Queens Park Away

Lambies Lost Doo

2 hours ago, JeanieD said:

Today's results were - in my view - neither good nor bad for any aspirations we might have to get in the play-offs or if you prefer avoid relegation.

I would say that 2 of the results helped slightly. Airdrie would have gone above us and Ayr would have gone level with wins.  Raith winning took them 2 wins ahead of us instead of just 1 had they drawn.

2 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Nobody wants to see us just rebuilding, but I think most fans have pragmatism about challenging Dundee United for the title. It's been laid bare over the last week in particular that we are simply not good enough to finish first. The question is even if we make the play offs, can we improve enough to make our way through them ( not looking good at the moment but who knows in 7 months time )  I don't think we are deliberately trying to sign mediocre players.... ( agree we have )  and it's not clear at all that Mitchell is better than sneddon. 

Unfortunately because of the length of service by Sneddon people are sometimes not keen to criticise.  In the 6 years he has been here has he really improved.  The same blunders keep happening 
If Sneddon was only here 2 years like Mitchell I think there more would agree Mitchell is a better Keeper 

I have always liked Sneddon and praised him in seasons gone by as thought he was a fantastic shop stopper and saw him make some great saves.  Throw in his youth and thought he was a keeper (pardon the pun) for many years to come.

Now we are at a stage where imo he has become a frustrating player mainly given the reasons listed by others.  He does not command his area and distribution and time to do so is so detrimental to team and flow of play.  Yes do this by all means ala Cerny when winning but not when losing/drawing.  What is more worrying is that all the varying posters on here can see this yet it does not appear to be getting coached out of him and by coached i mean a simple ‘gonna no do that’ in his ear or shout from dug out.

Our lack of urgency, pressing and imo fitness levels this season plus signings Alston, Mcdonald etc are real alarm bells and at present all the talk of play offs is going to be wishful thinking unless of course we are talking about relegation play offs.

One of the main reasons Sneddon hasn't improved can be summed up by one simple question: what the hell does Kenny Arthur know about being a good goalkeeper? That's more jobs for the boys pish right there. Paul Gallacher was a great coach and even better player. Funnily enough, under his direction, Scott Fox played some of the best football of his entire career. 

I wouldn't class this season as a rebuild. A rebuild insinuates that a core or spine already exists, and it's a case of trying to add and figure out what works. This season's recruitment has been a hodgepodge of English League 2 and permanently injured pish! Very similar to Archibald's time. Take a punt on whatever rubbish an agent is trying to offload. There seems to be no coherent direction or strategy that underpins what we are building for long term. As a result we have an unbelievably unbalanced squad in terms of depth and style. 

Similar to Archibald, Doolan is still almost completely dependent on signings made by the previous manager (Graham, Lawless, McMillan, Milne). However, just like almost every manager other than Caldwell, he is still overly loyal to certain player(s) who are well and truly past their best 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 4

All the post QP updates are in place on your Archive, including match highlights for the 82nd match-in-a-row, keep it in mind...

:detective:  A RARE DRAW

● The personal best run of 43-not-out for the injured Aidan Fitzpatrick comes to an end, and he misses out for the first time since December 2023.
● It's now 4/4 regular play pens for Steven Lawless who maintains his 100% record from the spot.
Tomi Adeloye, who scored just 16 seconds after the resumption of play following his entry onto the pitch at Ayr last month, adds another quick-fire accolade with Thistle's equaliser in 58 minutes. It was he who took the centre following QP's second, and just 10 seconds later he had the ball in the net!
● In competitive action, referee Chris Graham has taken charge of 3 Thistle games and awarded 4 penalties!
● Incredibly, Thistle and Queen's Park draw in competive action for the first time in over 43 years!
● 21-year-old James Lyon becomes just the third Jag in history to play at Hampden on his birthday. He follows on from 27-year-old Davie Mathers (25 October 1958) and 23-year-old John Torbet (25 September 1926). James is the first to do so and remain unbeaten!

ongoing sequences:
● 35 consecutive competitive appearances for Steven Lawless, 18th Feb 2023 to date. (Longest run since: Aidan Fitzpatrick - 43 games, 3rd Dec 2022 to 21st Oct 2023. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

2 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

One of the main reasons Sneddon hasn't improved can be summed up by one simple question: what the hell does Kenny Arthur know about being a good goalkeeper? That's more jobs for the boys pish right there. Paul Gallacher was a great coach and even better player. Funnily enough, under his direction, Scott Fox played some of the best football of his entire career. 

I wouldn't class this season as a rebuild. A rebuild insinuates that a core or spine already exists, and it's a case of trying to add and figure out what works. This season's recruitment has been a hodgepodge of English League 2 and permanently injured pish! Very similar to Archibald's time. Take a punt on whatever rubbish an agent is trying to offload. There seems to be no coherent direction or strategy that underpins what we are building for long term. As a result we have an unbelievably unbalanced squad in terms of depth and style. 

Similar to Archibald, Doolan is still almost completely dependent on signings made by the previous manager (Graham, Lawless, McMillan, Milne). However, just like almost every manager other than Caldwell, he is still overly loyal to certain player(s) who are well and truly past their best 

So what would you do differently, given the known financial position and remember what transpired a mere few months ago? Doolan has had one transfer window and clearly his options were limited. If they weren't we would have held on to the four key players who left! I'd agree with you that the team are not living up to the pre season expectations, but that's football. I'm not sure it is a factor but I suspect what happened in the play offs continues to have a mental impact on those players that remain. They are human after all.... Hopefully if we go on a strong run that confidence and performance level may return. There remains a long long way to go.