A Couple Of Videos

Col

• Administrators

These videos were produced by the old marketing team at Thistle which has now been dissolved due to the departure of Jim Alexander.

These were to be used in future marketing campaigns but those campaigns will now sadly not go ahead.

Truly gutted to see Jim go as he was a true Thistle fan and always had the best interest of the club at heart. Something which can't be said about others still at the club.

Hope you enjoy these videos and all the best to Jim and everyone else involved in the old marketing team.

Forever Red & Yellow -

Scottish League Cup 1971 -

Could only open the link to the you tube video, the other came up as an error. I thought the one I did see was great though, and seeing my late dad's league cup final ticket used in the video makes it even more special. (it's still in mint condition)

OK, maybe I'm not the greatest Thistle fan of all time and have missed out on some fokelore, but did all the league cup tickets say 1871 instead of 1971?

• Administrators

Could only open the link to the you tube video, the other came up as an error. I thought the one I did see was great though, and seeing my late dad's league cup final ticket used in the video makes it even more special. (it's still in mint condition)

Sorry, just tried it there aswell and it wasn't working :mad3:

try this link -

PS - Thanks for sending the image of that ticket :thumbsup2:

OK, maybe I'm not the greatest Thistle fan of all time and have missed out on some fokelore, but did all the league cup tickets say 1871 instead of 1971?

Your right, so I think someone may have photoshopped it. I've just looked at the scan I have of it on my computer and it's definately 1971. Here's where I uploaded it's image p36068987.html

just watched the youtube one again... Tuesday 4th May 1993. Farningham, PEACH! Tiernay, GETINTHERE!!!and .... Oh! .... GERRY BRITTON!!!!FOOKIN YEEESSSS!!!! Partick Thistle 3 - 'orrible 'uns NIL!!!.... It's almost too good.

Anyone got decent video of the time we pumped the terrible Tims at hampden? ... Roddy Grant, Grant, Grant!!

Just poppin out to buy some tissues.... :innocent2:

try this link -

4 goals scored and not one badge kissed or jersey pulled off in celebration. Not one player jumps into the crowd or over the hoardings - they don't even leave the playing area. No acrobatic tumbling routines(well - one forward roll at full-time), belly or knee slides and no co-ordinated baby-rocking mimes. :unknw:

You'd almost think their hearts weren't really in it. :whistling:

I wonder if the players will show the same restraint at Cappielow tonight? :innocent:

Edited by Norman

4 goals scored and not one badge kissed or jersey pulled off in celebration. Not one player jumps into the crowd or over the hoardings - they don't even leave the playing area. No acrobatic tumbling routines(well - one forward roll at full-time), belly or knee slides and no co-ordinated baby-rocking mimes. :unknw:

You'd almost think their hearts weren't really in it. :whistling:

I wonder if the players will show the same restraint at the Cappielow tonight? :innocent:

I remember one old match on Scotsport where some team scored and the inimitable Arthur Montford was going mental over the "ecstasy" being shown by the players of the team that had just scored. But in fact they were just walking back to the centre circle, with a handshake or two here and there. Brilliant stuff!

Just watched the Forever Red & Yellow one, great video & I had the hairs standing up on the back of my neck for the entire video! (& yes, a tear in the eye).

It's a shame that nothing will now come of planned marketing campaigns, these can only do good for the club. But I'd urge the creator to continue making them & posting them, just because the club no longer wish to endorse them doesn't mean they won't have an impact on us fans.

Keep up the good work & I hope to see more videos in the future!

There really is only 1 team in Glasgow, & it's the great Partick Thistle.

just watched the youtube one again... Tuesday 4th May 1993. Farningham, PEACH! Tiernay, GETINTHERE!!!and .... Oh! .... GERRY BRITTON!!!!FOOKIN YEEESSSS!!!! Partick Thistle 3 - 'orrible 'uns NIL!!!.... It's almost too good.

Anyone got decent video of the time we pumped the terrible Tims at hampden? ... Roddy Grant, Grant, Grant!!

Just poppin out to buy some tissues.... :innocent2:

I tell you whit, I just gret here in the office watching that. Luckily naebody else here.

Just watched the Forever Red & Yellow one, great video & I had the hairs standing up on the back of my neck for the entire video! (& yes, a tear in the eye).

It's a shame that nothing will now come of planned marketing campaigns, these can only do good for the club. But I'd urge the creator to continue making them & posting them, just because the club no longer wish to endorse them doesn't mean they won't have an impact on us fans.

Keep up the good work & I hope to see more videos in the future!

There really is only 1 team in Glasgow, & it's the great Partick Thistle.

So so so true.

Really Really good......anyone know the song/singer on the youtube one ?

Palbasha Siddique

The language of this song is Bengali. It's actually a poem written by a bengali poet named Rabindranath Tagore who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913 :)

Only at Thistle ..............

The original idea attached -possibly one of the best football Videos ever made,no apologies for lifting the idea -I find in Marketing your Club it helps if those doing it understand the Club ,the concept and its Fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayxjMFFkhBQ

Jim Alexander

Forca the Jags - Forca Pericos

Palbasha Siddique

The language of this song is Bengali. It's actually a poem written by a bengali poet named Rabindranath Tagore who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913 :)

Only at Thistle ..............

The original idea attached -possibly one of the best football Videos ever made,no apologies for lifting the idea -I find in Marketing your Club it helps if those doing it understand the Club ,the concept and its Fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayxjMFFkhBQ

Jim Alexander

Forca the Jags - Forca Pericos

:rolleyes: