Genuine question: why on earth should we care how Scottish football is perceived around the world? The season in Luxembourg is a winter season, and Niederkorn had played exactly the same amount of competitive games this season as Rangers had. The being well into their season argument isn't really relevant here. Rangers lost because they've thrown together a bunch of players who've just met and have a manager who's more interested in telling them what shoes they can't wear than making them a competent football team.

I hadn't read all the posts here when I replied and hadn't realised that. I did agree with your last point though - and I also think that there is unrealistic pressure put on the Rangers team (as if it was the real power of old) and this leads to a fear in the players when they play such games. Having said all that, I must admit I had been sure that even playing crap, Rangers would have gotten through against them - Rangers were even poorer than I thought they could be.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Even under Dick D's scenario I'd still be laughing at last night's result. It's the irrational part of me that makes me follow football and the Jags in particular.

Besides with sevco bounced out of Europe they'll be significantly weaker financially, which further down the line should increase our chances of beating them and go on to claim 4th spot in the league. Or am I just being irrational? :)

Yes ... but not as out and out mental as Rangers supporters and their ideas about everything that happens to their club. Compared to them you're much too sane.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Statement from SFA. You have to chuckle eh?

http://www.scottishf...ewsCategoryID=1

Naw, some things are too pathetic too laugh at (though I suppose you could argue if you didn't laugh you'd weep). They had perfectly valid cause to strip them of title long before the court appeal against HMRC completed. Rangers deliberately misled the football authorities in their player registration (in order not to highlight the EBTs they were using) - down the years clubs have been punished (e.g. thrown out of the cup) for minor accidental infringements, such as forgetting to put a signature or date in a player registration form (where it was required twice) but Rangers - year on year - registered several players wrongly to hide how they were being paid extra through EBTs. I believe they were given a fine of a couple of hundred grand (probably never paid) but that is a joke: the only honest action would be to strip them of the titles they won while using EBTs.

I know this is all old stuff but it's worth repeating sometimes because over time some folk forget and are inclined to shrug there shoulders as if it was all something minor.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 4

Genuine question: why on earth should we care how Scottish football is perceived around the world?

The season in Luxembourg is a winter season, and Niederkorn had played exactly the same amount of competitive games this season as Rangers had. The being well into their season argument isn't really relevant here. Rangers lost because they've thrown together a bunch of players who've just met and have a manager who's more interested in telling them what shoes they can't wear than making them a competent football team.

The SMSM Sporting branch will have to look deeper in their bag of Rangers Apologies, then?

I wonder if Graeme Dorrans has a 21 day cooling off period in his contract. He must feel at least a wee bit dirty.

I love it when balloon managers (like Caixinho) spew out the mantra: "I accept full responsibility for this", and do feck all. Surely he would have to follow up his throwaway remark by at least forfeiting a month or two's wages, if not actually resign.

Personally, I think he's doing a superb job at Ra Peepul Stadium and should stay for a good while yet.

• Like 1

And then you get the stock shite like: "There's no easy games at this level." Whit fkn level? The hvns' opponents, besides being part time, play in a wee hamlet with a population of 1,800. That's the equivalent of some of the smaller teams from eg Ayrshire or Lanarkshire.

It goes without saying that Scottish Premiership teams getting pumped by micro minnows is an affront to the Scottish game in and of itself; but seeing as we don't get that many post-coital moments in our season, I claim an entitlement to laugh thunderously at all and any moments of OF embarrassment. And as moments of embarrassment go, the hvns' gubbing at the hands of Niederkorn's finest grape farmers, mushroom pickers and hay balers was up there with the cream of global embarrassing occurrences.

• Like 6

"The CQN Podcast - Episode 3 of 'A Celtic State of Mind' finds Paul John Dykes and Paul Brennan discussing the Supreme Court's decision on Rangers' (IL) unlawful use of EBTs."

- Listen Here -

Don't let the "Celtic State Of Mind" description put you off listening, I found it balanced, well reasoned and insightful.

I'd be surprised if anyone here didn't agree with the points being made. The people running Scottish Football are a disgrace. It's mind boggling they're getting away with it.

I suspect the "blue pound" is stopping a lot of clubs, including us sadly, from speaking out.

1goiuq.jpg

• Like 3