Morton Game

macca

Is this game likely to be on ? The forecast is rain so i hope were not behind the goals in the uncovered terracing.Seems to be a general lack of interest in this game judging by the lack of threads anyone going?

I am off this week,so I will be going.taking my 3 year old daughter with me.

Two of my jags fans pals going as well.so ther is 4 for a start.

I am off this week,so I will be going.taking my 3 year old daughter with me.

Two of my jags fans pals going as well.so ther is 4 for a start.

Cappielow was my first ever away game, and I've been there more often than any other away ground. Took umpteen visits before I saw us win though. It was around 71 or 72, I think we lost 3-1, and they had a couple of Scadinavians. A series of defeats, then draws, then an opening game defeat that was a real downer. The car back home that day was quiet, but I think we went up that season. I did finally see us win there but it took a loong time.

One vivid memory is going to the bar at the ground. It seemed familiar. No natural light, aside from one sort-of window with thick frosted glass. Pretty rough really. Where had I seen it before? Then it came to me. Frankie Miller and the bar fight in Just A Boy's Game. Ah yes, makes sense really.

Edited by beep0608

Never,never,never again. Pure pisshole. Seating wouldn't be allowed in a Nursery school. Toilets a quarter of a mile away. Filthiest snack bar inaginable.

aye thats just cowdenbeath, what about morton? what a fcukin disgrace central park is, i asked one of the stewards at half time where the toilets are and he said 'they're no open, ken like', i feel like writing to the sfl or something, i think its a bloody joke, at least guys can have a quick slash somewhere but what about women and kids that don't have a toilet to go to, i really hope that mob go down and never come back up again.

aye thats just cowdenbeath, what about morton? what a fcukin disgrace central park is, i asked one of the stewards at half time where the toilets are and he said 'they're no open, ken like', i feel like writing to the sfl or something, i think its a bloody joke, at least guys can have a quick slash somewhere but what about women and kids that don't have a toilet to go to, i really hope that mob go down and never come back up again.

The ladies have 1 toilet in Morton, just the 1! Weird! I went there on my birthday last season.... 2 words... never again! Worst ground I have ever been too! And for that reason I gave Cowdenbeath a miss this season! I was going tomorrow, but decided against it, it is just such a horrible little ground! Disgusting!

Cappielow isnt too bad i've been to much worse grounds(Stenhourmuir springs to mind). Lots of... err character, i think thats what they call it. I'm going to be in the area anyway so i'll be popping along. Although i do hope we'll be in the stand made out of plywood. Rather than the wee dublin end on a freezing Febuary night :unsure:

What an experience Cowdungbeef was. We stupidly went to the terracing not realising it was completely uncovered. They did allow me to use the toilet but there was a guy in there who had taken ill and the paramedics were in attendance. Maybe they closed the toilets briefly. If anyone had pissed on the terracing no one would have noticed. In fact it might have cleaned the place up a bit.

I don’t mind Cappielow really, the only thing that annoys me is when they don’t tell us when we are going to be. Their main stand is rubbish and far too cramped, I’ve only had to sit in it once and it was terrible, the rest of the time the Wee Dublin End has been open or I’ve just stood at the side of the stand where you can see the pitch. I don’t think I have anyone to go with tonight, most of the folk I go with have categorically stated they are chucking away games for the rest of the season. I’ll be able to persuade them to go to a couple and I don’t want to waste it on a midweek trip to Cappielow.

Anyone know what section of the ground we are meant to be in tonight and if there is a pitch inspection or anything? If I’m feeling odd I might drive to the game on my todd.

Got to say always enjoyed going to cappielow , yes all the previously raised bad points are true but feels like a "proper" ground , unlike the more modern ones e.g. mcdairmad , falkirk or livi , same for somerset at ayr another "proper " ground.

Shouldn't really have to reply to this but you're way off track. What's "proper" about Cappielow for the away fan? Are you suggesting in some way the conditions are like a traditional ground of yesteryear?

The cramped DVT stand with less leg room than a primary school desk. Severely restricted view of about 20% of the pitch caused by a combination of the cramped conditions, the pillars and the standing positioning of the stewards down the front of the stand.

The alternative is the uncovered seating behind the goal. What "proper ground" had terracing for the home fans and open air bench seating for the away fan?

Catering (ha!). I might be wrong but I don't believe they even sell pies.

I'll give your due you may be on track with the toilets but even then I can't recall a ground of the past with such a long trek to them.

Finally the price of entry, £15 and this affects the home fans, who can stretch their legs as well. I don't recall terracing prices being only around 10% cheaper than the average main stand price. If Morton were charging us say £10-£12 for the limited facilities they offer then much of above gripe would be redundant. As I see it they're milking us for as much as they can get. I hate going to McDiarmid, Almondvale & whatever Pressley's lot call their soulless stadium but in relative terms their pricing is in sync with the rest of the league. I think Falkirk charge us £15 entry the same price as Morton. Which club is taking the piss?

Main reason for this rant is I'm one who usually goes to most away games midweek or not but I draw the line at Cappielow (and probably Dens Pk for different reasons). I didn't complain about Central Pk last week in fact I enjoyed it apart from the result. There's a far truer example of a "proper" ground.

btw Apologies, changingman, my rant more therapeutic than meaning to have a "go" at your post.

Got to say always enjoyed going to cappielow , yes all the previously raised bad points are true but feels like a "proper" ground , unlike the more modern ones e.g. mcdairmad , falkirk or livi , same for somerset at ayr another "proper " ground.

I hate this use of the phrase "proper ground". A proper ground isn't a dump ... which is giving Cappielow undue praise. QoS have a "proper ground", Stirling have a "proper ground" (and theirs is new). There may be a few worse in lower divisions (and Cowdenneath) but Morton were a top league club once and they've no excuse.

Apologies to Milady BTW just noticed she said what I wanted to but much better.

Edited by Mr Bunny

The ladies have 1 toilet in Morton, just the 1! Weird! I went there on my birthday last season.... 2 words... never again! Worst ground I have ever been too! And for that reason I gave Cowdenbeath a miss this season! I was going tomorrow, but decided against it, it is just such a horrible little ground! Disgusting!

Will you pay my petrol money then, seeing as you're not going? If not, I want to speak someone in authority. :P

Shouldn't really have to reply to this but you're way off track. What's "proper" about Cappielow for the away fan? Are you suggesting in some way the conditions are like a traditional ground of yesteryear?

The cramped DVT stand with less leg room than a primary school desk. Severely restricted view of about 20% of the pitch caused by a combination of the cramped conditions, the pillars and the standing positioning of the stewards down the front of the stand.

The alternative is the uncovered seating behind the goal. What "proper ground" had terracing for the home fans and open air bench seating for the away fan?

Catering (ha!). I might be wrong but I don't believe they even sell pies.

I'll give your due you may be on track with the toilets but even then I can't recall a ground of the past with such a long trek to them.

Finally the price of entry, £15 and this affects the home fans, who can stretch their legs as well. I don't recall terracing prices being only around 10% cheaper than the average main stand price. If Morton were charging us say £10-£12 for the limited facilities they offer then much of above gripe would be redundant. As I see it they're milking us for as much as they can get. I hate going to McDiarmid, Almondvale & whatever Pressley's lot call their soulless stadium but in relative terms their pricing is in sync with the rest of the league. I think Falkirk charge us £15 entry the same price as Morton. Which club is taking the piss?

Main reason for this rant is I'm one who usually goes to most away games midweek or not but I draw the line at Cappielow (and probably Dens Pk for different reasons). I didn't complain about Central Pk last week in fact I enjoyed it apart from the result. There's a far truer example of a "proper" ground.

btw Apologies, changingman, my rant more therapeutic than meaning to have a "go" at your post.

Aye yur right im a fawnny