Comedy Dvd Recomendation Needed

Lambies Lost Doo

Can anyone recommend some good comedy DVD's to buy so we can watch on Christmas Day? This is a much needed area to stop the family from falling asleep or bickering. However I need something relatively clean like Michael MacIntryre so Frankie Boyle is definitely off limits. Is the Kevin Bridges DVD ok to watch with olds?

Can anyone recommend some good comedy DVD's to buy so we can watch on Christmas Day? This is a much needed area to stop the family from falling asleep or bickering. However I need something relatively clean like Michael MacIntryre so Frankie Boyle is definitely off limits. Is the Kevin Bridges DVD ok to watch with olds?

Kevin Bridges seems to have only one set of jokes so if you have saw much of him before don’t get the DVD!

Dunno about Kevin Bridges but a couple of years I was given Michael MacIntyres "live and laughing" dvd. I've since gone off him a bit but that show is really funny and, like you say, relatively clean.

I also really like Eddie Izzard's "Dressed to Kill" which I don't remember being overly rude.

Haven't seen any of his own shows but I've always enjoyed what Stewart Francis does on things like Mock the Week. I don't think he ever gets particularly rude either.

Edited by Uncle Psychosis

You've probably already considered Billy Connolly's 'Live in London 2010', but in case you haven't, it's not particularly sweary and fairly funny, though not as good as his early stuff.

I mentioned this to a friend who suggested downloading it from a Torrent site, just for a preview, before you buy the real thing. I of course condemned this suggestion as being wholly inappropriate.

You've probably already considered Billy Connolly's 'Live in London 2010', but in case you haven't, it's not particularly sweary and fairly funny, though not as good as his early stuff.

Was talking in this vein to a mate last night about Billy Connelly's (1994?) World Tour of Scotland. 6 x 1-hour programmes from memory, combining funny bits and some good places around our country.

Worth a dust down if you haven't seen it for a while.

Kevin Bridges seems to have only one set of jokes so if you have saw much of him before don’t get the DVD!

He's much better than other comedians for new material.

I saw the show at the SECC when the DVD was filmed and I hadn't heard any of the material, it was brand new - and I think I had seen just about every clip or show he had been on previously.

Compare him to that twat Frankie Boyle - I saw his show in April at the Kings. Not only is all that material being repeated on the shite Tramadol Nights, it wasn't funny at the time (just sick) and I'd heard at least 50% of the other material he came out with.

I would rather eat a turd than recommend Billy 'I'm a Jags man until I get big enough to admit I support Celtic so not to lose some fans' Connelly.

Edited by 1876Jag

still game box set, a must :thumbsup2:

nearly choked when the "divil dog" jumps off the flats :lol:

This.

I'm not a big fan of comedy DVD's. Once you've seen it once, there isn't much point in watching it again. It's not like there are going to be different jokes the second time round.

As for Connolly, I wouldn't spit on the guy. A total sycophant. Michael McIntrye is about as funny as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Since Frankie Boyle is a non starter, I'd go for Bill Bailey myself if it has to be a stand up. Shame there isn't a Jerry Sadowitz DVD :lol:

He's much better than other comedians for new material.

I saw the show at the SECC when the DVD was filmed and I hadn't heard any of the material, it was brand new - and I think I had seen just about every clip or show he had been on previously.

Compare him to that twat Frankie Boyle - I saw his show in April at the Kings. Not only is all that material being repeated on the shite Tramadol Nights, it wasn't funny at the time (just sick) and I'd heard at least 50% of the other material he came out with.

I would rather eat a turd than recommend Billy 'I'm a Jags man until I get big enough to admit I support Celtic so not to lose some fans' Connelly.

He was on live at the Apollo the other week and it was word for word to his DVD, the only thing that was different is when he took the pee out of some celebrities in the audience.

He was on live at the Apollo the other week and it was word for word to his DVD, the only thing that was different is when he took the pee out of some celebrities in the audience.

That's not the point I was making. I didn't deny he repeated stuff, just that he isn't as bad as other at doing so. All the comedians do it, at least his material was recent to his tour this year. You can't expect a brand new show/jokes every time you see someone or every night they perform.

And he isn't as bad as others - Frankie Boyle came out with material in his tour in April I heard 2 years ago!