Team For Tomorrow

Santana

Fox

Paton Balatoni Robertson Boyle Erskine

Flannigan McNamara Hardie

Doolan Grehan

Subs: Halliwell; Lochhead; Cairney, Bannigan; Buchanan.

Thoughts...

Erskine as left wing-back? No way

Fox

Paton

McGeough

Lochhead

Boyle

Flannigan

Hardie

Campbell

Bannigan

Doolan

Fraser

Subs

Shepherd

Balatoni

Cairney

Erskine

Buchanan

Erskine as left wing-back? No way

Fox

Paton

McGeough

Lochhead

Boyle

Flannigan

Hardie

Campbell

Bannigan

Doolan

Fraser

Subs

Shepherd

Balatoni

Cairney

Erskine

Buchanan

I admire your faith in the young players but if McCall put that line up out we'd get slaughtered. McGeough and Lockhead would be orthodox centre halfs at best and, given their inexperience, it would be a recipe for disaster. If we then got humped I would expect to see you at the front of the Get McCall Out brigade.

Fox

Paton Balatoni Robertson Boyle Erskine

Flannigan McNamara Hardie

Doolan Grehan

Subs: Halliwell; Lochhead; Cairney, Bannigan; Buchanan.

Thoughts...

I have a feeling he may go back to 4 4 2 tomorrow.

Halliwell

Paton, Balatoni, Robertson, Boyle

Flannigan, McNamara, Bannigan, Erskine

Hardie Doolan.

Subs: Fox, Cairney, Buchanan and 2 of the U19's.

I know most think or want Fox in ahead of Halliwell and I'm probably going to be proved wrong but I've a gut feeling he may stick with Bryn for this one.

I have a feeling he may go back to 4 4 2 tomorrow.

I agree, the post match comments suggested McCall may feel he got it wrong playing with such a defensive formation against teams in the relegation battle with us.

I'd like to hope we weren't going with 3 central defenders with both Archie and Kinniburgh out.

I admire your faith in the young players but if McCall put that line up out we'd get slaughtered. McGeough and Lockhead would be orthodox centre halfs at best and, given their inexperience, it would be a recipe for disaster. If we then got humped I would expect to see you at the front of the Get McCall Out brigade.

My faith in McCall evaporated last season. Of his 4 player coaches, only McNamara is a regular starter. The older players have had their chance and they are bottom of a poor league. Do you want another four goal humping?

The young players in my line-up are reportedly strong for their age and performing well in the reserves, better than several in our first team squad. We need their energy and desire to give us a chance of escaping another ignominious relegation.

Haven't read all the posts, but NO WAY do we need a sweeper AND a defensive midfielder tomorrow, every chance there going to come defend anyway & try & counter.

My team, 4-4-2:

.................Halliwell

..Paton.....Balatoni.....Robertson.....Boyle

Flannigan.....Hardie.....Bannigan.....Erskine

.............Buchanan.....Doolan

Subs:

Fox

McNamara

Lochhead

Cairney/Hodge

Grehan

If there's no chance of Fox staying, would be crazy to start him, with McCall then having to stick Halliwell back in only because we can't keep Fox, that's hardly going to make Halliwell play any better.

Whatever the team/formation is, Cairney shouldn't start, he was shocking last week.

I'd go wtih:

Fox

Paton Balatoni Robertson Boyle

Flannigan McNamara Bannigan Erskine

Hardie Doolan

Subs: Halliwell, Maxwell/Lochhead, Cairney/Campbell, Buchanan

But I suspect it will be:

Fox

Paton Balatoni Robertson Maxwell Boyle

Flannigan McNamara Bannigan/Cairney

Hardie Doolan

Subs: Halliwell, Lochhead, Bannigan/Cairney, Hodge/Campbell, Buchanan

Is he a great loss? Similar scenario to Donnelly, with fans saying that he is class, that the others around him aren't up to his standard, etc. But the bottom line is that he doesn't cause anything great to happen.

Very harsh is it not ! Been one of our better players this season imho !

Responsible for a lot of the goals we've lost this season unfortunately.

Shall we bin him then Willjag ?

I find it very hard other than our illustrious leader McCall to pin blame on anyone, even to any player in particular.

The team is not performing on a regular, let alone infrequent basis. As many have pointed out before , the keeper is the last defence ! He has been agreed cruelly exposed by our defence.

Yes Jackie Mac has not been at his best but apart from the odd player ..who has ?

Edited by Jaggy1967

My faith in McCall evaporated last season. Of his 4 player coaches, only McNamara is a regular starter. The older players have had their chance and they are bottom of a poor league. Do you want another four goal humping?

The young players in my line-up are reportedly strong for their age and performing well in the reserves, better than several in our first team squad. We need their energy and desire to give us a chance of escaping another ignominious relegation.

Obviously not as that was the point I was making anyway. Put out the team you suggest and we'd get a doin imo, and for one so anti-McCall (well managers generally) your logic here is baffling. Throw two young inexperienced guys (one a box to box midfielder from what Ive seen and another a full/wing back) in at centre half in front of an inexperienced goalie...for a team struggling at the bottom of the league? Does that not start all sorts of alarm bells ringing with you?

I agree it would be good to be able to field a team filled with young up and coming players but play them at the right time and in the right positions.

Given McCall's comments of not taking anyone lightly I reckon we'll stick with 3-5-2 with:

Fox

Conrad II, Jaggy, Boyle

Paton, Flannigan, Hardie, Bannigan, Erskine

Liam, Doolan

Subs - Halliwell, Maxi/Lochhead, Fraser, Hodge, The Greek

Edited as I'd left out Boyle! :blush:

Edited by jags365

My prediction is that McCall will ignore the youngsters and pick the usual suspects.

Fox/Halliwell

Paton, Robertson, McNamara, Maxwell, Boyle

Flannigan, Cairney, Erskine

Hardie, Doolan

Subs

Halliwell/Fox

Balatoni

Hodge

Buchanan

Grehan

He might even bring in Hodge for Cairney or Erskine.

Edited by kni

It looks like a 4-4-2.

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...m_v_cowdenbeath

Fox (as a trialist)

Paton, Balatoni, Robertson, Boyle

Flannigan, Cairney, Hardie, Erskine

Doolan, Buchanan

Subs

Halliwell, McGeough, Hodge, Bannigan, Grehan

McNamara appears to have been dropped! McCall did not say that he was injured in the preview.

I hope that McGeough and Bannigan get off the bench.

Edited by kni