Scott Fox

Lindau

Cant comprehend why he wasnt MOTM....and that aint a dig at Chris Erskine who played with the confidence of a guy who has the security of a 2.5 year contract. That was as confident a display from a goalkeeper that I have seen in a long time. He has been a wonderful signing by McCall and all credit to the board for getting him tied down on a 2.5 year contract

Cant comprehend why he wasnt MOTM....and that aint a dig at Chris Erskine who played with the confidence of a guy who has the security of a 2.5 year contract. That was as confident a display from a goalkeeper that I have seen in a long time. He has been a wonderful signing by McCall and all credit to the board for getting him tied down on a 2.5 year contract

Sadly, I can see clubs from a higher level coming in for Scott Fox. IMHO he has turned our season around due the defence gaining confidence and tightening up. I hope we can keep him. If not, we must get a decent fee.

Sadly, I can see clubs from a higher level coming in for Scott Fox. IMHO he has turned our season around due the defence gaining confidence and tightening up. I hope we can keep him. If not, we must get a decent fee.

The boy has been pissed about by Celtic, QOTS and Dundee. By all accounts he loves being at Firhill and he now has the security of a long contract, so lets just enjoy him being here in the knowledge that if he does go it will be on the clubs terms re a transfer fee.

The boy has been pissed about by Celtic, QOTS and Dundee. By all accounts he loves being at Firhill and he now has the security of a long contract, so lets just enjoy him being here in the knowledge that if he does go it will be on the clubs terms re a transfer fee.

Agree totally. What a great signing when we desperately needed a new goalkeeper! 2010 was a rotten year for the Jags. I feel much more optimistic about 2011.

I'd like to extend heartfelt thanks to those cnuts, Dundee, for the gift that is Scott Fox.

Thank you so much, DFC, for this boy who we needed so badly and who is now a fully assimilated member of the Jaggy family, oh and I hope that your future remains bleak.

Thanks again and GIRFUY.

With love and Jaggy kisses,

Blackpool Jags.

I too thought that Fox was MotM but in a way I'm glad Erskine go it. When you hear of our goalie being top performer you're kinda saying we stole the game. That's far from the truth as I thought we won the game with a bit to spare. Besides I felt the team as a whole today were way above the sum of the individuals.

He did everything immaculately today, but other than the save right at the end I don't remember him having a difficult save to make, so although he was excellent probably right that he didn't get man of the match. I'd have given it to Archie or Kinniburgh, who played like a central defence who have full confidence in the keeper. Was a pleasure to see a goalie catch every cross he came for. Great bit of business to get him signed up.

during the game wean no.2 asks me: "how come getting a good goalie makes the WHOLE TEAM look good?". fkd if I know, and not sure how much of the credit Fox (ache) gets, but wow. Transformation central!

There's obviously been other factors, like some other players who were injured or off form getting back to their old selves in the 2nd half of the season. But when the defence are worried about the goalkeeper, they're not able to concentrate wholely on their own jobs which makes the defence in front of the goalkeeper unsteady and this in turn makes the midfield - who support the forwards - nervous too and unable to play their natural game.

So yeah 1 guy can make a huge difference, though I'd say the biggest difference can be made by either the goalkeeper or centre forward for obvious reasons.