Chris Hughton Sacked

kni

Poor poor decision. A young manager, popular with the players, who was rebuilding the reputation of Newcastle. Astoundingly poor judgement by their Board

^^^this^^^

and

I think that Ian McCall should apply for the position as his vast managerial talent is wasted on us.

^^^this^^^

Chris Hughton was exactly what Newcastle needed - a sensible, hard-working, and dignified man who does not deserve what has come to him.

Newcastle were in disarray when he took over and could easily have done a Leeds. He steadied the ship, ditched the egos, built a solid side and ran away with a league that has been a graveyard for former premiership teams in recent years. He takes them to mid-table in the Premiership, beats the local rivals 5-1, beats Arsenal...and gets sacked for his efforts.

Feckin disgraceful - hope they get Shearer, they go down and Ashley makes a colossal loss!

Chris Hughton was exactly what Newcastle needed - a sensible, hard-working, and dignified man who does not deserve what has come to him.

Newcastle were in disarray when he took over and could easily have done a Leeds. He steadied the ship, ditched the egos, built a solid side and ran away with a league that has been a graveyard for former premiership teams in recent years. He takes them to mid-table in the Premiership, beats the local rivals 5-1, beats Arsenal...and gets sacked for his efforts.

Feckin disgraceful - hope they get Shearer, they go down and Ashley makes a colossal loss!

Nail, on the head, firmly struck.

Martin Jol supposedly resigned from Ajax tonight.

Reckon he is now a shoe-in for the Geordie poisoned chalice, I do.

Also spot on. If the two events aren't linked then I'm a banana. Whatever the outcome, I really won't shed a tear for any of the taps-aff, Johnny Ten-belly, Jimmy Nail-CD-purchasing hordes of deluded indecipherables who populate the seats of St James', drinking copious quantities of Nooky Broon, should the Championship and, subsequently, Div 1 beckon.

It's not that I blame these guys for this dreadful 'piece of business'. But the faithful there is well accustomed to atrocious boardroom intervention and will get over a spell in the nether regions of English football quite easily. :thumbdown:

It's a totally disgraceful decision given that Hughton restored their credability after a string of awful appointments. Joe Kinnnear anyone?

I see there are talks of boycotts. I wonder how many of the 50,000 diddies in Newcastle tops that blindly follow the team will actually go through with it? I really hope they end up in League 1 or even better, the Conference.

New manager named by the weekend. My money on Alan Pardew, good mates with the owner and his cronies running the place. Watch the Geordies go mad if it is him!!!!!

Pardew is the 8/11 favourite. Ironically, he was sacked by West Ham in December 2006 after getting them promoted from the Championship. Pardew was then sacked by Charlton and Southampton. If the board appoints him, it suggests they want experience in getting clubs relegated. W*nkers!