Just In

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I sat through 93 minutes of pish to see Doolans belter.

Didn't think we were going to gat anything today so was pleased with the result and with 3 youngsters on the park as well. :thumbsup2: Still a lot of work to do over the close season with regards to finishing etc but glad it finished on a high.

:)

Tuffey made 3 good stops, all of which were forced by defensive hesitancy, here's hoping Maxwell will be offski.

Thought Rowson or MacBeth would have been worth the MotM award, Erskine was decent without causin any real problems for Queens.

Grehan looks like a good signing though, it's a pity that others rarely seemed to pick up on his flick ons or chest downs.

As for Doolan's goal, talk about saving the best 'till last!

Tuffey made 3 good stops, all of which were forced by defensive hesitancy, here's hoping Maxwell will be offski.

Thought Rowson or MacBeth would have been worth the MotM award, Erskine was decent without causin any real problems for Queens.

Grehan looks like a good signing though, it's a pity that others rarely seemed to pick up on his flick ons or chest downs.

As for Doolan's goal, talk about saving the best 'till last!

:thumbsup2:

Firhill for Thrills :thumbsup2:

What a way to end a season, last kick of the ball! It truely has to be one of the best Jags goals of the season, and proves Doolan still has something in the locker.

Just a real shame that goal didnt spark promotion celibrations like we'd all hoped at the start of the season.

The back line with the exception of Robertson still looks shakey, Maxwell has been a decent signing but its time to call it a day. If fatboy Holmes had been a tad faster he would have tormented Maxwell all day.

Once again we passed up 3 or 4 great chances to score, Grehan and Burns were the pick of the bunch. But we got the touch of quailty that has been lacking at the end of the day.

Great way to end an abysmal season :thumbsup2:

GOOD LUCK TUFFEY! :)

I'd like to thank Kris Doolan for reminding me why I sit through so much dross at times, it really helps you appreciate the finer aspects of the game much more. There were the usual negatives from that game (defending/finishing) but there were also some positives, mainley McBeth having a reasonably good game for me, but I really hope we can draw a line under this season, make the changes that need to be made and freshen things up during the summer. Jags induced good moods have been extremely scarce recently so I'm going to savour this one tonight. I hope the rest of you do too :cheers:

I actually enjoyed that game. For an end of season fixture both teams showed a commendable desire to win. Not a great game but chances at both ends. Great goal from Doolan who looked really sharp while on. MacBeth looks a confident, composed player. Can see him featuring reguarly next season.

I'd like to thank Kris Doolan for reminding me why I sit through so much dross at times, it really helps you appreciate the finer aspects of the game much more. There were the usual negatives from that game (defending/finishing) but there were also some positives, mainley McBeth having a reasonably good game for me, but I really hope we can draw a line under this season, make the changes that need to be made and freshen things up during the summer. Jags induced good moods have been extremely scarce recently so I'm going to savour this one tonight. I hope the rest of you do too :cheers:

Amen! :thumbsup2: Lets just look forward to next season and get right behind the team!

Well I've sat through a whole lot worse this season, so not unhappy with the performance and delighted with the win.

Also it was the first time I took my son today (he is 3 next week), so the win made it a good day. :thumbsup2:

During the game he declared that he wanted a thistle hat - so £16 for a hat and scarf at the end of the game. Worth every penny as he was coming up Firhill St with his hat on and a huge smile.

McBeth and Rowson looked fairly strong together, Conroy was fairly solid. Probably the last time we see a few on the park today in Thistle colours.

Felt it could have gone either way today to be honest, we had some decent chances and Queens weren't far away either.

MacBeth was good today, one of our best players has good vision and likes to drive on as well, similar to Cairney.

Kris Doolan - Thank you, I haven't seen us score since the Ross County game at the end of february and then BOOM! :D

A few half chances for either side but it was another painfully boring game for the most part. Doolan's goal was an absolute belter though and was a great way to end what has been a pants season.

Hodge did his best to show why he should be let go in the summer, he isn't one of the many duds under contract is he? We need a new young centre back as well even if Kinningburger does make it back.

One thing I do think is that some of these youngsters just might be good enough which is excellent news attacking wise. MacBeth looked decent, Doolan and Grehan both have a bit of height (comparitively speaking) and are not too lightweight and I honestly think that could be a decent pairing. Burns looks dangerous and knows where he ought to be on the park which is impressive for someone so young and inexperienced, hopefully we can get him in the weights room and he has a growth spurt and we could have a player on our hands. Buchanan will hopefully improve as well.

I thought Erskine offered something different, by the very nature of what he does it wont always come off and it can be frustrating, he made a mess of rounding the keeper but he also did some dangerous things.

I think its time for Sid to leave now, I'm not someone that has ever been against him but I don't think he works in our team, he should have been effective today behind the strikers but he wasn't.

I can feel my glass filling up with optimism already, roll on next season.

Feckin belter of a strike, was out ma seat in antisipation soon as it left his foot, brilliant end to a bad season.

Didn't think QOS were very good today, looked quite shaky for most of it and only looked connected near the end of the game, was disappointed we didn't take better advantage of their shakyness.

Thought both teams tried to play a bit of football at times though, and we showed signs of actually knowing how football can and should be played.

Brilliant goal, our goal of the season I'd say. MacBeth looked good today, very creative and worked hard. Erskine was good at times but he needs to be more selfish and shoot/run with the ball rather than pass it. Hodge was very poor, Donnelly was ineffectual and Maxwell was Maxwell. I can see Hodge being told to find a newd club and the other two retiring.

At the Centenary Fund Meet the Manager night McCall said that next season was going to be a big one for Hodge in determining what level he would have a career at, therefore I assume he will be here next season (he is under contract as well). He also said that he wanted Donnelly to stay and that Maxwell might be in with a shout of becoming assistant manager (he would still be registered as a player but only play in emergencies).

Typical Thistle. Spend 4 months missing chance after chance, and continued to do so today, then with the last kick of the season score an absolute cracker! Reminded me why I love this club.

Very promising full debut from MacBeth and although he only got 10 minutes McGeough showed a bit of promise too. Fingers crossed they, and Burns, can make the breakthrough next season.

Rowson man of the match for me today and easily player of the year.

Hodge can go. I said from day one, since we played Stirling Albion pre-season, that he is no good, and very little has changed my stance on that! His passes are poor, he doesnt find space and despite the odd goal this season, his finishing is generally poor.

But I guess thats it for another season, see you all back at Firhill in the summer

Very pleased for Doolan. I thought he was unlucky a few minutes beforehand when some quick footwork resulted in a blocked shot.

McBeth was easily my MoTM, although Tuffy had 2 or 3 great saves to keep us in the game.

I'm a bit surprised that folk thought Erskine played well. I'd have hooked him at half time, and he did nothing in the 2nd half to make me change my mind. Makes the simple stuff look agonisingly difficult, and the difficult stuff look contrary to the laws of nature. He just about set up a couple of good chances in spite of himself, but on balance, I thought he was a bit of a disappointment.

Very pleased for Doolan. I thought he was unlucky a few minutes beforehand when some quick footwork resulted in a blocked shot.

McBeth was easily my MoTM, although Tuffy had 2 or 3 great saves to keep us in the game.

I'm a bit surprised that folk thought Erskine played well. I'd have hooked him at half time, and he did nothing in the 2nd half to make me change my mind. Makes the simple stuff look agonisingly difficult, and the difficult stuff look contrary to the laws of nature. He just about set up a couple of good chances in spite of himself, but on balance, I thought he was a bit of a disappointment.

Agree. Considering it was the last game of the season I would have taken Donnelly and Erskine off and got Burns and Doolan on, shortly after half time. Other than that I enjoyed the game, seen a lot worse end of season matches.