Fox And Erskine Get New Deals

Ozieptfc

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the club website. Very good news about Scott. You realise that gives the club a Scully and a Fox? :rolleyes: Hopefully, this is more indicative of the way ahead for the club than recent confusing pronouncements from the boardroom.

I'm still not sold on Chris Erskine, but like the neutron bomb if there's a force that's going to destroy both sides it'll be nice to know 'we' have 'our' fingers on the button.

Good luck lads. B)

Good news. It would be nice to see Paton and Boyle also signing new deals. Such a refreshing change to see so many younger players establishing themselves in the team than the older element we have had for the last 2 or 3 years.

This. Boyle has turned his game around and Paton has been rock solid.

I'd also like to see Rowson get at least another year. Archie too.

Also if Kinniburgh keeps showing the improvement in his form and keeps the bombscare moments from returning to his game, I'd like to see us hang on to him.

Great news about Fox. The difference he has made to the confidence of the team has been sensational. It's good to read on the official site about the positive effect working with Hinchy has had on him.

As for Erskine, I've been on his back quite a lot on this forum in the past but he has shown in the last 10 games that there is a decent player in there if we can turn his undoubted skill into end product. Hope he continues to improve.

Good news. It would be nice to see Paton and Boyle also signing new deals. Such a refreshing change to see so many younger players establishing themselves in the team than the older element we have had for the last 2 or 3 years.

The improvement in form of Doolan, Erskine, Paton and Boyle has been a pleasant surprise. My concern is that Boyle in particular may get, or received, a better offer. Good left-backs are difficult to find and the sooner he gets a new deal, the better. Most of us had written Doolan and Boyle off, especially when they went on loan to Clyde. In fact, it seems to have given them confidence for this season. Grehan, under contract for next season, could also benefit from a loan spell.

This. Boyle has turned his game around and Paton has been rock solid.

I'd also like to see Rowson get at least another year. Archie too.

Also if Kinniburgh keeps showing the improvement in his form and keeps the bombscare moments from returning to his game, I'd like to see us hang on to him.

Great news about Fox. The difference he has made to the confidence of the team has been sensational. It's good to read on the official site about the positive effect working with Hinchy has had on him.

As for Erskine, I've been on his back quite a lot on this forum in the past but he has shown in the last 10 games that there is a decent player in there if we can turn his undoubted skill into end product. Hope he continues to improve.

IMHO, Fox has saved us from relegation. Halliwell's mistakes cost us several points and a place in the Alba Cup final. Our defence is much more solid since Fox arrived. His commitment, demonstrated by playing for nothing until this month and turning down better financial offers, is just amazing. We have found worthy successor to Kenny Arthur.

Sadly, it is possible, or even likely, that we cannot afford to keep Rowson and Archibald on their current wages. I also have hunch that McCall thinks that Robertson is surplus to requirements. The Jambos have a very big playing staff and it's possible that we could get Balatoni back next season as McCall clearly rates him.

Great news. Well done Scott and Chris. :thumbsup2:

Scott has been a fantastic goalkeeper since joining. Keep up the great work. :thumbsup2:

Fox > Tuffey

Like other posters I have had my doubts about Chris Erskin eparticularly last year, but the guy is still learning and has really come onto a really good game the last few seasons. Has made a huge step up from Juniors and by all accounts is a really nice guy.

Keep up the great work Chris and keep proving how wrong I was last season :thumbsup2:

• Members

Will, I watched the reserves on Tuesday and a couple of the young lads are very promising.

Hopefully they can make the next step successfully with Thistle. I still live in hope that we can unearth a big talent that nets us £1,000,000 to let us clear our debt again.

Interesting that today's Glaswegian has an article suggesting Erskine knocked back his contract.

There's probably a release clause if an SPL club comes in for him. If so, I would hope that we would get a reasonable fee. Frankly, IMO, Erskine is not good enough for the SPL at the moment. Hopefully, McCall talked some sense into him.

Interesting that today's Glaswegian has an article suggesting Erskine knocked back his contract.

Curious that ... the OS policy usually is not to announce signings until pen has scratched paper. Very likley the story was written before the deal though as the announcement of his signing has only appeared on the OS in the last hour or so.

The really important thing was signing Scott Fox though. Our bad early season form was very much down to losing silly goals - not all down to the keeper, mind you, but having a good keeper gives the defence confidence and helps them play better.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Strange that he thinks someone in the SPL would be interested in him. I think he's pretty hit or miss & nowhere near the stage where he would be thinking about a step up. He has added some consistency recently & his form has been pretty decent but Im surprised by some of his comments there.

Absolutely delighted to get Scott Fox signed up. He has been exceptional recently.

Fox is an excellent keeper and has really improved the confidence at the back.

Erskine signing is brilliant as well, I don't know what more people want from him and I dont understand how people doubt him. How many other players in this league are as entertaining as him? He isn't afraid to take on a man, do a bit of skill and he is very direct. So his final ball hasn't always been the best, but is getting better and better, but at the end of the day if he had pace, could beat a man, had bags of tricks in his locker and could deliver killer crosses and shots on goal he wouldn't be anywhere near a team like us.

Football should be entertaining, The Bridge entertains, people need to get off his back when he doesn't get past his man or whatever, would you rather he just passed the ball backwards like certain other players in our team?

Strange that he thinks someone in the SPL would be interested in him. I think he's pretty hit or miss & nowhere near the stage where he would be thinking about a step up. He has added some consistency recently & his form has been pretty decent but Im surprised by some of his comments there.

Absolutely delighted to get Scott Fox signed up. He has been exceptional recently.

Completely agree with all of this. Master Erskine would do well to remember that he's only just recently been given a run of starts, albeit he's done reasonably well when the opportunity's presented itself. Hopes of interest from the SPL reminds me a wee bit of the stage Paul Paton was at a year or so ago before he finally got his finger oot his botty and realised that, career wise, we were the only show in town. All that said, if we DID get an offer for CE from above, we'd be well advised to take it IMO; he's well replaceable.

I could watch Erskine's mad mazy runs all day. I love the way his style of play confuses the hell out of everyone (including himself). Definitely coming on to his game now. Long may that continue. Delighted he's staying. Fox hasn't put a foot wrong in goals since he started with Thistle. After the blip that was Halliwell we're back to having a decent keeper again. Magic. :thumbsup2:

He does!

I know he does, he can beat a man, has pace and has loads of skill/tricks, what I'm saying was if he had all that as well as the ability to put in pin-point crosses, get himself in the box and score screamers from miles out he would be at Barcelona.

And Blackpool Jags, how is The Bridge easily replaceable? The only other entertaining winger I can think of is that Cardle lad at Dunfermline and we aren;t exactly in a position to pry good players away from bigger and better teams are we?

Fox is an excellent keeper and has really improved the confidence at the back.

Erskine signing is brilliant as well, I don't know what more people want from him and I dont understand how people doubt him. How many other players in this league are as entertaining as him? He isn't afraid to take on a man, do a bit of skill and he is very direct. So his final ball hasn't always been the best, but is getting better and better, but at the end of the day if he had pace, could beat a man, had bags of tricks in his locker and could deliver killer crosses and shots on goal he wouldn't be anywhere near a team like us.

Football should be entertaining, The Bridge entertains, people need to get off his back when he doesn't get past his man or whatever, would you rather he just passed the ball backwards like certain other players in our team?

Brilliant post. I love watching Erskine. He's an Entertainer who gives 110%.

Im over the moon he's signed a new deal.