Dundee Appeal?

Auld Jag

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure I read somewhere recently that all Dundees creditors accepted their offer except the HM Revenue crew.

I am sure I heard that the bulk of the creditors by value were connected to the Club (loans from Cammy Melville / other directors). The rest are made up of HMRC and some local trade creditors. That makes sense if Dundee were prevented from securing bank finance following their last plunge into administration.

If that's right, then it stands to reason that the bulk of the creditors might accept the offer. Just a question of whether HMRC and any disgruntled trade creditors have enough debt to block the agreement, should they wish to do so. 75% of creditors by value needed, and if newspaper reports are to be agreed, it's a near run thing.

The BBC website was stating last week that Chisholm, Dodds and the sacked players/staff were also creditors. The cut might not be as favourable as Dundee might like to think.

Also is the debt to the taxman frozen at point of administration or does it increase as it would with any company outwith administration? I was sure that Melville and Brannan were owed in excess of 75% just before administration but now the debt to taxman is reportedly(BBC) circa £550K as opposed to just under £400K back in October.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I am sure I heard that the bulk of the creditors by value were connected to the Club (loans from Cammy Melville / other directors). The rest are made up of HMRC and some local trade creditors. That makes sense if Dundee were prevented from securing bank finance following their last plunge into administration.

If that's right, then it stands to reason that the bulk of the creditors might accept the offer. Just a question of whether HMRC and any disgruntled trade creditors have enough debt to block the agreement, should they wish to do so. 75% of creditors by value needed, and if newspaper reports are to be agreed, it's a near run thing.

Seemingly it's a very near run thing. I assume any 150k from Wolves or whoever makes no difference to the % of debt owed, so if HMRC are still against the CVA then it's still on a knife edge, if reports are true.

I would be disgusted if they were allowed to keep Griffiths under these arrangements. Surely this would not be allowed. He's clearly the sort of player who could gain them many points, and that would seem very unjust. The way things are, nothing would surprise me.

Seemingly it's a very near run thing. I assume any 150k from Wolves or whoever makes no difference to the % of debt owed, so if HMRC are still against the CVA then it's still on a knife edge, if reports are true.

I would be disgusted if they were allowed to keep Griffiths under these arrangements. Surely this would not be allowed. He's clearly the sort of player who could gain them many points, and that would seem very unjust. The way things are, nothing would surprise me.

Have a read at THIS

I'm starting to warm to this fella McLean. Think he could raise a good few quid for his beloved club on the stand up circuit. :thumbsup2:

Have a read at THIS

I'm starting to warm to this fella McLean. Think he could raise a good few quid for his beloved club on the stand up circuit. :thumbsup2:

The lack of any kind of grip on reality that Dundee have is frankly astonishing.

Dundee have a transfer embargo in place.

Technically it’s not a player that is transferred but his registration. Wolves want to purchase Griffiths’ registration for £150,000 but loan that registration back to Dundee until the end of the season.

It doesn’t matter that Griffiths was previously Dundee’s player. If he moves to Wolves, or anyone else, that embargo prevents Dundee from registering any new players.

I find it astonishing that they would even ask if they could do this. The answer was always going to be no.

And a note to Clubs, Dundee and Stirling pay attention, if you wish the football authorities to rule in your favour on some matter don’t bleat on about preserving “the integrity of the league” like a spoiled child.

The lack of any kind of grip on reality that Dundee have is frankly astonishing.

Technically it’s not a player that is transferred but his registration. Wolves want to purchase Griffiths’ registration for £150,000 but loan that registration back to Dundee until the end of the season.

It doesn’t matter that Griffiths was previously Dundee’s player. If he moves to Wolves, or anyone else, that embargo prevents Dundee from registering any new players.

I find it astonishing that they would even ask if they could do this. The answer was always going to be no.

And a note to Clubs, Dundee and Stirling pay attention, if you wish the football authorities to rule in your favour on some matter don’t bleat on about preserving “the integrity of the league” like a spoiled child.

The SFA hear Dundee's appeal tomorrow. Can we trust them to do the right thing? Hmmm, not really, but people will moan whatever they decide. I'm fed up with all these appeals, Celtic and Dundee paranoia, everybody hates us, and on and on, and on...

Dundee's administrator was on Beyond The SPL tonight. He said that Dundee will have their CVA creditors meeting around 4th February. That means they can't come out of admin before then, in which case the transfer window is closed. Can loans be arranged after that? Obviously I'm thinking of Griffiths in particular. If they come out of admin does the transfer embargo get lifted immediately?

So many questions. I wish we were discussing the game itself. Jings.

Edited by beep0608

I am really getting to despise Dumbdee and hope they will be wiped off the face of Scottish Football soon.

Horrible sickening club.

The SFA hear Dundee's appeal tomorrow. Can we trust them to do the right thing? Hmmm, not really, but people will moan whatever they decide. I'm fed up with all these appeals, Celtic and Dundee paranoia, everybody hates us, and on and on, and on...

Dundee's administrator was on Beyond The SPL tonight. He said that Dundee will have their CVA creditors meeting around 4th February. That means they can't come out of admin before then, in which case the transfer window is closed. Can loans be arranged after that? Obviously I'm thinking of Griffiths in particular. If they come out of admin does the transfer embargo get lifted immediately?

So many questions. I wish we were discussing the game itself. Jings.

I hope not only do they reject Dumbdee's laughable appeal and constant outpourings of 'poor us, we are innocent, punish us and you punish scottish football' guff, but they do a Lennon on Dumbdee and TREBLE their punishment.

THAT would be justice.

Are you not allowed 2 emergency loan signings outside the transfer window ? If so, then yes, they could get Griffiths back.

Ok, that sounds familiar, but I can't imagine that would qualify as an emergency. Losing Griffiths would be a major on field loss, and even £150k doesn't really help that much in terms of saving them, as their biggest danger is the HMRC objection to the CVA. That money would be evenly divided I assume, so the % owed to HMRC would remain the same.

I really am getting a bit fed up with all this keech though. Dragged out apparently random punishments, leading to and encouraging endless appeals, bleating and moaning.....zzzzzzz

I mean Dundee and Cellic of course.

Also I assume there's a cut off time towards the end of the season? :unsure:

The SFL rules on this aren't very clear but if it's anything like the English Football League then it's the last Thursday in March which is the deadline. Considering the maximum period an emergency loan can be is 93 days it doesn't make much difference as any loan of the maximum period would cover Dundee from the beginning of February until the end of the season.

It's also worth noting that Dundee would only be able to loan 1 player over the age of 21 at any period of time so even if they do get some loan players in to cover their squad most of them will have to be youngsters from SPL teams (since they cannot get loan players from other division 1 clubs and I doubt they'd go to 2nd or 3rd division teams for players).

Dundee Appeal?----not to me

Apologies if anybody else has posted this, but either way, let's see what difference this makes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/scottish-premier/8255900/Dundees-final-football-appeal-against-25-point-penalty-will-be-chaired-by-one-of-the-countrys-leading-law-lords.html

I just hope that this is the end of it today. I'm sick of it, and hope we can move on, at least from this bit of it, the points penalty, though the CVA meeting will be a couple of weeks yet.

With the current economic climate and sympathy for the fans (from those not in the know), I am delighted that the SFL have shown a pair of bollox. Whatever the ins and outs, getting into so much debt TWICE and cheating others, like our club, to try to get promotion unfairly deserved to be punished severely.

Don't they still have the right to have their case heard by the Galactic Assembly for Interplanetary Rights, in front of three Time Lords? :unsure:

I have it on the highest authority (My own) that you are perfectly correct. :smartass:

You may also take this to the bank.

Their Appeal will fail! :red_card: