Poor Attendance & North Stand

NELL

Under 3000 at thistle game Hamilton(300) extremely poor (jags fans are no turning up)

Kilmarnock game 10, 500. Regardless what you you think Celtic / Rangers full stadiums its a lot of money to let slip away .

Not all season tickets are taken up for these fixtures against these to clubs .We are missing a trick financially.

Thistle fans should be in the main stand give the rest up it all about finances for the club it benefits players club Etc .

Or if the board ever decide to sort out that embarrassment of a bing ( temp stands, standing area just build something the old firm will pay for it with there large support ) then give them that)

A main stand full of Thistle fans is better than what we have .If you want to sing get to the end of the main stand nearest the north stand .

Main stand is half empty, north stand is half empty its a poor reflection on our hard core support .

Kilmarnock did not fill there allocation a bit like thistle , Glasgow mob did - this = money for Kily & maximizing the opportunity .

A full house in the main stand full off thistle fans sound ok to me .

Celtic / Rangers will full the north stand as well as the Jh just give them the tickets .

Also I haven't done the fingers but its a lot of penny,s for our cause to stay in this top division .

The board should look & analyse and then change set up of fan allocation, its the stay away fans that,s the problem .

I don't think we've had a "full" Firhill (i.e. not even 10,00) against either of the erse cheeks for years.

Personally, I'd love their hordes to be allowed nowhere near Firhill, regardless of whether it cost us money!

Kind of missing the point, it's not "full" because we have too many precious fans who would rather keep sections of the ground empty and for themselves rather than maximise the income for the club that will help improve our squad and in turn allow us to compete more effectively.

Probably the same fans who choose not to go to these games and yet bemoan our limited squad and why we regularly fail to compete with the two erse cheeks.

I'd happily keep them away if it ment Jags fans where filling 4~5,000 seats themselves.

The busiest Firhill has been in years was the Thistle v Morton title decider. That was surreal.

You will probably find that it's only the hardcore supporters that attend games just now because we aren't exactly playing great stuff. The only other group of supporters who will be keeping the figures up at he moment are the semi-alcoholics who have an excuse to have a few beers.

2700 Jags fans there on Saturday. Are we seriously suggesting that against the OF we offer up a maximum of 2,000 tickets to our own support? It’s one thing for some people to choose not to attend, it’s another to purposely exclude your own core support. Furthermore season ticket holders are guaranteed seats for the OF games, so there would be no more than 1,000 tickets on open sale to Jags fans. I suspect that many season tickets go unused for the OF games so what you’re suggesting may lead to regulars being excluded

I've already put my point of view over on a previous thread but what I'd like to add is that the division we play in next (and probably for a good few consecutive) season (s) will depend on who we can bring in during the winter transfer opening.

The more money we have the more choice we have.

Have till recently used the Main Stand for OF games. Last couple of games I've been in the North Stand. Suits me better. In the Main Stand I reckon you have to turn up over half an hour before kick off to be guaranteed a decent view. And of course the larger the group you're in the more problematic. One of the joys of having a ST is knowing you don't have that sort of hassle, except you do if you move to the Main Stand for ugly sister games.

If you gave the OF the Northie they'd likely sell out that stand as well, That would mean that some of their scum would still get into the home area. I reckon in a tighter packed Main Stand that could lead to more bother than just now when space isn't so much an issue.

Nothing wrong with NELL's post in theory. More revenue for the Club should lead to a better team on the park and that should lead to more Jags attending Firhill. Just don't think it's practical. Rubbing up the Jags support even more for ugly sister games would backfire.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

The busiest Firhill has been in years was the Thistle v Morton title decider. That was surreal.

You will probably find that it's only the hardcore supporters that attend games just now because we aren't exactly playing great stuff. The only other group of supporters who will be keeping the figures up at he moment are the semi-alcoholics who have an excuse to have a few beers.

Not sure that they are separate groups.... hic.
  • Like 1

The main stand can hold all our season ticket holders and pay at the gate supporters , Also there is the enclosure at the front of the main stand that can take any over spill of thistle fans As for old firm fans in thistle end that what the police & stewards are for to sort it out .

The main stand can hold all our season ticket holders and pay at the gate supporters , Also there is the enclosure at the front of the main stand that can take any over spill of thistle fans As for old firm fans in thistle end that what the police & stewards are for to sort it out .

Perhaps if the extra revenue was partly ring fenced and the proceeds used to reduce entry fee to North Stand then our fans would be appeased. There is no reason as it is that the North Stand pay at the gate is the same as the JHS with its superior view.

Perhaps if the extra revenue was partly ring fenced and the proceeds used to reduce entry fee to North Stand then our fans would be appeased. There is no reason as it is that the North Stand pay at the gate is the same as the JHS with its superior view.

That would make sense if the fans in the Northie didn't have the choice to go in to the JHS.

That would make sense if the fans in the Northie didn't have the choice to go in to the JHS.

Don't follow, scotty. Think it common enough in other grounds that the stand behind the goals is less expensive than the adjacent stands. A reduced price may result in more fans attending but in any case any nett loss woulds be covered by the additional attendance at the ugly sister games.

No it can't. There were 2700 home fans on Saturday which exceeds the main stand capacity.

Your first sentence is debatable and difficult to judge as many ST holders don't turn up for these games.

Your second sentence I believe is unlikely. I don't think we are allowed anyone apart from some disabled fans to use the enclosure.

Don't follow, scotty. Think it common enough in other grounds that the stand behind the goals is less expensive than the adjacent stands. A reduced price may result in more fans attending but in any case any nett loss woulds be covered by the additional attendance at the ugly sister games.

The reason the club have given the north stand to jags fans was due to pressure from the fans. If you're saying they should get in there at a reduced rate then the club are more likely to turn it over to away fans and close the main stand. Would cost them less.

I doubt if reducing the price for the north stand would bring in more jags fans for games against the ugly sisters. . More likely to get more OF fans buying tickets.

As the total attendance was 2900 I doubt that there were as many home fans. I'm sure the figure given for away support was over 500.

Also, there are never as many at OF games.

The away support was just over 300.

And another thing; can we please stop applauding, as a matter of course, the travelling fans when the figure is announced. If it's Aberdeen or Ross County, it's fair enough. Three hundred folk making the trek all the way from Hamilton, no.

• Like 2

The Thistle games again the old firm should be a all ticket game if its not already for jags fans .

Thistle season tickets holders allocated a seat & none season ticket holder buy a ticket .

Patrick thistle football club know how many they can allocate on a first come first served bases .This would generate a lot of revenue for the club.

2 x empty main stand & north stand is poor financial scenes . Just give the north stand up to support the club

These questions don,t need to be addressed if we could fill with thistle fans the Jh or the board sort out that thing at the south end (board sort that out )