Just In (Time For A Rant)

Tom Hosie

Neat to vent a bit of frustration before I get home to domestic bliss!

Not been this angry after a defeat for some time.

Not sio much that we lost to a poxy goal about 5 minutes from the end when the ball hit Adams when going nowhere. Just the whole attitude of Dundee.

There is no realisation that they have done anything wrong. Second administration in 7 years and they are holding up red cards before the game to show the SFL how they feel about the 25 point deduction which, jjust in case you didn't follow their arguement is "just plain wrong".

and what about the pre-match music?

"I get knocked down and then I get up again". Yes and then basically do exactly the same thing all over again.

Actually not much of a rant in the end. The cat will be pleased.

Apparently a statement from one of their supporters' groups has likened the SFL sanction to "attempted murder".

I'd be more concerned about the hit and run they did on the tax man, the GBH on their rivals' assembled squads and the boycott that's tantamount to blackmail if I were them.

I hope they get their points deduction increased to 840.

I want the poxy , tinky, cheating scum to go bust.

Beaten today by goals from a striker they can't afford and a guy on loan from another club (how can they afford to pay for that)???

I hate them.

Just say what you think Grant. There's no need to hold back, we're all mates here.

As people have said, lets hope the SFL increase the points penalty on appeal! If it's reduced to say 15pts, I think they'll stay up.

That really depends on what happens in the Jan window.

Hopefully the administrator will sell off as much of the players as he can, they will stay in admin and recieve a further penalty in March.

I really want to see them go to the wall. The only thing keeping them from going under is that Dens is worthless and no one would want the land.

Regardless of paying for him how do the players made redundant feel when the likes of Adams and Whiteenveen are staying at the club ?

They will be ****** in a few weeks anyway when Griffiths and Harkins will be sold and any other players they get offers on are sold as well.

****** hope so anyway , I hate them nearly as much as the OF

Dundee are fortunate they remain in the first division and with an outside chance of survival. The arrogance of some of their fans and the board last season has resulted in few people having much sympathy for their plight. I remember Dundee fans singing 'Dundee FC Champions' during the 2-0 defeat at Firhill last December and their board enquiring about signing Scott Robertson from Dundee Utd. The latter I believe was the board simply flaunting their apparatent wealth rather than looking to strenghten their squad.

However, I hope they remain in business as Scottish football is already on the slide without clubs of Dundees stature dissapearing.

Edited by kennypaton

Dundee are fortunate they remain in the first division and with an outside chance of survival. The arrogance of some of their fans and the board last season has resulted in few people having much sympathy for their plight. I remember Dundee fans singing 'Dundee FC Champions' during the 2-0 defeat at Firhill last December and their board enquiring about signing Scott Robertson from Dundee Utd. The latter I believe was the board simply flaunting their apparatent wealth rather than looking to strenghten their squad.

However, I hope they remain in business as Scottish football is already on the slide without clubs of Dundees stature dissapearing.

Agreed with your post until "Dundee's Stature" teams with the morals of this mob we can do without and can get tae feck..my thoughts are exactly the same on Gretna and Livvy..however it appears livvy are buying their way through the divisions yet again...with hardcore support of about 5-700..how long until they are in administartion again???

Agreed with your post until "Dundee's Stature" teams with the morals of this mob we can do without and can get tae feck..my thoughts are exactly the same on Gretna and Livvy..however it appears livvy are buying their way through the divisions yet again...with hardcore support of about 5-700..how long until they are in administartion again???

Livi's crowds have actually been better this season, over 1,400 today. 1,600 the other week, & with about 20 away fans probably, an improvement on what they had in the 1st Div, maybe they've reduced their prices?

Livi's crowds have actually been better this season, over 1,400 today. 1,600 the other week, & with about 20 away fans probably, an improvement on what they had in the 1st Div, maybe they've reduced their prices?

Yip, they've got a healthy enough home support. Don't appear to travel in numbers (did they ever?). Season tickets start at £10 a match/pay at the gate £12.

Got off to a poor start today and it was all Dundee for 20-25 mins. Keeper didnt look too clever at their goal but he made up for it later. We started to come back into the game and Douglas had a decent save from a header by Hardie?. Major point of the game was Harkins two footed lunge on MacNamara which happened right in front of the ref and he only deemed it a booking ive seen less dangerous tackles given a straight red. 2nd half we took control of the game and Hodge scored with a nice half volley from the edge of the box. We still looked the better team until 10 mins from end when they started to make the odd chance. Their winner looked like it hit somebody rather than someone turning it in. Douglas made 3 or 4 good saves the one from Kinniburghs header was top drawer imo. Fox also made a couple of decent saves. We didnt deserve to lose and i thought our 2nd half performance was outstanding. The Dundee fans need to wake up and smell the coffee they are being driven along on a wave of hyped up injustice and they are all gonna come down with an almighty bang

I totally agree with you regarding the way Dundee have been run during the last decade i.e. Di Stefano, Melville. However, I feel that if Dundee were to become a properly run football club again i.e. living within their financial means, with the size of their support they would be an asset to Scottish football. In addition, their demise would result in the loss of one of the very few traditional derbies we have in Scotland that isn't tainted with paranoia and bigotry.

If Dundee FC starts and/or supports a PR campaign against the SFL's ruling, while continuing to uphold their right to play under the rules of the same organisation and making use of the SFL's appeals procedure, surely this is worthy of another hearing before the SFL, and a consequent penalty.

Surely the SFL should also be asking if it is appropriate for a club that has been receiving handouts from one man but not paying bills to receive huge financial support in the form of no rent or possibly a peppercorn rent from the owner of its ground.

The administrator, at the very least, should be called to task for not stopping this outrageous bandwagon of hypocrisy: his job is to try to provide for a future for Dundee FC, and there can be no future for a company that refuses to recognise its past failings.

I know we got beat, but i felt proud to be a supporter of thistle today. Our fans are 100 times better than dundee's will ever be. Look at the state of those dee fans, they were quiet for most of the game. If we were in that position our fans would not stop singing and cheering the team along, we would go on all day. I didnt bother getting a pie and bovril at half time as i didnt want to give anymore of my money to that joke of a club. There seems to be a problem with us at the start of games, we are always sleeping and look nervous. I also saw balatoni in the warm up 30 minutes before the kick off holding his hamstring looking worried, im guessing he didnt tell anyone about the injury and then 5 mins into the match he had to come off. Hopefully hardie will be ok, i wansn't sure what he injured. I find that the whole attitude of dundee fc stinks, before the match i didnt want them to go bust but after that i have changed my mind. Gary harkins had a poor game, he was lucky not to be sent off, he made no attempt to get the ball and went right through jackie. Money is tight at our club and as fans we get frustrated and the lack of investment in the team, but this is put in perspective when we see dundee who have cheated everyone including themselves. At least our club is not in as bad a position as them. Mon the jags.

I know we got beat, but i felt proud to be a supporter of thistle today. Our fans are 100 times better than dundee's will ever be. Look at the state of those dee fans, they were quiet for most of the game. If we were in that position our fans would not stop singing and cheering the team along, we would go on all day. I didnt bother getting a pie and bovril at half time as i didnt want to give anymore of my money to that joke of a club. There seems to be a problem with us at the start of games, we are always sleeping and look nervous. I also saw balatoni in the warm up 30 minutes before the kick off holding his hamstring looking worried, im guessing he didnt tell anyone about the injury and then 5 mins into the match he had to come off. Hopefully hardie will be ok, i wansn't sure what he injured. I find that the whole attitude of dundee fc stinks, before the match i didnt want them to go bust but after that i have changed my mind. Gary harkins had a poor game, he was lucky not to be sent off, he made no attempt to get the ball and went right through jackie. Money is tight at our club and as fans we get frustrated and the lack of investment in the team, but this is put in perspective when we see dundee who have cheated everyone including themselves. At least our club is not in as bad a position as them. Mon the jags.

Our league position shows that we are rank rotten, and the atmosphere at Firhill all season has been like a morgue, same at Forthbank the other week.

Agree with your point about Dundee and cheating, though.

the second half was the best we have played this season.

proud of the team and the fans. very good atmosphere.

no failures bar erskine.

Glorious failure again, like before, like before, like before.......

That's how it will always be under McCall, I fear.

Except for the usual dismal/failure to turn up failures.