Dundee Fc

lady-isobel-barnett

As I read it the administrator takes charge today but will need the day to assess which players, coaches and staff to axe. That means Chisholm & Dodds are likely to be taking Friday training with players, who like the manager and assistant, will have no idea if they'll still be in employment later the same day. Alternatively he may wait till Monday to dismiss employees, which would be almost as weird a situation.

Many of us will sometime in our life have suffered or will suffer something similar. I know the feeling and atmosphere only too well and it must be a surreal situation at Dens.

Much as I detest that club and rejoice in its failure it's not pleasant to see folk losing their jobs.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible position to be in, not knowing if you will have a job this time next week through no fault of your own.

I have no idea how Dundee directors can sleep at night knowing what they have done, just as Gretna, Motherwell, Livingston have done before.

Why do these people do it? And surely the SFL should bar them from having any similar position in football clubs ever again.

As I read it the administrator takes charge today but will need the day to assess which players, coaches and staff to axe. That means Chisholm & Dodds are likely to be taking Friday training with players, who like the manager and assistant, will have no idea if they'll still be in employment later the same day. Alternatively he may wait till Monday to dismiss employees, which would be almost as weird a situation.

Many of us will sometime in our life have suffered or will suffer something similar. I know the feeling and atmosphere only too well and it must be a surreal situation at Dens.

Much as I detest that club and rejoice in its failure it's not pleasant to see folk losing their jobs.

Jim Spence suggesting 20 players released tomorrow, a playing budget of 20000 per month and possibly bust within four weeks.

Dear Mr Administrator,

Following your announcement that 20 staff will be released from their employment with Dundee FC, please could you arrange for Alex Rae to be unveiled as the new caretaker manager, pending your anticipated date for closure of the club.

Yours gratefully in advance,

Mr Blackpool Jags

I have my dancing shoes ready :D

Me too. ; - )

Feel sorry for the people who will lose their jobs, but not their fans who stuck their heads in the sand during two periods of ridiculous overspending. If anything too, them going bust moves us up one place in the Scottish Football food chain.

Dear Mr Administrator,

Following your announcement that 20 staff will be released from their employment with Dundee FC, please could you arrange for Alex Rae to be unveiled as the new caretaker manager, pending your anticipated date for closure of the club.

Mr Blackpool Jags

Make that player-manager please. Seeing him get sent off at Firhill after scoring an equaliser was just about worth losing a goal for. Oh, the banter.

The people on here celebrating at the prospect at Dundee going bust are absolute morons who are an embarrassment to the club. How anyone can cream their pants at the thought of another club (a decent sized club with a proud history)going to the wall is beyond me. All the bitter anti-Dundee stuff on here makes me cringe. Maybe you should look at our finances first before acting so smug.

Edited by Tom Stronach

The people in charge of Dundee FC (I'm looking at Bob Brannan as much as Calum Melville here) have knowingly cheated the rest of the league in order to gain a competetive advantage for the last 2 seasons. Taking Thistle as one example, they have outbid us for players (Ritchie Hart & Pat Clarke), signed Harkins from us - weakening our team in the process and paid top money for other players e.g Griffiths.

During this time, thier supporters, rather than question the fact that they were spending way above their means (a 1st Div club like ourselves), have been lording it up.

Given that the exact same scenario happened under Peter & Jimmy Marr just a few short years ago, you would have thought that someone at some point would have thought to ask a few questions about the sustainability of the football club.

Dundee are rumoured to have debts of £2M despite them having virtually no assets outwith their playing staff and no overdraft facility with the bank.

They are cheats and they are getting the punishment they deserve. I don't want to see them liquidated, rather relegated to the lowest tier of Scottish football for long enough for them to learn a bit of humility.

Dear Mr Administrator,

Mr Blackpool Jags

Dear Mr Blackpool Jags,

I'm afraid it is unlikely that Mr Rae will be able to take up the post of caretaker manager. We approached him but the manager that usually takes care of him is on holiday and the caretaker manager that takes care of caretaker managers would not care to release Mr Rae from care during his anger management classes.

Sorry about that,

take care now

Asif I. Kerr

c/o Mr Administrator

Dear Mr Blackpool Jags,

I'm afraid it is unlikely that Mr Rae will be able to take up the post of caretaker manager. We approached him but the manager that usually takes care of him is on holiday and the caretaker manager that takes care of caretaker managers would not care to release Mr Rae from care during his anger management classes.

Sorry about that,

take care now

Asif I. Kerr

c/o Mr Administrator

:lol::lol::lol:

Btw, many a true word...

The people on here celebrating at the prospect at Dundee going bust are absolute morons who are an embarrassment to the club. How anyone can cream their pants at the thought of another club (a decent sized club with a proud history)going to the wall is beyond me. All the bitter anti-Dundee stuff on here makes me cringe. Maybe you should look at our finances first before acting so smug.

Agreed. There may have been a fair bit of naivety on the part of some Dundee fans, but to be happy they might be going under on the basis of that is pathetic.

Me too. ; - )

Feel sorry for the people who will lose their jobs, but not their fans who stuck their heads in the sand during two periods of ridiculous overspending. If anything too, them going bust moves us up one place in the Scottish Football food chain.

Or one step closer to going out of business once banks see how easy it is to kill off football clubs

Let's not forget that we ran up debts we couldn't pay back. Paid off 30p to the pound and since then have constantly lived beyond our means.

Dundee going out of business is a little close to home for me.

Edited by Phoenix

Everyone's entitled to air their views on here being that most of us are actually Jags fans - not so sure about you Mr Stronach as you have a history on this forum of putting the boot into Thistle fans and their honest opinions - in addition to having a distinctly bent and one-sided FTOF profile footer. If you are looking for embarassment cases look no further than your good self.

I feel sorry for the Dundee non-playing staff with mortgages/rent to pay but they have been mismanaged from the top yet again and I'm hoping it rains soon so I can go out to both sing and dance in it.

Or one step closer to going out of business once banks see how easy it is to kill off football clubs

Let's not forget that we ran up debts we couldn't pay back. Paid off 30p to the pound and since then have constantly lived beyond our means.

Dundee going out of business is a little close to home for me.

Not constantly, but since going up to the SPL we have had a debt which has been unserviceable. Comparing us (either back then or now) to Dundee is not valid. We were in a financial mess and worked our way out of it, we suffered big time as a result but we battled bac. Between the STJ period and getting back into the top flight we were living within our means and were once (in)famously quoted as being 'the best run Club in Scotiish football', then we get back to the top and have to fork out money we didnt have in order to meet stadium requirements. That debt has since grown because it forced us to live beyond our means and interest couldn't be serviced.

Next thing, HMRC were not paid by Thistle and that's where the similarity between us and Dundee ends! We sold two of our best players in order to pay this money to HMRC, we savaged our playing budget and got rid of a lot of players because we had to rein in the finances, we sold 50% of half the stadium in order to service our debts. Our Club is in a state because of these things, our fans are dis-illusioned because the CLub is in such a state and all because the Club are working to get rid of the debt.

Now lets compare that to Dundee....See Grant B's post (no.13).

Edited by Steven H

Not constantly, but since going up to the SPL we have had a debt which has been unserviceable. Comparing us (either back then or now) to Dundee is not valid. We were in a financial mess and worked our way out of it, we suffered big time as a result but we battled bac. Between the STJ period and getting back into the top flight we were living within our means and were once (in)famously quoted as being 'the best run Club in Scotiish football', then we get back to the top and have to fork out money we didnt have in order to meet stadium requirements. That debt has since grown because it forced us to live beyond our means and interest couldn't be serviced.

Next thing, HMRC were not paid by Thistle and that's where the similarity between us and Dundee ends! We sold two of our best players in order to pay this money to HMRC, we savaged our playing budget and got rid of a lot of players because we had to rein in the finances, we sold 50% of half the stadium in order to service our debts. Our Club is in a state because of these things, our fans are dis-illusioned because the CLub is in such a state and all because the Club are working to get rid of the debt.

Now lets compare that to Dundee....See Grant B's post (no.13).

Lets not forget that we got ourselves into a mess firstly by building the JHS and secodly by trying to comply with the SPL's ludicrous entry requirements (the same ones that went right out the window when the SPL bent over backwards to accommodate Inverness)

Much as I've had a go at our BoD and former directors on here, they could never be compared to the people who have 'run' Dundee.

Melville, the owner of Dens Park, will determine the future of Dundee and I doubt that he will let the club go into liquidation. He is the main private creditor and has already lodged £200k with the club's lawyers to fund the administration process. By going into administration, the club can avoid paying the other creditors and redundancy payments.

Melville will probably form a new company to take over the club. He could sell shares to the fans and others who have pledged money. However, the BBC estimated his fortune at £120 million last year. He can also borrow against the value of Dens Park to raise cash for working capital for the rest of the season. He could then sell Dens Park and do a deal with United to share Tannadice.

His new company will also not have the burden of paying off Chisholm, Dodds and the unwanted players. A new manager and a bunch of free agents can be brought in. There are plenty of players with experience at our level, especially in England and Europe, who are looking for even a short-term deal. Even with a 10 point deduction, Dundee would only be 4 points behind Morton and 5 points behind us with three quarters of the season to go. They get crowds of around 4,500 - enough to pay for a decent squad when free of current debts.

Put your dancing shoes away. The Jags have seven figure debts, half a stadium, an ageing squad on low wages, crowds of less than 3,000 and no sugar Daddy to bail us out. Laughing at Dundee now is easy but, in reality, we are actually worse off.

Melville, the owner of Dens Park, will determine the future of Dundee and I doubt that he will let the club go into liquidation. He is the main private creditor and has already lodged £200k with the club's lawyers to fund the administration process. By going into administration, the club can avoid paying the other creditors and redundancy payments.

Melville will probably form a new company to take over the club. He could sell shares to the fans and others who have pledged money. However, the BBC estimated his fortune at £120 million last year. He can also borrow against the value of Dens Park to raise cash for working capital for the rest of the season. He could then sell Dens Park and do a deal with United to share Tannadice.

His new company will also not have the burden of paying off Chisholm, Dodds and the unwanted players. A new manager and a bunch of free agents can be brought in. There are plenty of players with experience at our level, especially in England and Europe, who are looking for even a short-term deal. Even with a 10 point deduBection, Dundee would only be 4 points behind Morton and 5 points behind us with three quarters of the season to go. They get crowds of around 4,500 - enough to pay for a decent squad when free of current debts.

Put your dancing shoes away. The Jags have seven figure debts, half a stadium, an ageing squad on low wages, crowds of less than 3,000 and no sugar Daddy to bail us out. Laughing at Dundee now is easy but, in reality, we are actually worse off.

Melville dosen't own Dens Park it's John Bennett