Good Ridence Cowan And Hughes?

Ozieptfc

Whilst a lot of people on here are delighted by this news I think talk of a re-invigorated support on Saturday and so on is a bit OTT. The majority of the support won’t really care too much about this news, it’s not going to eradicate our terrible performances of this season and it’s not going to improve anything on the park this Saturday. Simply by virtue of being on this forum the members on here show more of an interest in the workings of the club than most but more people don’t read this than do.

I’m one of the people that don’t pay too much attention to what goes on behind the scenes and whilst the stories you would read from time to time about people’s personal grievances with board members were pretty bad they were just that, personal grievances. At the end of the day they ‘saved the club’ all those years ago and we still have a club today. The one thing that really grinds my gears behind the scenes is this propco shambles but from what I’ve read this isn’t the little baby of Cowan, Hughes or Prentice?

Ironically I think them staying in power would have been better for the Jags Trust in terms of galvanizing support. It seemed like a proper organised muting was not far round the corner which would have certainly boosted interest and involvement in the JT.

One thing I will say is despite not knowing the guy, Jim Alexander seems like the right kind of person to have at the top table.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...not just by clinging on, but by some of their specific actions, too.

Someone, on another thread, mentioned Ricky & Chico (who, to my shame, I had forgotten about) and it made me wonder if the decline in the team's morale has anything to do with not having these two nutters raising the boys' spirits around the dressing room. :drink:

The other two who are nearly always credited with lifting the spirits are Mssrs Maxwell & Kinniburgh. One's gone on to become Asst Manager & the other has recently captained the side. :o

My hunch is that Cowan and Hughes did not go voluntarily. They could have been forced by the bank, new investors/directors or the other directors. I suspect that the debt levels could increasing to levels where the club could be in breach of its banking covenants. If so, the bank could have threatened us with administration if Cowan and Hughes stayed on.

The club needs further investment in addition to Propco, i.e. equity to pay off the overdraft and loans. The other directors could be increasing their investment and demanded the resignation of Cowan and Hughes as a condition. It is therefore possible that the club will be owned by the PropCo investors.

I would prefer new investors to come in and take over the club. I doubt that Melville, having put a lot of money into Dundee, will be looking for another club to "invest" in. We can speculate wildly but, in reality, we will know nothing until the new chairman and vice-chairman are appointed.

Edited by kni

Add to that pair Michael Max, Bobby Briggs, Lianne, the couple who ran the Junior Jags, the guy that started PTTV. All more or less pushed out by this "out of touch" regime. Get the Welcome mat out for these Diehards and watch the Club really getting back to the glory days.

Erm ... glory days? :thinking: More fun than these days, granted. Glory days though ...

Add to that pair Michael Max, Bobby Briggs, Lianne, the couple who ran the Junior Jags, the guy that started PTTV. All more or less pushed out by this "out of touch" regime. Get the Welcome mat out for these Diehards and watch the Club really getting back to the glory days.

Agreed.

I'd love to hear Campbell Hughes back on our highlights. Some may not but at least he brings enthusiasm and a bit of humour to it. It would mean another Jag in through the gates.

Cowan's comments are enough to make you sick. If he would shut up, we would mostly let him disappear over the horizon with thanks for his part in Save the Jags but he can't help himself and has to pretend that he's leaving the club in good shape:

"The financial situation is in some ways better than it’s ever been.

“I think the relationship between the board and the majority of the supporters is perfectly good. I’d like to think the Board which I was a member of will be remembered for bringing stability.”

Really?

Please Mr Cowan, for your own sake, don't speak about Partick Thistle again because it seems that you are either deluded, incompetent to the point that you don't realise what is going on or simply a liar.

Agreed.

I'd love to hear Campbell Hughes back on our highlights. Some may not but at least he brings enthusiasm and a bit of humour to it. It would mean another Jag in through the gates.

If you listen carefully (and that's been easy in the past few home games given the silence in the JH stand) you can hear Campbell all the way from Stenny B)

Campbell Hughes is a Thistle fan.

I'm a bit confused by this.

I'm a Thistle fan so I go and watch Thistle.

I'd never, ever go and watch another league team week in, week out, even if I could play bertie big baws and do a cringe worthy job on the match highlights.

Even if I did have a fall out with someone. Maybe they told him his commentary was embarassing????

I always thought Lianne overreacted when she chucked going to games because of the board, but at least that was a falling out with the board (if a little self important), and she didn't naff off and watch another team.

All very odd.

Excuse me ? Is that aimed at me ? If it is then how do you perceive that i am a troll, just because someone has their own opinion does not make them a troll, and if you believe that then your the biggest troll on this forum with the things you spout !

Because you are consistently the most negative poster. Yes you are entitled to your point, but any chance you could try and filter that stream of crap so that you don't actually end of sounding like the most offensive moron on the planet? I won't bother trying to spare your feelings here as you are obviously unable to make any kind of a considerate gesture yourself. Do you remember how the last forum closed? It was because the people who ran it got fed up with having to moderate posts like yours, posts too lazy to show some basic respect for other people whilst still making their point. It is possible, so why don't you start applying a little effort and see if you can use language to say what you want without trolling on every post.

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

Because you are consistently the most negative poster. Yes you are entitled to your point, but any chance you could try and filter that stream of crap so that you don't actually end of sounding like the most offensive moron on the planet? I won't bother trying to spare your feelings here as you are obviously unable to make any kind of a considerate gesture yourself. Do you remember how the last forum closed? It was because the people who ran it got fed up with having to moderate posts like yours, posts too lazy to show some basic respect for other people whilst still making their point. It is possible, so why don't you start applying a little effort and see if you can use language to say what you want without trolling on every post.

As a pedant I have to say that isn't strictly what being a Troll is. A troll is a windup merchant, deliberately trying to start arguments just for the sake of it and whose main intention is just to annoy other posters and disrupt the thread.

I have'nt followed the argument between you but if your statement here's correct, you've reason to say he's rude and inconsiderate but you can be that without being a troll.

Hopefully I've put that to rest (and started another argument altogether).

Edited by Mr Bunny

Being rude and inconsiderate does annoy other posters and, as proven here, disupts the thread. He is perhaps not strictly speaking a Troll, but certainly achieves the same ends.

Goodness guys. Just chuck it and pull together as Partick Thistle supporters should be doing.

Back to the thread and celebrate the beginning of a new era.

Think on how each and everyone of us can contribute to the future of the Club wiyhout the point scoring squabbles. B)

Show me some proof of where i was being negative please ? The last forum closed because of folk like you who tried to take over it and tell people who was and was not allowed to post and what they were allowed to say. Pretty much like you just did there. There is no need to moderate my posts as the guys commentary was gash and he is a stenny fan so good riddance to him. We need a proffesional run club so no invites to any of the past has-beens please.

I'm a bit confused by this.

I'm a Thistle fan so I go and watch Thistle.

I'd never, ever go and watch another league team week in, week out, even if I could play bertie big baws and do a cringe worthy job on the match highlights.

Even if I did have a fall out with someone. Maybe they told him his commentary was embarassing????

I always thought Lianne overreacted when she chucked going to games because of the board, but at least that was a falling out with the board (if a little self important), and she didn't naff off and watch another team.

All very odd.

Well said. True fans don't throw the toys out the pram and abandon the club all together just because they fall out with another fan.

Show me some proof of where i was being negative please ? The last forum closed because of folk like you who tried to take over it and tell people who was and was not allowed to post and what they were allowed to say. Pretty much like you just did there. There is no need to moderate my posts as the guys commentary was gash and he is a stenny fan so good riddance to him. We need a proffesional run club so no invites to any of the past has-beens please.

You're a big angry bulldozer aren't you. Perhaps you could try a post that doesn't denounce people as eejits or denounce their work as baws. I'm not saying your opinion isn't valid and that you can't express it, I just take issue with the way you express it.

Goodness guys. Just chuck it and pull together as Partick Thistle supporters should be doing.

Back to the thread and celebrate the beginning of a new era.

Think on how each and everyone of us can contribute to the future of the Club wiyhout the point scoring squabbles. B)

eh celebrate what exactly? 3 directors leave doesnt sound like much of anything to me :thinking:

I wish all fans of Our Club had done as much fund raising etc for the Jags as this Stenny fan did.