Kevin Nisbet

marco77

I wonder if Archie will have enough confidence in Nisbet to give him a run in the team when he returns or if he will still look to bring another striker in next month?

McCall seemed less than pleased with him in that interview. Any time I have seen Nisbet though he has impressed me. Don't know if he can make the step up yet but certainly looks ready physically.

I know an Ayr United fan and he told me that one week he looked brilliant, the next he didn't look interested. Perhaps attitude could have upset McCall?

...I know an Ayr United fan and he told me that one week he looked brilliant, the next he didn't look interested. Perhaps attitude could have upset McCall?

I have no idea about the attitude of Kevin Nisbet, positive or negative so this this about young players in general and not anyone specifically.

However, I wonder if a program designed to assist younger players in considering the missed opportunity that will result from not applying themselves or putting themselves in a position where someone might, allegedly, spike your drink, for example, or decide on the bookies over the golf course or training ground might help young starlets. I'd put Chic Charnley forward as a mentor for that program. In his interview on the Peter and Roughie show he was adamant that while Lambie got the best out of him he only had himself to blame for not fulfilling his undoubted talent by playing at the highest level.

We use 'older' players to coach football skills but what about a proper mentoring structure that might start at the Thistle Weir Academy?

• Like 2