Grehan

beep0608

I'm not sure if it's been mantioned elsewhere, but Grehan has a shocker on Saturday. He lumbered about like an unfit rugby forward, did nothing with the ball, or....anything.

At one point I wondered if I'd ever seen a worse subs appearance, though there are one or two candidates for that.

To be fair to him, when was the last time he played? Stirling cup game? (where he scored)

I remember people were slagging Doolan and Erksine when they hadn't been playing regularly so I'm willing to give him more of a chance.

Though I will conceed he wasn't great when he came on.

To be fair to him, when was the last time he played? Stirling cup game? (where he scored)

I remember people were slagging Doolan and Erksine when they hadn't been playing regularly so I'm willing to give him more of a chance.

Though I will conceed he wasn't great when he came on.

He played 90mins for the reserves in midweek. He didn't exactly shine in that game either.

Grehan is under contract for next season - a waste of a wage on current form. You have to ask why McCall gave an unproven player a two and a half year contract contract. He was not so generous to many of better players in the first-team squad at that time.

Doolan, Erkine, Kinningburger, Boyle and Paton were all written off as utterly hopeless yet all of them have now found excellent form and are doing the business.

Lets give Grehan a proper chance.

I am willing to give Grehan a chance. I have suggested (on several occasions recently) that, like those you mention, he too needs a loan spell. It would give him, hopefully, regular first-team football and the opportunity to improve. If Doolan gets injured or suspended, we will be short of proven ability up front.

I am willing to give Grehan a chance. I have suggested (on several occasions recently) that, like those you mention, he too needs a loan spell. It would give him, hopefully, regular first-team football and the opportunity to improve. If Doolan gets injured or suspended, we will be short of proven ability up front.

I agree, can we not send him out on loan to Clyde. Doolan, Boyle and Kinniburgh all went there and by all accounts were shocking. However, they all came back and suddenly started to show improvement. Maybe they realised how lucky they were to be at a big team like Thistle.

Doolan, Erkine, Kinningburger, Boyle and Paton were all written off as utterly hopeless yet all of them have now found excellent form and are doing the business.

Lets give Grehan a proper chance.

I actually agree. I thought he looked like a possible in previous games, but Saturday was, as posted, a shocker.

Sorry for getting you all excited!

I agree, can we not send him out on loan to Clyde. Doolan, Boyle and Kinniburgh all went there and by all accounts were shocking. However, they all came back and suddenly started to show improvement. Maybe they realised how lucky they were to be at a big team like Thistle.

Waste of time. Suppose he's sprobably guaranteed a game there, but based on the league table I doubt they can get the ball out of their own half. Dumbarton are in a similar position to that of Clyde last season, so if we were to get a loan striker in I'd like to see him go there...

Waste of time. Suppose he's sprobably guaranteed a game there, but based on the league table I doubt they can get the ball out of their own half. Dumbarton are in a similar position to that of Clyde last season, so if we were to get a loan striker in I'd like to see him go there...

Or Stenhousemuir.

Or Stenhousemuir.

Aye. Those two teams have only scored 20 goals each, so will be in need of a striker. I don't know if Grehan has the ability to do a job for them, but I would hope we're not holding on to him much longer if the potential wasn't there.

The thing is though, if he was sent to a team at the top of div 3 instead, he would see many more better opportunities to score than at a team struggling in div2, however the quality of opposition would be less challenging.

Do we have enough forwards to let one go out on loan actually? We have Doolan, Donnelly, arguably Erskine and then Grehan. I'd rather not have to include the youngsters, as McCall has shown that waiting to introduce them at the right time is much better than throwing them on when we're desperate and have no options.