Just In ( V Falkirk)

Stoggy

Des McKeown was another that was roundly slaughtered before becoming a little bit of a hero for his dislocating shoulder antics!

Agree......but he's off my Christmas card list for the comments he has come away with as a 'pundit'

Also, so Pressley didn't like the way we played? stuff him, all that happened was that we played the same way every team that has come to Firhill in the past two years has played, starting with Ross County's glorious 0-0!

6 points from the next 2 games is on, all of a sudden I'm looking forward to saturday!

Edited by Ma Ba'

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, so Pressley didn't like the way we played? stuff him, all that happened was that we played the same way every team that has come to Firhill in the past two years has played, starting with Ross County's glorious 0-0!

Andd also the way Pressley happily and effectively played for Scotland under Walter Smith. Pressley and and Houston are total hypocrites!

Agree......but he's off my Christmas card list for the comments he has come away with as a 'pundit'

6 points from the next 2 games is on, all of a sudden I'm looking forward to saturday!

I've heard a few people say this, i however will be happy with a point against Stirling ( who are unbeaten at home) and a win at Firhill against Cowdenbeath the following week.

Pressley talking to Falkirk Herald on Thursday said...

However the club's strikers are in particularly good form with each scoring in at least one of the past four league matches and Pressley won't be complaining, or concerned, if his other players are jumping for joy or sliding in celebration at Firhill.

And while he's been taking notes from the international matches he's taken in over the past week, Pressley won't be following his old manager's lead and fielding a team without strikers - even if that lowers the chances of incurring another celebratory injury.

"I'm a supporter of Craig Levein, I worked under him at Hearts and we keep in contact. He's the man to take the national team forward.

"I think Craig's choice in following his own belief - even in the face of public opinion - of what system to use shows the strong character he is.

"He's a very detailed man, and you can be sure that decisions he makes - like the 4-6-0 formation - are made after scrutiny and

analysis of the opponents."

However, despite the Bairns' boss' warm words, fans heading for Firhill need not fear - the boss is going on the lookout for goals on Saturday.

"That's not a system I'm looking to employ at this moment," he told Heraldsport.

"I'd never say never though, and if it was the right choice of system to win a game, obviously I'd consider it.

"I'm early on in my managerial career though and I haven't encountered a situation where I've considered that system - but if it is the right one to do what is necessary for the team then you can't rule it out."

So what was he moaning about??? 4-6-0 is fine if it suits, but we didn't even go that negative,and he kicks up stink about our negativity??? He is a total balloon!!!!

I've heard a few people say this, i however will be happy with a point against Stirling ( who are unbeaten at home) and a win at Firhill against Cowdenbeath the following week.

Stirling were hammered 5-1 at home by Dunfermline in September.

We should certainly not fear going to Forthbank. We are more than capable of getting 6 points from our next 2 games.

Pressley talking to Falkirk Herald on Thursday said...

However the club's strikers are in particularly good form with each scoring in at least one of the past four league matches and Pressley won't be complaining, or concerned, if his other players are jumping for joy or sliding in celebration at Firhill.

And while he's been taking notes from the international matches he's taken in over the past week, Pressley won't be following his old manager's lead and fielding a team without strikers - even if that lowers the chances of incurring another celebratory injury.

"I'm a supporter of Craig Levein, I worked under him at Hearts and we keep in contact. He's the man to take the national team forward.

"I think Craig's choice in following his own belief - even in the face of public opinion - of what system to use shows the strong character he is.

"He's a very detailed man, and you can be sure that decisions he makes - like the 4-6-0 formation - are made after scrutiny and

analysis of the opponents."

However, despite the Bairns' boss' warm words, fans heading for Firhill need not fear - the boss is going on the lookout for goals on Saturday.

"That's not a system I'm looking to employ at this moment," he told Heraldsport.

"I'd never say never though, and if it was the right choice of system to win a game, obviously I'd consider it.

"I'm early on in my managerial career though and I haven't encountered a situation where I've considered that system - but if it is the right one to do what is necessary for the team then you can't rule it out."

So what was he moaning about??? 4-6-0 is fine if it suits, but we didn't even go that negative,and he kicks up stink about our negativity??? He is a total balloon!!!!

That just makes his quotes from Saturday make him to be an even bigger tit than I thought!

Stirling were hammered 5-1 at home by Dunfermline in September.

We should certainly not fear going to Forthbank. We are more than capable of getting 6 points from our next 2 games.

The last two trips I've had to Stirling (once cup can't remember the other one, maybe in the 2nd div?) they gave us a good game so I won't be taking this for granted though hopefully we can pay them back for the meeting at Firhill. Oh, and having the temerity to support Dundee.

Should've mentioned earlier that something else which enhanced the match day experience was noticing that the Strathy has had a wee refurbishment. This includes - drumroll - part frosted windows each containing a Thistle, about 12 inches in height.

Can any other 'Thistle pub' beat or even match this?

Good call. I know that football played at lower levels can be poor, but it looks even worse due to the tiny stadia or lack of fans.

Put Paton's goal in a packed 60,000 stadium and it looks 10 times better.

Imagine Zidane's Chumpion's League final goal at Hampden at Central Park instead, filmed with a diddy camera in front of 3 fans and a couple of big tractor tyres...