Mitchell vs. Sneddon

Jaggernaut

I don’t recall many or any calling for Mitchell. 

Sneddon should have kept his place when he came back in as he didn’t really do much wrong against QP but in my opinion neither are good enough. Sneddon’s a decent shot stopper but doesn’t command his box.  Mitchell does neither

38 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I don’t recall many or any calling for Mitchell. 

Sneddon should have kept his place when he came back in as he didn’t really do much wrong against QP but in my opinion neither are good enough. Sneddon’s a decent shot stopper but doesn’t command his box.  Mitchell does neither

Think Sneddon showed last year he was a good keeper especially during his run of shut outs .

Sneddon's young enough to improve and fine as back up keeper at our level. Mitchell's got the experience but over 90% of that experience was acquired in lower leagues. We desperately need a better keeper (probably on loan) in January. And by that I don't mean some completely untried goalie from Rangers, Celtic, Hearts etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

LIB , is a defence not a collective thing ?

Certainly isn’t just now 

Fair point. My memory (not to be relied on) was Sneddon had a few not too worrying shaky moments. Apart from that he did everything fine. At no point tho' did he have that much to do. I thought the centrebacks deserved far more credit for that run of clean sheets. Put another way tho' I'd have Sneddon in for Mitchell, I doubt that will provide anything more than a marginal improvement.

Both of them are shit.

Sneddon is a classic example of the low self esteem that runs rife through Thistle fans. An undersized goalie, who can't kick the ball and makes loads of basic blunders. He made loads last year at the tailend - Accies at Firhill, Ayr at the end of the season, Inverness in the play-offs at home.  Yet hes lauded like some sort of hero. To be fair to the guy, its not his fault people make him to be something hes not. Spend more than a couple of years at Firhill and thats just about enough for legend status these days.