Cathro Sacked

angry gaz

Canning and Houston been quoted for it. Don't get Canning but Houston has worked with levein before. Hope it's anyone but Archie.

canning has the lowest budget in the division and continues to keep accies in the premier league - for what is now the longest period of time in their history- I think he's quite underrated- if Archie ever left wouldn't object to him becoming manager

Is Maxi not our "Director of Football"? Different title using "Managing Director" but effectively runs football opetations at club including involved in targets and signings and is link between manager and board. A lower profile and better image but similar role.

I could well be weong but I always thought that maxi's role was a bit broader. He is clearly involved in the footballing side, but seems to have a pretty wide remit, particularly on the commercial side, as well as the "political" aspect of dealing with the SPFL.

I would expect a director of football to concentrate almost exclusively on the football side and therefore probably me a lot more hands on.

Edited by mad-jag

It could just be a matter of scale. A smaller club is more likely to combine the duties of a managing director with the duties of a director of football. Besides I'm not too sure the whole director of football thingy isn't just being a tad grandiose. You can go back to the 70s when you had Arsenal with Bertie Mee and Don Howe or Man City with Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison. Maybe even Busby & Murphy way before that. In fact I wonder if Scot Symon's role at Firhill around that time was much different from a director of football's?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

It could just be a matter of scale. A smaller club is more likely to combine the duties of a managing director with the duties of a director of football. Besides I'm not too sure the whole director of football thingy isn't just being a tad grandiose. You can go back to the 70s when you had Arsenal with Bertie Mee and Don Howe or Man City with Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison. Maybe even Busby & Murphy way before that. In fact I wonder if Scot Symon's role at Firhill around that time was much different from a director of football's?

SS once sold me my season ticket way back when!!!!

SS once sold me my season ticket way back when!!!!

I lost my very first season ticket to Firhill after about 4 weeks (God or the fates trying to tell me something?), as you can imagine a 15 year old boy I was terrified to tall my parents, so near to tears I phoned Firhill, for some reason got put through to Scot Symon and he couldn't have been nicer and more helpful: he told me to ask for him at the next home game and for that game and the entire season I picked up a comp ticket at the front office. To go in the same entrance as Donald Park and Jackie Campbell every other week was a thrill in itself and was an unasked for kindness that I have never forgotten.

• Like 6