Seven figure sum?

TartanC4

4 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Beating Paul Hartley's shambles of a Falkirk side doesn't mean everything's going to be fine. The team is still well short of being able to compete at the right end of the table.

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Good result and better performance against a poor team.....do we look like promotion candidates ? Not yet 

Really good team performance today I thought.So something to build on.

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

do we look like promotion candidates ? Not yet 

2 hours ago, sandy said:

Do we look like relegation candidates? Er, naw.

Thing is, for reasons I don't really understand, we play in a league so small we only have nine opponents. Six clubs will end up in the promoted, relegated, play off bracket. Perhaps we'll be one of the four clubs that end up involved in nothing but I'd suggest that middle four won't be known till well into the new year.  

You can only beat the team against you on the pitch, yes they were poor, probably poorer than day hamilton or county last season and we got gubbed off them, so i think we did well today.

Not the finished article obviously.

But the work rate for ninety minutes was great. They all looked like they knew their roles and stuck to it. Much better creativing going forward and the goal aside we looked much better at the back. I thought Penrice had his best game today. He looks a real prospect. 

Some of our players played well enough for the premier but we aren't a premier team anymore and i'll settle for being one of the top teams in this league this season.

Much better today, more improvement needed. Quite enjoyed my saturday for a change.

10 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Staying away from relegation in the Premier league was always our first target,but now we have been relegated surely our target has to be more than just not getting relegated again.

I agree auld yin, but after the first five games of this seaaon it didn't look good and perhaps a few of us adjusted our expectations accordingly. A step in the right direction, our year for the league cup? 4-1 next saturday would be peachy

5 hours ago, sandy said:

Not strange if you believe in our Club and and optimistic about the improvements we will make. 

This is empty rhetoric.

You believe in the Club for one of two reasons:

a ) blind faith; or

b ) tangible evidential grounds for optimism having been provided.

For those who don’t believe in the first its perfectly reasonable to say that there is as of yet very little if any evidence to support the suggestion that we clearly won’t be relegation candidates.

There is however a lot of evidence, unless the team goes on a sustained winning run or it signs several very strong signings within 3 weeks, that we won’t be serious candidates for promotion.

11 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

This is empty rhetoric.

You believe in the Club for one of two reasons:

a ) blind faith; or

b ) tangible evidential grounds for optimism having been provided.

For those who don’t believe in the first its perfectly reasonable to say that there is as of yet very little if any evidence to support the suggestion that we clearly won’t be relegation candidates.

There is however a lot of evidence, unless the team goes on a sustained winning run or it signs several very strong signings within 3 weeks, that we won’t be serious candidates for promotion.

It is probably to early to say  what end of the league we will finish.Imo on the evidence of yesterday we will not finish in a relegation position,but would we be in the top 4 at the end of the season?We will need to see who we sign.But as I said in another post yesterday is a result and performance we can build on.

5 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Just our luck that Barnsley got relegated which probably halved the value of him.

If it does go through we’ll join St Mirren as having a sell on fee as our largest transfer fee into the club, even if it’s not as much as we would have liked.