struggling money wise and maybe a loan player would help me I would go for a Celtic down the list player like James Forrest very underrated by tic fans but wow could he help us I know it will annoy some on here but we need help so come on Archie get on the phone and call round ask for help cause we need help

We are a great club but sometimes you just need to ask for a wee favour from the big clubs so come on Archie just make the calls and see what we can get in on loan just to give this squad a bit of help up front and us fans a belief that it will get better

I don't know how many seasons we have been saying this but jeezo we need somebody to finish some off the good play we have at times we can keep saying unlucky it will get better but we won't

A month until we go into the transfer window wouldn't it be great if we could get somebody in straight away instead off waiting till the last minute 3-4 games missed in January

This could be the most important window since we came up we have a pretty much full squad signed up for next year so we need to survive this season and it seems to be getting harder as the season goes on

I know we are struggling money wise and maybe a loan player would help me I would go for a Celtic down the list player like James Forrest very underrated by tic fans but wow could he help us I know it will annoy some on here but we need help so come on Archie get on the phone and call round ask for help cause we need help

We are a great club but sometimes you just need to ask for a wee favour from the big clubs so come on Archie just make the calls and see what we can get in on loan just to give this squad a bit of help up front and us fans a belief that it will get better

Just in case you had not noticed, we do have a goalscorer, Kris Doolan, 93 so far and counting!

• Like 1

We need s centre half. And we need a defensive midfielder that can go box to box, commit players, and chip in with the odd goal. Welsh is NOT the answer. Bannigan was the answer. Fraser could have been the answer.

And sometimes we need to play Doolan alongside someone else that can score goals... maybe that's the striker you're talking about.

I know we have Dools I've got his shirt hanging proudly at home I won it and hey one off the best jags ever but we still need help

Dools is doing well but look at the chances that are being missed and we can't afford that we are dropping points right left and centre

We need to start picking up points soon we don't want to be like hibs st mirren or the arabs and the way this season is panning out if we don't find somebody to help Dools not replace Dools we could be in trouble

No games in January in the league until the 28th. And that would be the James Forrest recently capped by Scotland at Wembley and scored in the Cup Final today? Get serious man

We do have Kevin Nisbet returning in January. Perhaps his loan deal will be extended and we could bring in someone slightly more accomplished, tho' like others I'd question priority.

As with bringing in any loan player you've got to look at the benefits of any deal to the parent club. Someone who's not getting regular football isn't exactly ideal for the second half of the season, especially a goalscorer. We're not in much of a position to assist a loaning club financially and I wouldn't be too keen in bringing in someone who's just returning from injury. Even if you see it as a priority I don't think bringing in a striker of suitable quality is feasible.

Nisbet can find the target as well as anybody. I agree though that we need another goal scorer to help Doolan. What we need most though is an experienced centre back. As has been mentioned, we have the whole of January pretty much without a game so im sure Archie must have targets in mind. As long as he doesn't sign anymore midfielders

Maybe he should sign for the Villa

- like it! I didn't realise he'd been evicted. Maybe the Cottager's have room for him.

Seriously, we need to tighten our defence rather than go looking for more goals from some wonder striker at this stage. We have players capable of scoring from all over the pitch like Edwards (unlucky), Erskine (unlucky) and Lawless and Doolan would grace any Premiership forward line. We can't afford to give away a good lead in any match and especially not from the oppositions corner flag in the 93rd minute.

• Like 3