Half Time Draw - Season 17/18

Fawlty Towers

Hello Folks

With the first home game of the season just under 3 weeks away it is time to start thinking of how we push on and make the half time draw bigger & better.

I will be speaking to the club about this but it is you guys who are the customers and I am looking for your help as well. I am going to put a few thoughts/ideas here and would ask you to give feedback so we can get things in place that will increase the funds we raise for the very important area of youth development.

1. Sponsorship - the club are looking for a sponsor for this season so if you are interested in this or know someone who would be please get in touch with the club.

2. Nomads - for people who cannot attend games but still want to be involved I am going to ask them to send me money over the course of the season which I will use to buy tickets for them so they can be entered in the draw. In January I was contacted by a Nomad who wanted to contribute and he sent me a certain amount of money which I used to buy the appropriate amount of tickets for the remaining games. It worked okay and it would only involve a little extra work by myself each matchday to make sure everyone had their tickets included. There is of course an element of trust in this as people would need to believe that I am buying their tickets for them. What I did last season with the gentleman involved was to PM after each game letting him know his ticket numbers.

3. Volunteers - at the moment we have myself, Ian, Donna & Marc as regulars and when someone is ill or can't make it we ask the club to supply a youth team player but it would be good to have a bigger pool of people to draw on. If you are interested please PM me.

4. Collecting Prize - at the moment you have to contact the club at the start of the next week to arrange getting your money but at other clubs it seems that people get their prize on the day. I plan to discuss with the club what it is that currently stops us doing what these other clubs do so we can get people their prize on the day.

I appreciate this is quite a long post but I do want to hear from you so please reply with your thoughts. I won't respond to each post but will wait until there are a few before replying.

Thanks for your support!

Edited by Fawlty Towers

Just to provide an update on this.

1. Ian, Donna & Marc have all confirmed their availability for the season ahead. If anyone is interested in joining us please PM me.

2. Maxi has advised that he is looking at a sponsor at the moment. No names obviously so we will have to see how that goes.

3. The club are looking to have the winner get their money on the day.

4.If anyone who can't make games wants to be included in the draw please PM me so we can sort that out.

Thank, as always, for your support!

Final comment from me but why not offer a few more prizes. I know it means a bit more admin work. Based on say £500 available for prizes

1) 70% (£350)

2) 20% (£100)

3) 10% (£50)

4) £10 voucher to spend in club shop

5) 5 free HT draw tickets next game only

6) Free programme for next game only

Would create a bit more interest if announced in reverse order. Just feel at the moment the minute the first prize is announced the interest is lost and even getting the 3rd prize would cover the whole day out with a few drinks thrown in. As a punter that regularly throws a minimum of £5 in at every home game and not had a sniff I think more might be encouraged if more prizes were available.

Edited by Lindau

Final comment from me but why not offer a few more prizes. I know it means a bit more admin work. Based on £500 available for prizes

1) 70% (£350)

2) 20% (£100)

3) 10% (£50)

4) Free ball

5) 5 free HT draw tickets next game only

6) Free programme next home game only/free pint in Aitken next home game only (to encourage fans to use it) and subject to being over 18 obviously

Would create a bit more interest if announced in reverse order. Just feel at the moment the minute the first prize is announced the interest is lost and even getting the 3rd prize would cover the whole day out with a few drinks thrown in. As a punter that regularly throws a minimum of £5 in at every home game and not had a sniff I think more might be encouraged if more prizes were available.

Assuming they're the licensee I don't think the Club can promote the sale of alcohol as such (inducement to drink).

Thinking kinda similar re the 2nd prize as the signed ball thingy is in effect valueless to most. Having tried on four fruitless occasions to pick up a signed ball (Centenary Fund) I wouldn't even bother. I know they'll be cheap from the Club's point of view but so are T shirts/Baseball caps and numerous other items that advertise PTFC.

eta what about a Jags top (training top or tee shirt) signed by the Player of the Match?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

Assuming they're the licensee I don't think the Club can promote the sale of alcohol as such (inducement to drink).

Thinking kinda similar re the 2nd prize as the signed ball thingy is in effect valueless to most. Having tried on four fruitless occasions to pick up a signed ball (Centenary Fund) I wouldn't even bother. I know they'll be cheap from the Club's point of view but so are T shirts/Baseball caps and numerous other items that advertise PTFC.

eta what about a Jags top (training top or tee shirt) signed by the Player of the Match?

Have edited that to take out the ball and the pint. Think that was a good idea M'Lady. Voucher might encourage someone to buy a jersey, t shirt, etc and will at least get them into the shop. Prizes 4-6 will take another £20 or so out the kitty but I think that would be covered by extra tickets (hopefully) being bought!

Edited by Lindau

From the responses since last weekend it is clear that you are looking for a bit of variety in regards to the the prizes so I will take that up with the club. I would not expect anything to change for the 2 League Cup games but to come in for the league games starting.

If anyone is going to miss the next 2 games and wants to purchase tickets for theses please PM me so we can sort this out.

Thanks for your support!

• Like 2

We will be selling tickets at the game on Saturday so lets start the season with someone winning a good cash prize. Tickets remain £1 each and profits will be used to for youth development. As it is the first game of the season we might not have everything in place that we have been discussing in this thread but we will get there.

We had a very good season in 16/17 but lets make 17/18 even better.

Thanks for your support!

A good start to the season with a first prize today of £375 - thanks to everyone who purchased a ticket.

The winning numbers were:

1st - 31501

2nd - 31607

We will be selling tickets at the game next Saturday so please continue your support. If there is anyone who can't make the game and wants to get a ticket please PM me.

Thanks for your support!

Firstly apologies to the North Standers as a communication problem meant you guys did not have a seller today. I will do my best to ensure that does not happen again.

The first prize today was £396 and the winning numbers were:

1st - 31966

2nd - 32147

Next home game is against Celtic on Friday the 11th of August - see you there.

Thanks for your support!

On Friday evening we will be selling tickets at the game against Celtic so please give us your support so we can raise more to help with youth development at our club.

Still looking for a volunteer who would be willing to sell tickets at this game - PM me if interested.

Thanks for your support!

As with previous games against Celtic myself and Ian will be outside the Main Stand on Friday evening. If you are looking at the Main Stand I will be to the left of the main doors and Ian will be to the right. The more tickets we can sell the bigger the prize you can win and the more we can give to youth development.

Thanks for your support!

• 2 weeks later...

Back to Firhill again on Saturday and tickets will be on sale as usual. Those who were at the game or saw the highlights of the development squad's win over Stirling Uni in the Irn Bru Cup will testify that the money being spent on youth development is being used well so lets raise even more!

If anyone who can't attend on Saturday wants to be included in the draw PM me please.

Thanks for your support!