Jags Myth No777 Finally Quashed

Lindau

In other words, he now feels international enough that he doesn't have to hide which side of the 'glasgow divide' he prefers incase he alienates support from the other side.

A scottish 'celebrity' trait that really gets on my tittys.

I don't see why he should, there are plenty of Scottish "Luvvies" and "Celebs" who go out of their way to profess their support of the Jungle Jims.

I don't see why he should, there are plenty of Scottish "Luvvies" and "Celebs" who go out of their way to profess their support of the Jungle Jims.

I don't see why he should either, I don't see why any of them should,which is why it gets on my tittys, but for all the 'luvvies' you describe there are twice as many and more who 'support' Morton/St Mirren/Aberdeen/Motherwell or whichever club is applicable to where they were brought up.

I don't see why he should either, I don't see why any of them should,which is why it gets on my tittys, but for all the 'luvvies' you describe there are twice as many and more who 'support' Morton/St Mirren/Aberdeen/Motherwell or whichever club is applicable to where they were brought up.

I can think of Lorraine Kelly who supports Dundee United despite being brought up in East Kilbride, however, I am not too aware of many others outwith the Old Firm! I do think that supporting the Jags is definitely the safe option for high profile West of Scotland celebs but eventually their true colours will be outed.

Every time I read about a celebrity Jags fan I ask myself if they've ever been seen at Firhill. Nine times out of 10 the answer is no. Carlyle, Coltrane, Connelly, that balloon Currie from Del Amitri ... anyone? :unsure:

Bobby Carlyle was at a game at Firhill a few years ago with his wife

Every time I read about a celebrity Jags fan I ask myself if they've ever been seen at Firhill. Nine times out of 10 the answer is no. Carlyle, Coltrane, Connelly, that balloon Currie from Del Amitri ... anyone? :unsure:

Having been brought up and gone to school only a short distance from Firhill i would imagine Bobby Carlyle probably has been at Firhill on a few of occasions, in saying that from what little i remember of him at school and shortly after leaving to my knowledge he didnt have a great interest in football

Having been brought up and gone to school only a short distance from Firhill i would imagine Bobby Carlyle probably has been at Firhill on a few of occasions, in saying that from what little i remember of him at school and shortly after leaving to my knowledge he didnt have a great interest in football

That's maybe why he's a H.un!!

Twice eh? Haud me back. :lol:

That's just where you're wrong. Carlyle's a regular at Firhill.

I don't think for a moment I'm especially observant, rather I tend to turn up at Firhill a wee bit earlier than most, but I've see Robert on numerous occasions.

Off the top of my head I saw him at the Berwick game dressed in drag selling 50/50 tickets. Was I the only one that spotted two Pee Tees at the Falkirk league cup tie? I know for certain for the Ayr game the man of many faces was in the director's box when just the two faces would've sufficed. Just who do you think was that aggressive wee polisman who cleared the Aitken Suite at 2.30 by cracking yon Magner's bottle on the counter?

The only "celeb" I remember seeing on the terracing was Craig Ferguson quite a few times in the eighties when he was Bing Hitler.Him and ,er ...Johnnie Beatie

I think Carlyle got the reputation as being a Thistle man on the basis of a sympathetic comments he made around the time of the Save The Jags campaign. I think there was a huge collective assumption made about where his affections lay based on this.

Was he not a guest of the Board at a game last season..might have been the Dundee Und game

I think Carlyle got the reputation as being a Thistle man on the basis of a sympathetic comments he made around the time of the Save The Jags campaign. I think there was a huge collective assumption made about where his affections lay based on this.

I remember he was interviewed after Carla's Song came out (in which he played a Celtic supporting bus driver), he was asked what team he supported and replied Thistle.