Putting The F'n Fixtures

CCjag

So last year it was Dingwall for an evening kick-off on 29/12 and this year it's Pittodrie on 27 December at 7:45............and Dingwall in midweek in February!

Oh Well!

it's only Thistle so it doesn't really matter does it?

Edited by CCjag
  • Like 1

Inverness not being in the league mean that County have no local games (even Aberdeen is over a 3 hour drive away). Added to that, the winter break and the fact that the world cup is next year meaning the league finishes earlier, then midweek games are inevitable. It'd be absolutely ridiculous to expect the highland teams to make the midweek trips to the central belt every time, and its not as if we're the only club with long trips during the week. Its unfortunate, and irritating, but I don't think you can really have a go at the league over this.

• Like 1

The trip up to Dingwall last December was fantastic and was the result that sparked our good form :fan:

It was also the only match I've missed in ninety odd games. Bitter maybe at missing a great result but expecting folk to go by car (the only practical method of transport for many of us) at that time of year is asking too much.

Hibs very beatable imo. Lost a couple of key players and arrive after a few seasons out of top flight. Their ego might backfire on them. Celtic obv tough but would rather catch them early whilst champions league qualifiers are ongoing. St Johnstone? No reason we should fear going there. And as for Aberdeen,also lost a few key players and I do think they will do well to replicate last season again. So 10 points here we come from my glass half full perspective. :)

Will Celtic not cancel for some "glamour" friendly as has been the case the last twice we've been due to play them in August.

Sure I read somewhere it's only the home club that can instigate a cancellation. That being the case we should perhaps organise a glamour friendly against Maryhill Juniors or the Peasy for that date.

• Like 2