23-24 Streaming Package?

ChiThistle

4 hours ago, ChiThistle said:

Can’t find anything about a TV streaming package for this season.  Is it still being offered?  Would figure I’d be able to purchase it by now.

Not an expert on such things, but it may be that the Viaplay arrangement for the League Cup does not allow this. Hopefully it will be OK for you for the league games. 

PS have only visited Chicago once when my flight home from New York was diverted due to Hurricane Sandy. Not even able to get out of the airport.

1 minute ago, partickthedog said:

Not an expert on such things, but it may be that the Viaplay arrangement for the League Cup does not allow this. Hopefully it will be OK for you for the league games. 

PS have only visited Chicago once when my flight home from New York was diverted due to Hurricane Sandy. Not even able to get out of the airport.

PPS. I presume that Hurricane Sandy was named after the forum poster.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Yeah, I was thinking specifically about the league.  Just a few weeks out and no option to purchase a streaming package.

Sorry to hear about your Chicago experience.  We once spent the night in New Orleans under military lockdown for a hurricane - kinda ruins the trip!  If you make it back this way I’ll buy you a pint.  👍

• Thanks 1

Update - On Wednesday I checked the tv.ptfc.co.uk website and noticed that the streaming for 23/24 was available for purchase at £100 (a monthly subscription for £15 was also available). I purchased the 23/24 package and although the order was confirmed as completed, the site did not acknowledge I have an active subscription. I thought it was just a delay so checked again the next day, but still does not acknowlege. No only that but the subsciption options for both 23/24 or the monthly had disappeared! I have emailed Thistle and of course have still not recieved a reply!

Edited by Very Bitter Jag
spelling

4 hours ago, Very Bitter Jag said:

Update - On Wednesday I checked the tv.ptfc.co.uk website and noticed that the streaming for 23/24 was available for purchase at £100 (a monthly subscription for £15 was also available). I purchased the 23/24 package and although the order was confirmed as completed, the site did not acknowledge I have an active subscription. I thought it was just a delay so checked again the next day, but still does not acknowlege. No only that but the subsciption options for both 23/24 or the monthly had disappeared! I have emailed Thistle and of course have still not recieved a reply!

I think they are having site mapping difficulties.  The subscription options are nowhere to be found after logging in.  But prior to that, they are visible.

After logging in, I’ve always had to refresh the shop page in order to have it recognise that I have a subscription.

3 minutes ago, ChiThistle said:

I think they are having site mapping difficulties.  The subscription options are nowhere to be found after logging in.  But prior to that, they are visible.

After logging in, I’ve always had to refresh the shop page in order to have it recognise that I have a subscription.

And the refresh didn’t work today.  Maybe the cup games aren’t part of the streaming package?  Was able to purchase the game a la carte and get to the video.

On 7/29/2023 at 9:54 AM, Very Bitter Jag said:

Received a email and am now all sorted with my annual subscription. Also said they had been working this week to resolve the issues from the last two games. 

They should seriously consider refunding payment for last night's disastrous stream. Continuous buffering for minutes on end. Screen completely frozen for one period of several minutes. No sound at all for most of the 2nd half..... which at least us spared us the ear-splitting horrors of one of the commentators coughing his guts up directly into the microphone every couple of minutes.

Didn't even get to see either of the RR goals because of the poor quality of the stream.

If you're thinking of trying it out, my advice right now would be DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

Until they get it sorted.

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

They should seriously consider refunding payment for last night's disastrous stream. Continuous buffering for minutes on end. Screen completely frozen for one period of several minutes. No sound at all for most of the 2nd half..... which at least us spared us the ear-splitting horrors of one of the commentators coughing his guts up directly into the microphone every couple of minutes.

Didn't even get to see either of the RR goals because of the poor quality of the stream.

If you're thinking of trying it out, my advice right now would be DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

You do understand we are fan owed now? At the start of the journey? I hope and am sure it will be sorted. FYI the programme was really good,just an a side. 👍 

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

It’s not something I’d consider asking for. As frustrating as it is. I’ve paid for 2x pay per view, yet my monthly subscription has continued despite having no streams available and having to pay for the above. Might be just me, but I see my subscription as a contribution to the club which hopefully helps us buy players and continue to operate competitively.
The streams,  as ropey as they are allow me to see all home games which otherwise I wouldn’t be able to see and follow my team. 

Im not sure how much we can afford to invest in making them better as I think when we had delayed full match replays some years ago we had 88 subscribers  and if I’m correct in saying pre-Covid they were stopped as deemed unsustainable. 

so maybe I’m stupid but as long as I can afford (and appreciate others may not be able to) I’ll continue to pay for a dodgy stream which keeps buffering and hope that the service improves 

garryc, No doubt I'll do the same as you! I've also been down the monthly-subscription-without-almost-any-home-games rabbit hole, but to be fair, it worked to my advantage at the end of last season, with all the play-off matches.

This season the club already has my season ticket (which I won't use, being about just as far away from Firhill as you can get on this planet), my Centenary Fund (never will I win it ) subscription, and now the live streaming "scam," for the full season! Seriously, I'm sure that they'll work to sort out the problems (last season it was pretty good), and that the sick presenter will either medicate appropriately or desist from duty to spare us from sharing his suffering (the game usually takes care of that).

A general question (well, three): I've noticed that each time you want to view a live stream you need to answer whether you're a home or an away fan. (There is no "neutral" option.) But why is that home or away information important? Does the away side get a proportion of the live stream takings for the match? Or is it just because it's one of those useless pieces of information that's easy to get online and that nobody will ever make use of?

19 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

garryc, No doubt I'll do the same as you! I've also been down the monthly-subscription-without-almost-any-home-games rabbit hole, but to be fair, it worked to my advantage at the end of last season, with all the play-off matches.

This season the club already has my season ticket (which I won't use, being about just as far away from Firhill as you can get on this planet), my Centenary Fund (never will I win it ) subscription, and now the live streaming "scam," for the full season! Seriously, I'm sure that they'll work to sort out the problems (last season it was pretty good), and that the sick presenter will either medicate appropriately or desist from duty to spare us from sharing his suffering (the game usually takes care of that).

A general question (well, three): I've noticed that each time you want to view a live stream you need to answer whether you're a home or an away fan. (There is no "neutral" option.) But why is that home or away information important? Does the away side get a proportion of the live stream takings for the match? Or is it just because it's one of those useless pieces of information that's easy to get online and that nobody will ever make use of?

That’s one of my pet peeves.  Not the question itself, but the fact that the platform simply can’t remember that I’m a home supporter - like I was the time before that.  And the time before that.

I would presume it’s just a nice metric to have for sales/marketing purposes.  I would want to look at home/away signup trends to figure out how to get more people on board.  Then put some effort into place to do that and see how the numbers move.

Whether that’s actually happened behind the scenes, I couldn’t tell you.

• Like 1