Half Time Draw - Season 17/18

Fawlty Towers

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys

Just to let you know that I will not be at the game on Saturday as I have Chickenpox but the other sellers will be there as usual and the club are going to put a youth player in my position so no excuses for not getting a ticket.

I have also been speaking to Beth and it should be something other than a ball for the second prize.

I know we are coming in to a busy and expensive month so your support is, as always, appreciated.

Hello Guys

Just to let you know that I will not be at the game on Saturday as I have Chickenpox but the other sellers will be there as usual and the club are going to put a youth player in my position so no excuses for not getting a ticket.

I have also been speaking to Beth and it should be something other than a ball for the second prize.

I know we are coming in to a busy and expensive month so your support is, as always, appreciated.

Sorry to hear that you are out of action,good news re the second prize,wishing you a quick recovery.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know that I will be back on Wednesday evening and tickets will be on sale around the ground as usual. If the weather is wet and windy you will find me inside the Jackie Husband Stand - same area but other side of the turnstiles. Give yourself a chance to win some money before Christmas by buying a ticket and, of course, help support youth development at our club.

Thanks for your support!

First up apologies as we did not have anyone in the North Stand - can't dress it up it was a complete breakdown in communication but we will get it sorted.

The first prize was £271 and the winning numbers were:

1st - 46998

2nd - 46960

Thanks for your support on what was a very cold December Wednesday evening!

• 4 weeks later...

After what seems like an age we are back at Firhill on Tuesday evening so that means the half time draw is back. Because of the seating arrangements both Ian and myself will be covering the Main Stand. Marc who normally covers the North Stand can't make it so the club will provide a youth team player for there.

I know January is always a tough month money wise so thanks in advance for your continued support!

I used to buy half-time draw tickets at every away ground we visited. Then a few years ago I overheard a couple of guys (home fans at one away ground) flippantly (?) saying that tickets bought by "Partick" fans wouldn't even make it into the draw. That got me thinking..... put it this way: rightly or wrongly I stopped buying tickets anywhere except at Firhill. But I'd probably be tempted to do it again at a few of my "liked" away venues, where I don't grudge giving an extra quid or two to the opposition, even if there's no chance of winning.

Edited by Jaggernaut

I used to buy half-time draw tickets at every away ground we visited. Then a few years ago I overheard a couple of guys (home fans at one away ground) flippantly (?) saying that tickets bought by "Partick" fans wouldn't even make it into the draw. That got me thinking..... put it this way: rightly or wrongly I stopped buying tickets anywhere except at Firhill. But I'd probably be tempted to do it again at a few of my "liked" away venues, where I don't grudge giving an extra quid or two to the opposition, even if there's no chance of winning.

I won it on sat in Dumfries.

Edited by king of spain
  • Like 1

Drops by about 300quid. Also feel we are doing ourself out money by not selling to anyone who wants to buy one.

Real admiration for our 50/50 sellers. They should really tho' have been dropping hints last night that part of the proceeds are being ring-fenced to finance a statue to Gerry Adams in Ruchill Park.