What's Happened To The Catering?

uberteeb

Where is the pie of the month?

What happened to the deal for a pie and bovril? Bit of a bump paying £3.50 or whatever it was.

I can't mind their names, Denise was the wife's name I think? Anyway, it was her and her hubby that done the catering and i'm led to believe they don't do it anymore.

Aye, it seems to have changed hands. When the papers were going on about the new chicken curry pie to be launched at the Scotland game and said it had been trialled at (amongst others) Firhill, I was surprised it hadn't been mentioned.

My pie yesterday was mingin! Yes, there was lots of 'meat' in it but it was only lukewarm and it was completely tasteless. I would've been better eating the match programme!

The catering at firhill has went right downhill too. the pie i got sold was all soggy and just flopped out my hand when i tried to like it. i then bought a 'steak' pie and it wasnt even a stake pie, just gravy in another floppy bit of pastry.

Same, it was way too liquidy - although mine had been heated in the centre of the sun and the first bite resulted in a squirt of eyesight destroying gamma ray gravy. I ended up kind of drinking it rather than eating it. That did nothing to soak up my pre match beverages.

I can't mind their names, Denise was the wife's name I think? Anyway, it was her and her hubby that done the catering and i'm led to believe they don't do it anymore.

Any idea who does?

I've noticed my pie is no better, no worse than last season. Costs 10p more and the service is no worse, no better than last season. Given the reduced demand thru our poorer crowds whoever's in charge of the catering concession should be quite pleased to offer up mediocrity. Sadly it's all we deserve.

Any idea who does?

Nope, was talking to someone who knows the last caterers and he was sure they weren't doing it anymore.

Incidentally, I had a mince pie, a steak pie and a bovril yesterday, all were suitable, purchased approx 2.40pm from the counter nearest the away end

• 2 weeks later...

Inexplicably, yesterday I went for a macaroni pie:

Tasty? Very.

Hot? Piping.

Consistency? Perfect.

Overall Score: 10/10

Really? I have been getting it for a few weeks now and it just gets worse and worse! Honestly, mine was just disgusting yesterday and they look awful too! As a vegetarian it's my only option really, going to pass on it at the next home game! They really need to bring back the cheese and onion pie that was magic!

Did anyone ever try the cheese and bean pie? Sounds not bad but the beans were always over cooked and it was just rank really and rather sickening!

Agree with someone else above, would be much better eating your programme this season than buying any food!!

Really? I have been getting it for a few weeks now and it just gets worse and worse! Honestly, mine was just disgusting yesterday and they look awful too! As a vegetarian it's my only option really, going to pass on it at the next home game! They really need to bring back the cheese and onion pie that was magic!

Did anyone ever try the cheese and bean pie? Sounds not bad but the beans were always over cooked and it was just rank really and rather sickening!

Agree with someone else above, would be much better eating your programme this season than buying any food!!

Interesting how tastes differ. I'm also veggie, and usually go for the cheese and onion pie as the only option (there were none yesterday), but I actually always find it to be a tasteless wad of stodge.

Maybe it was because I was starving yesterday (had no breakfast) the the macaroni pie seemed so good!

In general, I hope the new board will consider whether the club (and the punters) are getting the best out of matchday catering. Something that the Jags Trust could address, perhaps?

Review of the Firhill catering somewhere in this highly entertaining thread from Pie & Bovril.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/132023-a-season-of-pies/

Shocking stuff and something the board should be doing something about. Not that there were many there but Beath fans also complaining about broken, filthy, bird shit covered seats in the away stand. When you are paying £17 you should at least have a clean seat to sit on....get it sorted