Accies v Thistle

Albert's Ghost

32 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

stevie lawless different class on saturday. playing football on the deck, movement on and off the ball

great signing  :thumbsup2:

Yes I agree. His partnership with McMillan is excellent. Mc’s runs are well timed either as a decoy or an overlapper. And wee Stevie’s delivery is regularly accurate.

However I am concerned at the lack of movement and support for them in and around the box.

6 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Yes I agree. His partnership with McMillan is excellent. Mc’s runs are well timed either as a decoy or an overlapper. And wee Stevie’s delivery is regularly accurate.

However I am concerned at the lack of movement and support for them in and around the box.

I agree with that.  We appear to be quite static, especially not picking up opposing players  

still say we need an aggressive ball wining midfield player

we have enough quality and depth in this squad to win this league

bit more confidence and composure when playing , and less hoof ball up the park

onwards and upwards  :thumbsup2:

2 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Wish we could get the Milne/Tiff partnership just as effective. Dependent on Tiffoney getting his full fitness back, methinks. I agree the middle of the attack has a bit to go. I do tho' think McKinnon is the one player who's movement and positioning is of decent quality. Turner on occasions likewise but not often enough for my liking. And of course the one player who's supposed to play off the striker, Smith, has been to be kind, ineffective. 

2 hours ago, topcat said:

But quiet a lot of the time the ball was not getting released quickly enough to Lawless and he had to deal with a few hospital balls. If he gets the ball to his feet earlier he could have been and even better threat

That's so true, and imo at least related to my earlier post re quality of distribution out of defence. Guys the size of Lawless, that type of player, shouldn't be scrambling about trying to win headers or deal with high bouncy balls.