Strips For Next Season

Santana

Am I right in saying there'll be a new home strip but no new away strip? If so, I'd like to see us go back to red and yellow stripes with a bit of black in there too - like the 86-87 strip. I'd like to see us use the Centenary top is our away one, as it is far nicer than the camouflage thing. However, if it's a new away top we're getting too, I'd like to see one similar to the black one with the red and yellow giagnals through it (circa 2001).

Also, anyone know when any news on the strips will be realeased?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right in saying there'll be a new home strip but no new away strip? If so, I'd like to see us go back to red and yellow stripes with a bit of black in there too - like the 86-87 strip. I'd like to see us use the Centenary top is our away one, as it is far nicer than the camouflage thing. However, if it's a new away top we're getting too, I'd like to see one similar to the black one with the red and yellow giagnals through it (circa 2001).

Also, anyone know when any news on the strips will be realeased?

We won't have a new away top next season. The camoflage strip will be the away top for next season.

Similar topic started before .net closed. My prefered choice would be something similar to 95/96.

Not saying what they look like becasue i love the speculation.

But the 1st of june is when to be looking out for Cat Harvey on Sauchiehall Street, or something along those lines :thumbsup2:

Everthing that is posted above was posted by a homosexual Motherwel fan who got on my laptop when i was out the office, I don't know when the strip is out and if Cat Harvey is involved.

Edited by Munkey

Cowan in the programme (vs Dundee in December):

"Only the home strip will change. The present change kit of pink camouflage will be kept on for one more season. I cannot promise anything as dramatic for the new home top as our recent change tops have been as we are sticking to red and yellow - there might have been a riot had we done anything else - but I can promise you something fresh and new."

These words do not fill me with confidence that:

a. the new home strip will be good and

b. I'm going to buy it.

But hey, it's good to know the chairman realises that the fans would have been upset if the new strip wasn't red and yellow.

i'd like something along the lines of 2003/2004 or 1995/1996 but with black shorts a must. failing that, a strip like the centenary one in style but in red and yellow hoops with a massive big thistle for a badge would be good. or maybe a full yellow strip with the red trim like 1971?

I bet its red and yellow stripes with Cowans face printed in the background!

Alternatively, you could have a similar idea to the Getafe top. Instead of the Burger King printed on the inside of the top, Allan Cowan's face.

I wouldn't mind if it was like the most recent top. They should reinstate some black in it though.

i'd like something along the lines of 2003/2004 or 1995/1996 but with black shorts a must. failing that, a strip like the centenary one in style but in red and yellow hoops with a massive big thistle for a badge would be good. or maybe a full yellow strip with the red trim like 1971?

I concur, felt that the red shorts kinda spoiled the overall effect of the 2003/2004 strip. too many hoops on the socks too!

:thumbsup2:

I think the current home shirt is the best one yet, black shorts good too just not a big fan of the socks - maybe just straight yellow. Definitely not stripes though, nasty. Hoops for sure, even all the way around, but I don't know about this 'paint brush effect'...

Too many changes to the strip aint good I feel, stick to the red and yellow hoops! No black needed in the shirts either (other than the current black trim) if the shorts are black.

Just my humble opinion from the other side of the world :)

Yeah, but who really listens to anything that comes out Cowans trap?

I bet its red and yellow stripes with Cowans face printed in the background!

I was thinking more along the lines of the Espanyol top with the Burger King! :lol: