Dundee Fc

lady-isobel-barnett

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the SFL should get their finger out and put an end to this sorry saga before it becomes a farce - relegate them now!

Forget you not, that the SFL have previous for this, they have.

Remember Livi? Every man and their wookies could see what was going on, for nigh on a year when the saviour Madsonne turned out to be a Black Knight, and was putting the club deeper and deeper in debt with every passing month, and putting the future existence of the club at increasing danger through (to be diplomatic) financial incompetence. Yet it took dozens of non-payments, court cases, bizarre occurrences (like when electricity was cut off, the Mad One brought in a genny and tried to get games on and safety cerificates were refused), months and months of press and tv coverage, council shannigans and lots lots more, before the SFL did anything.

And even then they cocked it up, leaving their decision until just a few days before the start of the season (as up until then, extract their heads from their arses, they could not) when they had had a 3 month close season to act (having stuck their fingers in their ears and wore a blindfold for the season previous), and Livi inevitably appealed at being demoted days from start of season and threw the start of the season into chaos, with teams suddenly promoted (Airdrie and Cowdenbeath) having built their squads for lower league competition. And it took another month of fixture chaos, more appeals and uncertainty, before finally laid to bed, it was.

The SFL, throw the book at Dundee, they must. But expect it not any time soon.

(Edited upon rereading and seeing I had missed out a couple of words, thought I'd typed I had)

Edited by yoda-jag

Will, I think the major difference is what the money was spent on.

Ours was mainly stadium related, Dundee's was trying to buy success with money they didn't have. How can a club with zero overdraft facility and no assets (i.e. their Stadium) run up a debt of £2M in such a short space of time without anyone questioning what was going on?

If I was a Dundee fan, I'd want Bob Brannan's head on a stick.

The potential cases of Thistle and Dundee being in admin are entirely different as GrantB says. Both in terms of present and past financial difficulties and how and why each team got to such a point.

Dundee have cheated. Football. The League. The SFL. Their supporters. Other teams and their supporters. Guilty on all. They put everything on Black and it's come up Red.

They knowingly created an unlevel playing field (big name signings and transfer fee's and wages (for the time/level), expensive double act of Jism and Dudds) while ignoring their mounting debt and creditors. To do it once it careless. Learn one must from this. To do it twice, Book thrown at them, it must be.

The argument of the Thistle and Dundee situations is entirely incorrect imo. The Dundee situation is much more closer to and alike that of the Livi one.

Incidentally, I'd still like to see Allan Cowan and Tom Hughes heads on sticks.

30 points deduction this season (it has to be so much to make sure we don't end up bottom).

If they are still in administration at the end of the season then they get punted to the 3rd.

Don't want to see any club go bust but I don't have much time for Dundee or Dens Park so a few years in the wilderness for them would make me happy.

Exactly this (as no way can I see them exiting Admin within 7 months).

Also, if they go down, they would likely do a Livi, as their fanbase is big enough to fund a squad in lower leagues that would see them win the 3rd and then possibly the 2nd in consecutive seasons, so the supporters could see the success they crave, albeit at a lower level for a couple of years, and by then, financially they should be ok, and can the find their natural level.

Shimmin and Grant gone, too. Fox, Paton and McHale apparently following them.

Rumours that Griffiths, McMenamin, Higgins and Kerr are being retained.

In the link you posted to live updates, it said Griffiths was apparently seeking a free transfer as they were in breach of contract for not paying wages on time. Your soucres said anything on this?

Add Douglas, Harkins, McKeown and Benedictus to that.

Is that released/sacked, or retained? (confused, as stated which, you did not)

Edited by yoda-jag

In the link you posted to live updates, it said Griffiths was apparently seeking a free transfer as they were in breach of contract for not paying wages on time. Your soucres said anything on this?

The noises Griffiths is making behind the scenes don't matter. His fight to be release may be an ongoing battle, but he's a Dundee player as things stand.

Those they are keeping. Yoda interrupted my flow.

Apologies for putting you off your stroke.

Thanks for clarification. Learn from this you must young apprentice.

:rolleyes:

As well as a points deduction i think there should also be a ban on getting any new players in for a year at least,this would stop clubs being bought over and spending money on new players and giving them an unfair advantage over clubs who dont go into administration.

Agree with this in principle, but part of Dundee's problems is to cut their cloth accordingly, and that involves slashing their wages bill. They either get left with low waged players from their youth system or have to start looking at signing players on wages more comparable to that of Clyde, and getting rid of the ones who are on St Mirren or St Johnstone wages level. Bottom line is they have to live within their means, based on crowd income alone.

The noises Griffiths is making behind the scenes don't matter. His fight to be release may be an ongoing battle, but he's a Dundee player as things stand.

It's obvious Dundee wish to retain his registration until the January window (assuming they survive until then), so they can get a transfer fee, what's £30k or so in wages between now and January when they could possibly get a few hundred thousand if a bidding war starts (or if even only one club interested, they would still get £100k+).

Same goes for Harkins being retained if your sources are correct.

:thinking: So much for cutting their cloth though. :blink:

Edited by yoda-jag

What cost cutting? Looks like they want to keep all the high earners.

saleable assets

The club need cash, and it will cost them to get rid of Harkins, Griffiths etc, assets that they can sell in January. If the administrator was to get rid of them he would not be doing his job. He has to get rid of stuff that he can't get any money for and keep the stuff he can sell.

:thinking:

Anyone able to clarify what will happen to Fritzel's case?

It has been postponed to January (when firesale of retained players may occur coincidentally?).

Now that they are in Admin, does it mean he will now not get a penny? Or will he be subject to the 5p in the £ or whatever Dundee inflict on creditors, of whatever sum a tribunal says he should be due? Or will he still be entitled to the full amount he is seeking (rumoured to be in region of £150k allegedly) ?

Just trying to figure out how much deeper their debts could go, and how they will be able to fund it.

Also, on income from their gates, any word of whether Dundee season tickets will be null and void for rest of season?

saleable assets

The club need cash, and it will cost them to get rid of Harkins, Griffiths etc, assets that they can sell in January. If the administrator was to get rid of them he would not be doing his job. He has to get rid of stuff that he can't get any money for and keep the stuff he can sell.

I somehow doubt anyone will pay money for guys like Kerr or Higgins.