Game Packages  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a game package

• Yes- 5 game package
    • Yes- 3 game package
    • No- Season Ticket Holder
    • No- Not interested
    • No- Continue to pay at gate

I would've if there was a student price on offer but since there isn't then it's not value for money.

Might get a half season ticket depending on what I've got left after I've finished the Christmas shopping though.

5 game package before Christmas - £64 working out at £12.80 per game.

That's not value for money, compared to what others pay?

What would be an additional discount that would make it more attractive to students?

Edited by Jaggernaut

5 game package before Christmas - £64 working out at £12.80 per game.

That's not value for money, compared to what others pay?

What would be an additional discount that would make it more attractive to students?

A discount which makes it less than the £12 per game students and OAPs pay at the gate.

Judging by the poor response to this you can start to understand why the club hasn't really bothered with ventures like this before.

Give it time for goodness sake. The offers were only announced at the weekend. The best thing we as fans can do is to let other fans know about this through word of mouth. I wouldn't take a poll so seriously 3 days after these deals were announced.

Judging by the poor response to this you can start to understand why the club hasn't really bothered with ventures like this before.

Out of 24 people that have responded - only 2 have said that they wouldn't buy one of the packages. Over half currently have season tickets.

What would you deem a positive response?

I don't quite understand your reasoning.

At time of this post 13 folk (myself included) have "voted" we're not interested as we're season ticket holders. Divide that 13 into how many season ticket holders we actually have and that should give you a fair indication on the response to the poll in general.

To suggest that those who have previously run the Club are somehow vindicated for never having offered different ticketing packages is just plain daft. But knowing you from previous posts I believe you're just trying to stir up a bit of a reaction and engender some enthusiasm to a venture most of us will agree is of merit.

On this subject though, if the only promotion for these packages is done through the official website, I wonder how many pay at the gates fans will have parted with their £17 on Saturday (or whenever the next home game is played) in ignorance of these multi game offers.

I don't quite understand your reasoning.

At time of this post 13 folk (myself included) have "voted" we're not interested as we're season ticket holders. Divide that 13 into how many season ticket holders we actually have and that should give you a fair indication on the response to the poll in general.

To suggest that those who have previously run the Club are somehow vindicated for never having offered different ticketing packages is just plain daft. But knowing you from previous posts I believe you're just trying to stir up a bit of a reaction and engender some enthusiasm to a venture most of us will agree is of merit.

On this subject though, if the only promotion for these packages is done through the official website, I wonder how many pay at the gates fans will have parted with their £17 on Saturday (or whenever the next home game is played) in ignorance of these multi game offers.

I think that the deal is valid from the Boxing Day game so (assuming the game on Saturday goes ahead) there will be the opportunity to promote it in the programme, over the tannoy, etc. I received an e-mail from Ami today promoting hospitality at the Raith game and the 3 & 5 game package so hopefully others that in the Club's database will be made aware of this excellent offer as well.

A discount which makes it less than the £12 per game students and OAPs pay at the gate.

Why haven't they included students in the deal? I know £12 is a great price anyway but if we were included and it saved a few bob (even as little as 50p a game) I'd likely buy a 5 and 3 game package (if it's allowed) even tho I might not make it to 8 games (do we have 8 or more home games left?).

Why haven't they included students in the deal? I know £12 is a great price anyway but if we were included and it saved a few bob (even as little as 50p a game) I'd likely buy a 5 and 3 game package (if it's allowed) even tho I might not make it to 8 games (do we have 8 or more home games left?).

Frankly, if students expect another special set of reductions, say 50p a game, then the club might as well start paying students to attend matches. If finances are so precarious for students (and they are for a hell of a lot of non-students), then why would any of them pay anything up front if they know they might not even make it to all the matches? Surely they'd want to save that money for basics, like food or drink?

Here we go again...why not further specially reduced packages for:

The unemployed

Pensioners

Asylum seekers

Anybody who needs further persuasion to go the match for whatever reason

OF season-ticket holders (let's try to convert them)

Gingers

etc. etc.

Frankly, if students expect another special set of reductions, say 50p a game, then the club might as well start paying students to attend matches. If finances are so precarious for students (and they are for a hell of a lot of non-students), then why would any of them pay anything up front if they know they might not even make it to all the matches? Surely they'd want to save that money for basics, like food or drink?

Here we go again...why not further specially reduced packages for:

The unemployed

Pensioners

Asylum seekers

Anybody who needs further persuasion to go the match for whatever reason

OF season-ticket holders (let's try to convert them)

Gingers

etc. etc.

Question the Clubs pricing policy all you want, fact remains. They have a seperate price for students and if they were willing to put this deal in place then all Im saying is if students were included then I would buy the packages (a 50p saving for students seems fair enuf given the £4 odd saving for the full price payer). Why would I do this if Im so skint? Well because 1st of all it will help the Club, 2nd it will save me an extra 10 bob per game and 3rd who said finance was so precious to me anyway :D? If that was the case I wouldn't spend so much on Thistle every year. For the record, and in my defence, I make up the £5 difference on matchday in other areas (50/50 tickets & programmes).

Unemployed people should be afforded special prices imo and pensioners do recieve discounted prices (same price as students). You're taking it to extremes with your final 3 suggestions tho don't u think?

Are you a student racist :P?

• 3 weeks later...

As it says on the tin...

I'm gonna buy a 5 game package even though I may not be able to make 5 games due to work and other commitments.

Me, brother and ma mate got one. Wouldn't have bothered otherwise cause the team is gash but it's a pretty good deal and it might spark my interest again. Good bit of marketing from the club i'd say.

A side issue to this is the nightmare my Mrs had trying to get them purchased. The customer service when you phone the club is awful (i.e Nobody seems to be manning the phones). Disappointing considering it was the lead up to Christmas.

Edited by The Legend Blows

A side issue to this is the nightmare my Mrs had trying to get them purchased. The customer service when you phone the club is awful (i.e Nobody seems to be manning the phones). Disappointing considering it was the lead up to Christmas.

For what it's worth, my own experience was to email Ami asking how to order the tickets. She sent me a form within the hour. I filled it in, emailed it back to her and the tickets arrived through the post a few days later.

Were selling them in the Aitken Suite yesterday & was surprised at how many were sold, I thought maybe 1 or 2, but think it was about 7-10. Someone even bought a 5 & 3 game package.

Another positive was that some wished to be contacted about buying a season ticket come the start of next season, so hopefully this will be carried out & get them signed up.