Ryan Mcgowan On Loan

Juan Kerr

Hearts official site reporting we've taken defender/midfielder McGowan on an emergency loan.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110215/ryan-joins-jags_2241384_2293709

That's a weird one. It's not as if Balatoni is getting many outings these days either. Maybe Conrad's down with the flu or had a setback with his injury (he came thru the last reserve game fine). Robbo was excellent on Saturday considering he hadn't played for a good while.

Do we really need another back line defender? :unsure:

I thought McGowan was pretty decent when I saw him for Ayr; tall, carried the ball well and got forward to good effect. Not sure how well he played over the duration of his loan, though. Gives us options due to his versatility. Don't reckon there's any chance of signing him permanently as he's on a five-year contract at Hearts.

Cairney needs to get the finger out because he is in danger of pissing his career up the wall; he is a shadow of the player of last season. He threatened to rediscover last year's form during the first half of the Queens game then his lapse in concentration let McLaren in to score. If he didn't have another year on his deal, he would be very close to the exit door, in my opinion. A spell on the bench might give him a kick up the arse.

Hearts official site reporting we've taken defender/midfielder McGowan on an emergency loan.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110215/ryan-joins-jags_2241384_2293709

Why Why Why! Another pointless waste of time loan signing. Assuming we won't go up or down this falls into the same bracket as Balatoni. Nothing against the guy but if we're worried about relegation or on the other hand want to challenge for the title then proven players are what's required. Kick in the nuts for our own young players currently on the fringes.

I thought McGowan was pretty decent when I saw him for Ayr; tall, carried the ball well and got forward to good effect. Not sure how well he played over the duration of his loan, though. Gives us options due to his versatility. Don't reckon there's any chance of signing him permanently as he's on a five-year contract at Hearts.

Cairney needs to get the finger out because he is in danger of pissing his career up the wall; he is a shadow of the player of last season. He threatened to rediscover last year's form during the first half of the Queens game then his lapse in concentration let McLaren in to score. If he didn't have another year on his deal, he would be very close to the exit door, in my opinion. A spell on the bench might give him a kick up the arse.

Completely agree with you, cant believe the slump in his form, still young enough but needs to get his act together now.

Why Why Why! Another pointless waste of time loan signing. Assuming we won't go up or down this falls into the same bracket as Balatoni. Nothing against the guy but if we're worried about relegation or on the other hand want to challenge for the title then proven players are what's required. Kick in the nuts for our own young players currently on the fringes.

Mathematically we could still get relegated.

Not a bad loan signing as he looked decent against us for Ayr last year, He is something different to all of our current midfield at 6'3 and with the number of games coming up in the next couple of months will provide good cover and a bit of height and strength as teams begin to lump it in the quest for points. Don't think Hearts players are costing alot in wages just now so decent move.

The Hearts article confirms that the loan is until the end of next month. Mcgowan is 21 and should be a bit stronger than some of our youngsters. He could be cover for McBeth whilst he's out on loan. Alternatively, we may have a key player out injured or ill for a few weeks.

Not a bad loan signing as he looked decent against us for Ayr last year, He is something different to all of our current midfield at 6'3 and with the number of games coming up in the next couple of months will provide good cover and a bit of height and strength as teams begin to lump it in the quest for points. Don't think Hearts players are costing alot in wages just now so decent move.

Sums up everything I was going to say.

Good move from McCall.

I thought the guy did alright last night considering he'd only just arrived. I'd imagine he'd be more effective thru the middle than out on a wing. Cracking long throw in btw.

McCall said in the ET last night

We are looking for a striker and a midfield player. I would hope something could be tied up this week.

Could the striker be Tom Brighton? :unsure:

I thought the guy did alright last night considering he'd only just arrived. I'd imagine he'd be more effective thru the middle than out on a wing. Cracking long throw in btw.

Brighton would be looking for a decent wage. It is more likely that we are looking for another cheap loan from a SPL club.

Well Gary Glenn was mentioned at Meet the Manager Night and another poster started a topic yesterday stating he had heard it was Graeme Rammage of St Mirren.

It really depends on whether we have the funds unless we can get him for free as we apparently do with Conrad Balatoni