Inverness Match - 23rd December

Fawlty Towers

Only disappointment is that we only scored five. When we get it right, we are a pretty good side, well capable of winning this League...it's makes that awful spell all the more frustrating. Inverness have had even more injuries than us - they looked a disheartened team -I felt a bit sorry for them particularly as they were a Club who supported us in the relegation voting fiasco.

I've not been a big fan of Graham but that is the best I've seen him play...Milne, Turner & Bannigan were excellent too and good to see Fitzpatrick's improving form, Holt back and Mackenzie and Lyon getting a run out. The festive season, moving up the league and a convincing win - I guess only the most negative and miserable of Thistle fans would not enjoy that. 

It's a shame that Queens Park have made such a mess of the construction of their new stadium or the game could not be switched to Hampden - that would have been a New Year Glasgow Derby worth going to see.

Edited by Winter of '63

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I cannot comment on a game I didn't watch. I only saw the goals on here.

I was at the game and imo although ICT were very poor we did play some very good football and there was also 2 cleared of the line. If we play as we did last night it would take a very good team to beat us. The problem is doing it on a consistent basis. Hopefully we are over our bad spell, the next 3 league games will show us if we are back on the right track or not. 

• Like 1

The other test is to translate good home form into successful away form. Thus far our only "signature" away win was the first game against Dundee. Our other victories have been against the two stragglers. 

Some statement away wins against the other teams in the top 5 are essential. Queen's Park would be a good start.

By the way, the same top 5 bottom 5 split (though of course with different teams) as we had last season seems to be developing.

On 12/24/2022 at 5:55 PM, partickthedog said:

The other test is to translate good home form into successful away form. Thus far our only "signature" away win was the first game against Dundee. Our other victories have been against the two stragglers. 

Some statement away wins against the other teams in the top 5 are essential. Queen's Park would be a good start.

By the way, the same top 5 bottom 5 split (though of course with different teams) as we had last season seems to be developing.

Agree with your comments regarding away results.

Our inability to win away from home (against other top 5 clubs, excluding Dundee) may perhaps be a consequence of not having enough muscle,  ball winning and defensive qualities in our midfield.