Just In

1 John Lambie

Look, I like to think myself as an optimist. So here is a great game that I play with my friend every week at the game to lighten the mood. You simply guess how many completed passes Hodge will make, and whoever gets the closest wins. Last week I counted 7passes/1completion, today it must have been about 6passes/2completions (and that's me counting his easy backwards passing.)

Is it just me or do the goals seem to be situated at the sidelines?...It just seems we do more sideways running and passing than forwards :blink: Maybe they just need to be pointed in the general direction of those two big poles with the big long pole running along the top...

Anyway in all seriousness it's just going from bad to worse, McCall is out of ideas. (Oh, and Bryn is the worst keeper since Colin Stewart, I would have saved the first goal today, head height, no where near the corner of the net and Halliwell was at least 4yards off his line.)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to hear the apologists come onto defend McCall (again). We're stuck with him, the fans have taken so much rubbish down the years theres little enthusiasm to cough up the effort to call for his head. ****** turgid stuff and we were well beaten by a team who were ******' garbage. Whats this also about Cowan flicking the bird at some fans?

Someone shouted "I hope your happy Cowan, this is your leagcy" and he responded by sticking the fingers up at the Thisle fans. I sit on the other side of the walkway from the hospitality and had a clear view at what he done. He wasn't welcome as a chairman and I hope he realises he isn't welcome as an ex-chairman. After today he could cause trouble by turning up........Thistle fan at heart as he is!!!

Apart from that no fight, no heart, no hope yet again today.

Edited by MarkyBoyFTOF

Pumping balls in towards the box for 90mins with that giant in goals summed it up for me. We either lump balls up high that our midgets are never gonna win or try to walk the ball into the net. This isn't a new thing, we've been doing it for seasons under McCall yet it appears that neither he or the team can see it and change it.

We lack any guile whatsoever in midfield and are playing without looking like every scoring more than one goal per game if that.

Starting to find it very hard to justify wasting my Saturday's enduring that turd.

Don't think thats the issue.

The bottom line is our players are not good enough.

We are ineffective in the final third. Buchanan is not good enough, neither is Doolan. We have a lack of pace and are devoid of ideas at times.

Look at the Dunfermline front players today, miles better than ours, Cardle on the wing, again we have nothing like that. They are not great but better than us. We are not competing with these teams, our players cannot compete in this division. We can pass the ball all day but if we can't create then we will continue to lose games.

Interseting quote from McCall in the After Match Reaction, 'not many options open to me', hinting that he can only piss with the c*ck he's got. Well if this situation is purely down to lack of money then we are f*cked. However, if he feels these players are good enough then he has to carry the can because they are clearly not.

Every option open to him is an option he brought to the club. To try and use that old chestnut shows signs of a man who's sadly ran out of ideas.

Someone shouted "I hope your happy Cowan, this is your leagcy" and he responded by sticking the fingers up at the Thisle fans. I sit on the other side of the walkway from the hospitality and had a clear view at what he done. He wasn't welcome as a chairman and I hope he realises he isn't welcome as an ex-chairman. After today he could cause trouble by turning up........Thistle fan at heart as he is!!!

His V sign to the fans prompted an angry reaction,to which he "said shut up and go away" before retreating to the safety of the hospitality. PLEASE GO AWAY MR.COWAN,AND STAY AWAY. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME.

Terrible. I can accept that some of them are not good enough but i cannot accept the lack of effort and fight in the team. I cant believe the formation we played today. Yet again we were dominated in the midfield. Even though it was probably a foul before the first goal, the lack of people closing down was awful. We hardly ever put them under pressure. They have just come off the back of a hammering and didnt play well today, which shows how bad we were. Flannigan was the only player who tried to create anything. We will need a huge performance to get something from ross county next week.

With the entire club rudderless and penniless, I hoped for an attacking line up today. It came and appeared to offer some promising signs early on with us actually getting players in front of the ball and into the box. Soon later...

Paton was giving the ball away and pannicking in possession

McNamara tried to do too much in defence

Kinniburgh started to become more interested in trying to foul the opposition than play football

Rowson's game completely fell apart

Donnelly started moaning and holding his head in hands

and Doolan, Erskine and Boyle just kept running into folk

The complete lack of belief and spirit is there for all to see. I actually think we matched them for 70 minutes after which time we didn't even attempt to close down anyone. NOT EVEN THEIR KEEPER.

We need at least 3 new players and Archie back fast or a completely new manager. We need £250,000 from somewhere right now.

Would replace a few more than 3 ! more likely to keep 3.

Absolute joke today. keep thinking it can't get any worse and then it does.

McCall omg the biggest dissapointment is that the clown hasn't resigned yet.

Archie the saviour ! not holding my breath on that one !

Absolutely disgraceful performance today. Worse than insipid. Not one of our players today looked interested in winning a football game.

MCCALL MUST GO NOW.

Enough is enough. He has run out of time to turn this around. Sack him now while we still have a chance of avoiding relegation.

Whoever is in charge of the club next week: it is a simple decision. Change the manager or face relegation.

We've already seen three clowns quit the club this week. Time, if he has any shred of dignity left, for a fourth to go.

Buck stops with him. If this is the start of a bright new dawn off the field for Thistle, it's got to be replicated on the field - and that means starting from scratch.

Does he have a shred of dignity though, or any feeling for our club?

If he does have a ounce of either, he would hand in his resignation and walk away without another penny from the club.

Or is he going to do a Clowan and hang on until we are near donald ducked and extinct, thanks to his "guidance" and "expertise"?

If it's any consolation, it looks like we might sneak into the play-off spot with Dundee below us...

As funny as the Dumbdee results and off-field goings-on are, I can't see them ending up below us as much as that would delight me.

His V sign to the fans prompted an angry reaction,to which he "said shut up and go away" before retreating to the safety of the hospitality. PLEASE GO AWAY MR.COWAN,AND STAY AWAY. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME.

I sincerely hope this is picked up by the Press and is splattered all over the newspapers.

What a vile, horrible, shameful excuse for a human being and (thankfully now) ex chairman AC is.

Edited by yoda-jag

I have been willing to give McCall a chance to sort it out, but now it's time for someone else to sort out this mess. McCall makes me think of an OF player happy to be on the bench every week, getting paid, happily doing fcuk all.

I'm almost convinced he's trying to piss us off, knowing that we can't actually afford to pay him off. I can't see any other explanation for his bizarre selections, substitutions and formations.

Erskine, Hodge and Kinniburgh should not be anywhere near the team - they are shocking. Balatoni should be playing instead of Kinniburgh, and whatever problem McCall has with Cairney has to get sorted quickly. What was up with Donnelly today? He actually gave up at one point and didn't bother going for a ball that he'd just lost - i've never seen him be anything but professional but today was an off day for him. Likewise, Boyle had an off day but I don't think it was any more than that - McCall had us beaten today with his team selection.

I stayed for the 90mins, but to be honest I gave up around half time. I couldn't see us ever scoring today, and it's not even that Dunfermline were that good either.

The crowd are definitely beginning to drop off - there were a fair ammount of Dunfermline fans and the BB boys must have added to the numbers, yet we only get 2188. Pretty poor.

To be honest I thought you guys controlled large spells in the first half and could have scored at a few opportunity's,Your right winger I thought was a danger throughout the game. I don't think the jags will be bottom come the end of the season though as you looked much more dangerous than teams like Dundee and Stirling.

Good Luck!

Once again we go a goal down,game over.why was our top scorer playing on the wing for the majority of the game?McCall says he dosnt have alot to work with.This is his team he either signed them or extended ther contracts,this mess is of your making McCall sort it out or get out of Firhill.There are at least 2 clubs with smaller budgets than us and they have beaten us over the last few weeks,even though we scored first.If we go down i dont think we will come back.

As your man Brutus once said, "There is a tide in the affairs of men.

Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life

Is bound in shallows and in miseries.

On such a full sea are we now afloat,

And we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures".

Unfortunately, loothe destination of our particular little voyage is the Second Division and quite possibly eventual extinction. Sorry to be so negative, but unless something totally unexpected happens I foresee no light at the end of a very dark tunnel. You can actually sense the despondency of the support. What makes the present situation so difficult to digest, is that as supporters of a so-called unfashionable football team we do not expect unmitigated success, but the last ten years with one or two brief interludes has been in the main bloody depressing!As a boy I saw Thistle semi-finals(one in pretty disgraceful fashion to a team that play in blue!), little did I realise that I would look back on these days as the halcyon day's.

Edited by stillresigned

To be honest I thought you guys controlled large spells in the first half and could have scored at a few opportunity's,Your right winger I thought was a danger throughout the game. I don't think the jags will be bottom come the end of the season though as you looked much more dangerous than teams like Dundee and Stirling.

Good Luck!

We look good until we get near the goals and then we are hopeless.I think most of the opposition know that they can let us have the ball because they know our moves break down or when we cross it into the box our midget forwards are easy meat.

It was a mate of mine who shouted it and Cowans response was shocking, all that was shouted was "there's your legacy Cowan" to which he gave the 2 fingered salute, the response came back "you f**k off tae, you wanted a leagacy, well here it is". Then this happened

Sorry but any symapthy I might have had for that man (of which there was very little anyway) has now gone.

Can't wait to hear the apologists come onto defend McCall (again). We're stuck with him, the fans have taken so much rubbish down the years theres little enthusiasm to cough up the effort to call for his head. ****** turgid stuff and we were well beaten by a team who were ******' garbage. Whats this also about Cowan flicking the bird at some fans?

Count me out of that group now, I was starting to turn last week but todays gutless performance has tipped me over the edge...something needs to change and I may just be getting to the opinion that its McCall. Can't believe he never noticed the tactics were not working, it was clear in the 1st half the set-up was all wrong. Dunfermline were 3 v 3 when attacking for large spells in the 1st half and it was clear they were exploiting the width. Paton am sick to the back teeth of you puntin the same aimless ball whenever you get over the half way line, and please please please try to beat a man outside and make for the bye line.

I've just about calmed down now. Seething when I left the ground. Gutless, clueless, spineless, aimless, useless.

Echo virtually all of the points made so far.

We are leaderless on the pitch - there is no-one urging players on or shouting at each other. Everyone seems to sh1t it when the ball comes to them. No-one seems to want the ball and move miles away from it thus making it impossible for the ball to reach them.

Reverting to punting the ball aimlessly forward (which has become more and more common over last 6 months or so)and giving away possession so easily.

No-one tackling, defenders backing off players running towards them, no-one hitting the goal line and firing in a killer ball. So slow in coming forward, passing ball side to side on so many occasions, not having a go and putting your foot right through it.

We are seriously fecked - Morton and Stirling each gained a point today. I know the gap's only 2 points but realistically, where are our points going to come from?

And Cowans actions today were disgusting - if any board member is reading this, please bar this ar5e from the ground as his actions today could have sparked some crowd trouble.

We have the ridiculous situation of a manager who thinks he is safe in his job regardless of how he performs because noone on the board is willing to stump up the cash to sack him. And why should he be given a full pay-off? If you do not perform to expectations in any other job then you are punted, simple as that.

MCCALL OUT NOW :angry:

Count me out of that group now, I was starting to turn last week but todays gutless performance has tipped me over the edge...something needs to change and I may just be getting to the opinion that its McCall. Can't believe he never noticed the tactics were not working, it was clear in the 1st half the set-up was all wrong. Dunfermline were 3 v 3 when attacking for large spells in the 1st half and it was clear they were exploiting the width. Paton am sick to the back teeth of you puntin the same aimless ball whenever you get over the half way line, and please please please try to beat a man outside and make for the bye line.

You know tve games up when a big optimist like yourself has even lost faith, Steven!