Team For Tonight

1 John Lambie

I think McCall will go for 3-5-2 again, which will probably mean Erskine on the bench.

............................Fox

......Kinniburgh.....McNamara.....Archibald

Paton..............................................Boyle

...........Cairney.....Rowson.....Hodge

..................Donnelly.....Doolan

Subs:

Halliwell

McGeough

Campbell

Erskine

Buchanan

Need 2 U-21s on the bench, McCall said MacBeth was in the squad for Sat, but don't see how he can be fit enough with no games & 2 weeks max training. If it's 4-4-2, I'd like to see Flannigan & Erskine on the wings, but don't think we'll play that way.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

..................Donnelly..... Erskine

Think Erskine’s will play upfront due to his pace.

Will be interesting to see if Buchanan makes the 16, might be left out if he is going.

..................Donnelly..... Erskine

Think Erskine’s will play upfront due to his pace.

Will be interesting to see if Buchanan makes the 16, might be left out if he is going.

I'd start with Doolan in place of Erskine. Reckon Big Bird could do well as an impact player against tiring defenders.

As for Liam, he played against Stirling so he's cup tied anyway. He may well be left out in case of injury if there is any truth to the rumours (that McCall has denied)

Meant to add, I hope Cairney will have improved from his performance against Raith where he was terrible.

Edited by GrantB

As for Liam, he played against Stirling so he's cup tied anyway. He may well be left out in case of injury if there is any truth to the rumours (that McCall has denied)

I may have misread but I don't think McCall has denied that Buchanan may be leaving. I got the impression that Liam is not going to be made a free agent but he could be sold for a nominal fee or involved in a player swap.

I may have misread but I don't think McCall has denied that Buchanan may be leaving. I got the impression that Liam is not going to be made a free agent but he could be sold for a nominal fee or involved in a player swap.

I would expect, or hope, that we would get another striker in any swap deal but I can't think of an attractive option.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/third-time-lucky-as-thistle-bid-to-heat-up-cup-bid-1.1079291

"Striker Liam Buchanan was last week linked with a move to title-challenging Dunfermline, but the Jags boss insists the 25-year-old has not been told he can leave Firhill.

"McCall said: “We have had a brief chat about things. Something might happen with Liam, but it is certainly not going to happen just now.”

From the OS:

The Thistle side to face Falkirk in tonight’s Scottish Cup is as follows:

1. Scott Fox

2. Paul Paton

3. Paddy Boyle

4. Jackie McNamara

5. Willie Kinniburgh

6. Alan Archibald

7. Paul Cairney

8. David Rowson

9. Liam Buchanan

10. Simon Donnelly

11. Bryan Hodge

Subs

Bryan Halliwell

Shaun Fraser

Jamie Campbell

Chris Erskine

Kris Doolan

Buchanan FFS! That's a ******* joke! I'd love to be proved wrong though, but FFS.

From the OS:

The Thistle side to face Falkirk in tonight’s Scottish Cup is as follows:

1. Scott Fox

2. Paul Paton

3. Paddy Boyle

4. Jackie McNamara

5. Willie Kinniburgh

6. Alan Archibald

7. Paul Cairney

8. David Rowson

9. Liam Buchanan

10. Simon Donnelly

11. Bryan Hodge

Subs

Bryan Halliwell

Shaun Fraser

Jamie Campbell

Chris Erskine

Kris Doolan

Buchanan FFS! That's a ******* joke! I'd love to be proved wrong though, but FFS.

I would have started Doolan, as top scorer, rather than Buchanan. If Liam does not perform tonight, he will probably be shown the exit door. I hope that Fraser and Campbell gets their chances.

No Flannigan so he could be one of those to be told to find a new club too. I assume that McBeth is still not fully fit.

I would have started Doolan, as top scorer, rather than Buchanan. If Liam does not perform tonight, he will probably be shown the exit door. I hope that Fraser and Campbell gets their chances.

No Flannigan so he could be one of those to be told to find a new club too. I assume that McBeth is still not fully fit.

I agree re Doolan too.

Also where's Robbo? Is he injured or suspended? If not, could be a sign that he's on his way.