Just In

1 John Lambie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Apart from that, that team was done after the hour mark. How many coaches do we have? We still can't put a team on the park that can last 90 minutes. We hear a lot about youngsters, but get just the occasional glimpse of them. Otherwise, it's up to yesterday's men, only the old pros can't cut it in the First Division.

Dunfermline Athletic looked stronger and fitter, and they won almost every aerial ball where Willy Kinniburgh wasn't contesting for it. They broke faster - and our defence is so slow that Doolan can backtrack quicker than Paddy Boyle, for example. The most likely to score looked to be Flannigan.

This is a dishevelled, disheartened mess. McCall has to sort it out or go.

Can't wait to hear the apologists come onto defend McCall (again). We're stuck with him, the fans have taken so much rubbish down the years theres little enthusiasm to cough up the effort to call for his head. ****** turgid stuff and we were well beaten by a team who were ******' garbage. Whats this also about Cowan flicking the bird at some fans?

Edited by MWM

Same shit different day.

The lack of effort and commitment was criminal, we never looked like scoring at all. Lets face it, unless McCall walks, we are stuck with him and thats the cold hard truth. But at this rate we will be in the 2nd Division nexts season, and thats in no way an exaggeration!

Speaking to one of my Pars' mates he says Cardle and Gibson are major doubts after their midweek game and that David Graham is out for them. Really big chance to take some points here.

The formation today was crazy. Buchanan on the right, Doolan on the left & Donnelly (who looked like he'd rather be at home watchin Jeff & the boys) in the middle. It was like the formation we used against Rangers, only 100% pisher.

Get McNamara out the defence as well, we don't need him in there, waste of a decent player. Stick him in midfield, try & get some dig in there. Go with a back 4, preferably without Paton, my patience is wearing thin. The opposition players & fans must piss themselves with laughter every time he gets the ball. So, the back 4. McGeough, Robertson, Balatoni, Boyle. In midfield; Flannigan, Rowson, McNamara, MacBeth. Up front; Doolan & Grehan.

Something has to change, it's not going to be the manager, so it has to be the formation & starting 11.

I wish I could go into that dressing room & bang some of their heads together, at least show some passion. I had an idea walking out the ground, next week, you only get paid if you win. We'd see some f****** passion then!

Sid up front and two failed centre forwards outwide :thinking::thumbdown:

Thanks Jags, another ruined sat. evening.

that was dross today, no fight, no idea, no effort[Jackie excepted]

Plays Sid at centre forward-why?

Go 2-0 down, does he change it ??

RELEGATION IS BECOMING MORE OF A CERTAINTY EACH WEEK.

Don't know if I want to keep going to matches- and that's after 42 years as a Jagsman.

Think this is the worst I've felt.

3 lapsed mates were with me today....oh dear, they wont be forking out £17 to watch that in a hurry. Worrying signs. Brilliant day, holiday weekend, Cowan, Hughes and Prentice gone, top of the table visiting......crowd just over 2100!!!! Right now I would settle for a play off spot

The formation today was crazy. Buchanan on the right, Doolan on the left & Donnelly (who looked like he'd rather be at home watchin Jeff & the boys) in the middle. It was like the formation we used against Rangers, only 100% pisher.

Get McNamara out the defence as well, we don't need him in there, waste of a decent player. Stick him in midfield, try & get some dig in there. Go with a back 4, preferably without Paton, my patience is wearing thin. The opposition players & fans must piss themselves with laughter every time he gets the ball. So, the back 4. McGeough, Robertson, Balatoni, Boyle. In midfield; Flannigan, Rowson, McNamara, MacBeth. Up front; Doolan & Grehan.

Something has to change, it's not going to be the manager, so it has to be the formation & starting 11.

I wish I could go into that dressing room & bang some of their heads together, at least show some passion. I had an idea walking out the ground, next week, you only get paid if you win. We'd see some f****** passion then!

God, that teams makes me cringe even more than todays line-up.

For me, McCall has lost the dressing room. I have been a supported of him till recently however its time to go

3 lapsed mates were with me today....oh dear, they wont be forking out £17 to watch that in a hurry. Worrying signs. Brilliant day, holiday weekend, Cowan, Hughes and Prentice gone, top of the table visiting......crowd just over 2100!!!! Right now I would settle for a play off spot

That's bad, Dunfermline looked like they had a reasonable support through today so we must have lost a few folk after the Stirling game and probably even more after another limp performance.

Dire.

Donnelly poor, Rowson off his game while on, Doolan wasted on the left, Buchanan just too slow on and off the ball, Flannigan average, McNamara wasted in defence, Kinniburgh and Robbo not great, Boyle had a poor game compared with recently, Paton not great and Halliwell okay and couldn't do much about either goal.

First goal came about 10 seconds after a blatant hand-ball by a Dunfermline player but the goal was a very good one. 2nd looked like Paton and Kinniburgh got caught out of position and Dunfermline pounced on the rebound with a player RUNNING ONTO THE FREE BALL IN THE BOX. Take heed Thistle.

Completely the wrong system played by McCall today. Dunfermline's danger was in their ability to move it quickly in the midfield out to the wings. We failed to recognise that, and having a midfield 3, one of which was Donnelly, was just asking to backfire. What we needed was a bog-standard 4-4-2, which would have made the game much stuffier and denied Dunfermline the acres of space they had.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

Official attendance 2188 which means we probably had around 1500....things are serious and the board either need to give him some money to bring in a couple of loans (strikers) or we are almost certainly going down or raise the money to get rid of him

Edited by Lindau

With the entire club rudderless and penniless, I hoped for an attacking line up today. It came and appeared to offer some promising signs early on with us actually getting players in front of the ball and into the box. Soon later...

Paton was giving the ball away and pannicking in possession

McNamara tried to do too much in defence

Kinniburgh started to become more interested in trying to foul the opposition than play football

Rowson's game completely fell apart

Donnelly started moaning and holding his head in hands

and Doolan, Erskine and Boyle just kept running into folk

The complete lack of belief and spirit is there for all to see. I actually think we matched them for 70 minutes after which time we didn't even attempt to close down anyone. NOT EVEN THEIR KEEPER.

We need at least 3 new players and Archie back fast or a completely new manager. We need £250,000 from somewhere right now.

We've already seen three clowns quit the club this week. Time, if he has any shred of dignity left, for a fourth to go.

The team had no drive, no impetus and after the first goal went in, no shape. Seriously - can anyone tell me what formation we were playing in the second half? It seemed to be some-some-blah.

There was no imagination about the team. Same ball from Paton every time - and once Dunfermline worked that out, he wasn't getting a sniff. Rowson's distribution was poor, and Kinniburgh's positional sense and tackling were absent. Donnelly provided one or two neat touches but little else. Flannigan's delivery was good but there was no physical presence in the box to get on the end of it.

By the time the second goal was in, we might as well have given up. Where was the impact player coming off the bench to try and turn things about? Hodge? What promise he showed when he arrived is now long gone. Erskine doesn't look like a footballer, let alone someone who can turn a game.

It was summed up for me by some lad a couple of rows behind, as Thistle were lining up a free kick, shouting 'Halliwell, are you ready for this?". Every breakaway we got caught flatfooted.

The team is stale. It needs not only freshening up, but ripping up and starting again. On recent performances, it's hard to make a case for keeping anyone in today's starting XI on the payroll.

And yes, McCall's hands may have been tied in the transfer market but he brought half these players in - so he must have seen something in them. Buck stops with him. If this is the start of a bright new dawn off the field for Thistle, it's got to be replicated on the field - and that means starting from scratch.

That's relegation stuff. No fight, no anything.

There was praise last week from many, there will be none this week, for the players or manager. Doolan was ok, ran his heart out, but putting him on the left wing? Just NO!

Has McCall lost the dressing room?

If it's any consolation, it looks like we might sneak into the play-off spot with Dundee below us...

And yes, McCall's hands may have been tied in the transfer market but he brought half these players in - so he must have seen something in them. Buck stops with him. If this is the start of a bright new dawn off the field for Thistle, it's got to be replicated on the field - and that means starting from scratch.

And given them new contracts when most people on here could tell you they were rotten. Kinniburgh being the prime example...he is absolutely shyte. We could go and ask one one of the boys from the Boys Brigade to come in and do a better job,

On the bright side how funny was Paddy Boyle's attempted cross when it hit his standing foot. That was the highlight of the day for me...

Have never been totally in the McCall must go camp, but after that if he doesn't resign we simply can't afford not to change things & get rid.

Line up/formation was just bizarre, we were effectively playing 5-5-0. May as well have stuck a strip on a golf bag and put it up front, would have been more effective than Sid, with Doolan & Buchanan wasted on the wings. Pass marks to Flannigan & McNamara, that's it. Paddy Boyle was absolutely brutal, although his fresh air swipe was comedy gold.

McCall said after our horsing at Raith he'd go back to basics, making us hard to beat. 5 defeats out of 6 in the league since then Ian, with your tinkering and random selections/formations more than playing their part. Get a solid spine to the team - Robbo & Kinniburgh/Archie in the middle, Jaggy Mac holding in midfield, with Flannigan/Rowson/Cairney (where is Cairney?)around hime and our 2 best strikers - like it or not, thats Doolan & Buchanan - up front. If you can't see that, then do us all a favour and do one.

PS regardless of the tight budget, too many squad members aren't up to it at this level. Erskin, Grehan, Boyle, Hodge.

Has McCall lost the dressing room?

Don't think thats the issue.

The bottom line is our players are not good enough.

We are ineffective in the final third. Buchanan is not good enough, neither is Doolan. We have a lack of pace and are devoid of ideas at times.

Look at the Dunfermline front players today, miles better than ours, Cardle on the wing, again we have nothing like that. They are not great but better than us. We are not competing with these teams, our players cannot compete in this division. We can pass the ball all day but if we can't create then we will continue to lose games.

Interseting quote from McCall in the After Match Reaction, 'not many options open to me', hinting that he can only piss with the c*ck he's got. Well if this situation is purely down to lack of money then we are f*cked. However, if he feels these players are good enough then he has to carry the can because they are clearly not.

Edited by cjptfc