Scottish Cup 3Rd Round

Pie Of The Month

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see everyone saying Beith away? Trust me you don't want that. They're fans are all a - holes n always want to fight the opposition. Pure yob place There wid defo be trouble if they drew a team like us. i've played there and i got hooked off a burd at half time coz i injured her boyfriend when i charged out my goal to tackle him. She just jumped on the pitch and hooked me as i ran towards the pavilion. They are pure idiots. anyway i'm terrified of anyone we could get

LOL that's the biggest load of nonsense ive read. I've been to watch Beith a few times in the last couple of seasons with my workmate who lives there..and the few that they have are all bran new and well behaved. There's NEVER been any trouble at their games except when their local rivals Kilbirnie come calling.

see everyone saying Beith away? Trust me you don't want that. They're fans are all a - holes n always want to fight the opposition. Pure yob place There wid defo be trouble if they drew a team like us. i've played there and i got hooked off a burd at half time coz i injured her boyfriend when i charged out my goal to tackle him. She just jumped on the pitch and hooked me as i ran towards the pavilion. They are pure idiots. anyway i'm terrified of anyone we could get

Haha. I've played there a good few times and never experienced any bother, no worse than anywhere else in Ayrshire.

Good story though!!

I'm not saying i'm worried about the yob element myself, i can go. it's for all the luvvies and students who support thistle who wid probs get a bashing. Might be good to go and see if that bloke still plays for them and is still wae his burd and i could go 'remember me from eight years ago? then burst her nose wae ma heid

Kick her baws!!!!

Genuine but probably naive question: how are crowds at these types of grounds regulated and limits drawn? From looking at the pictures a few seasons back at Banff, and other Highland League grounds, not to mention smaller clubs still, it seems that many of them are only partially enclosed at best. So, is paying in voluntary, and do the local polis know how to handle the relatively large hordes of Thistle fans when some of those wee teams probably struggle to attract gates of more than 30 for their bread and butter games? :unknw:

The Highland Legaue sides are all senior, and this requires them to be closed off and to regulate who enters. Also, the juniors sides who have to qualify to enter will be reasonably well set up. Bo'ness have a good wee ground and would have no difficulty in hosting any side, so long as the match was made all ticket and they didn't want to move for financial benefits - even the old firm or a bigger SPL side.

Girvan, on the other hand, aren't a premier league junior side and only qualify because of their historic 'senior' status. Their ground is not capable of dealing with more than a few hundred. Most, if not all, junior ground do have to have a capacity and will have to have a stadium licence of some sort, limiting the amount of people admitted. Have a look a Jamie Wire's 'Non-League Online'. That will give you an idea of what the various clubs left in could deal with.

The Highland Legaue sides are all senior, and this requires them to be closed off and to regulate who enters. Also, the juniors sides who have to qualify to enter will be reasonably well set up. Bo'ness have a good wee ground and would have no difficulty in hosting any side, so long as the match was made all ticket and they didn't want to move for financial benefits - even the old firm or a bigger SPL side.

Girvan, on the other hand, aren't a premier league junior side and only qualify because of their historic 'senior' status. Their ground is not capable of dealing with more than a few hundred. Most, if not all, junior ground do have to have a capacity and will have to have a stadium licence of some sort, limiting the amount of people admitted. Have a look a Jamie Wire's 'Non-League Online'. That will give you an idea of what the various clubs left in could deal with.

you'll find in junior football that from the top div down to the regional leagues trthey charge a fiver to get in and theres no police or stewards. u all just pay in the same gate and sit or stand where u want. but if we're playin there will be stewards and police and some sort of seg. They'll also bump up thr price or move the game to st. mirren

Many thanks both of you. :thumbsup2:

I'm not saying i'm worried about the yob element myself, i can go. it's for all the luvvies and students who support thistle who wid probs get a bashing. Might be good to go and see if that bloke still plays for them and is still wae his burd and i could go 'remember me from eight years ago? then burst her nose wae ma heid

:D:thumbsup2:

Thanks for the advice. If we do draw them away I'll have my chauffeur check them out beforehand.

Now you're being ridiculous. u've been to every single 1 of there games? how can u say theres ever been trouble then? i know what happened so i dont care whether u believe me or not but they wur all a bunch of wee scrotes drinkin bucky anand shoutin abuse. even worse when they came away from home. they are a disgrace to their club, about 20 of them. if the sjfa had came into the ground the club wid have got hammered for the open drink. its even more unnacceptable away fae home doin that

Sorry mate im not saying that what happened to you is nonsense...but the bit that all their fans are ********* and making out to other Thistle fans that it's a dodgy place to go is IMO ....UTTER NONSENSE.

Your right, that i have'nt been to everyone of their games, but my workmate does and i beleave him.

I'm with you Govan Jag.

Either Christ_Puncher is at the wind up or he's being a little blinkered. I followed the jags home and away through the 80s and 90s and witnessed a few unsavoury incidents. It happens in football.

In the last couple of years I've taken in a fair number of Beith matches and although there are a few clowns go to the games, there is not a bad atmosphere (except the Kilbirnie games). Generally the home and away fans stand together and yes, some of both sets of fans have a drink inside the ground, but this is normal in junior grounds and is not illegal. Beith away would not be an easy tie, so one for the jags to avoid in my opinion. But if that was the draw, I guarantee it would be a great day out, just ask the Glasgow Uni or Linlithgow fans. No need for full body armour.

I'm with you Govan Jag.

Either Christ_Puncher is at the wind up or he's being a little blinkered. I followed the jags home and away through the 80s and 90s and witnessed a few unsavoury incidents. It happens in football.

In the last couple of years I've taken in a fair number of Beith matches and although there are a few clowns go to the games, there is not a bad atmosphere (except the Kilbirnie games). Generally the home and away fans stand together and yes, some of both sets of fans have a drink inside the ground, but this is normal in junior grounds and is not illegal. Beith away would not be an easy tie, so one for the jags to avoid in my opinion. But if that was the draw, I guarantee it would be a great day out, just ask the Glasgow Uni or Linlithgow fans. No need for full body armour.

I'm from Beith - stayed my first 19 years there - not a great place but certainly not as bad as all that! I think it would be a cracking day out.

However...

Beith playing well and the pitch is one of the worst you'll ever see - quite the 'leveller'. I wouldn't be too confident!

We either need a home draw against 3rd Division or lower, or if we get an away draw it's got to be against someone that both is pish enough for us to beat and has a decent pitch that the game is playable on the 20th November (i.e. a midweek re-arranged fixture will be no use if we have to travel).

How our standards have fallen ...

I'm from Beith - stayed my first 19 years there - not a great place but certainly not as bad as all that! I think it would be a cracking day out.

However...

Beith playing well and the pitch is one of the worst you'll ever see - quite the 'leveller'. I wouldn't be too confident!

GPT, the pitch in Beith has had a lot of work done on it over the last couple of years and is actually a really good surface now. Still a bit of a slope, but not any worse than fir Park.

One problem with the non-league teams is a lack of floodlights, so only a Saturday afternoon unless they change venue for any replay or postponements

However...

The pitch is actually not bad mate. I watched a few of the under 19 games there last season.