Dundee Fc

lady-isobel-barnett

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently so since McMenamin was released when these sources were saying he was staying earlier.

Oooooooooh..."evidently so".

I'm sure a few things will be picked up incorrectly, but everything else I've been fed has been true up to McMenamin, even the sacking of the kit man, which I failed to mention earlier.

Well, my source was wrong on at least one front. McMenamin's contract has been terminated, too.

:thinking: How much is left in the Jags Trust kitty? :blink:

:detective: Or perhaps, since the JT dipped its hand in it's pocket to fund the loan signing of BMMMH, the board could reciprocate and show the JT and the wider club support that "we are all in this together" and fund the signing of McMenamin for the rest of the season through their own means? (PDQ before any other club nips in and gets him). If league reorganisation is to happen at end of this season as strongly rumoured, we want look at getting ourselves as high up the league as possible, and such a gesture from a board member (or group of them) could lead to a better relationship between the boardroom and the support, increasing attendances, CF contributions and other financial input into the club - or at least they would put themselves in a stronger position to justificably call for our increased numerical and financial support, and not be ridiculed or rubbished for it.

Any sale of Harkins will trigger the 25% sell on clause, wonder what they will do to avoid paying this? Find it unlikely this money will be easy to get!

That's what I'm fearing. Can see Dundee doing almost anything to avoid paying us any decent cut of a Harkins fee.

Must be great to be the man in the know giving the scoop to us mere mortals :rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever adopted that attitude, Grant. Perhaps mine was a strong reaction to the validity of source being questioned, but you'll be able to empathise with those who type without thinking.

I can't legislate for your feelings of inadequacy, though.

Any sale of Harkins will trigger the 25% sell on clause, wonder what they will do to avoid paying this? Find it unlikely this money will be easy to get!

Ive no idea about the ins and outs of the situation but can they use being in administration as an excuse to avoid paying us 25%.

There was rumours that Inverness want to sign him now, again with the administraion situation i can see the waters being very murky and seriously wonder if we will end up getting nowt

Ive no idea about the ins and outs of the situation but can they use being in administration as an excuse to avoid paying us 25%.

There was rumours that Inverness want to sign him now, again with the administraion situation i can see the waters being very murky and seriously wonder if we will end up getting nowt

The only thing we can hope for is that the SFL take a dim view on them not honouring all football debts. They might be pressured into paying us (and Livi if they have a sell on fee for Griffiths) what we're owed by the threat of an even harsher punishment.

• Members

A club heading for relegation adrift at the bottom of the league could be advised to go into admin say in Feb/Mar. Any points reduction would be academic and they'd start the next season afresh. No punishment at all.

Use a cut off date then? If they go into administration before the end of the January transfer window, the points come off that season. If they go bust after the window, points deducted the following season?

<snip>

That's what I'm fearing. Can see Dundee doing almost anything to avoid paying us any decent cut of a Harkins fee.

How about this, a Club come in for Harkins offering £150k, Dundee say "How about taking [a youth, a low level or a shite player]for £150k and we'll throw Harkins in for free?"...can they get away with doing something like that?

Those who have lost their jobs:

Mickael Antoine-Curier, Eric Paton, Dominic Shimmin, Njazi Kuqi, Paul McHale, Scott Fox, Colin McMenamin, Charlie Grant and Brian Kerr, plus youth coach John Holt and kit-man Neil Cosgrove.

The futures of on-loan players Milan Misun, David Witteveen, Jamie Adams and Scott Findlay are unclear.

Smith must be staying as he is assistant

I don't think Smith was there to begin with. Was he not at Brechin?

As I read it if relatively hign earners (Griffiths & Harkins) are staying then logically extra players will be getting released to compensate. I can see the administrator's reasoning, and I suppose it could be beneficial to us (re Harkins sell on), but that's a nasty situation. I can imagine both Harkins & Griffiths may be hoping for a breach of contract get out.