Farewell

Guest denim_demon

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goodbye.

36 year old long suffering jags finally signing off from all things jaggy forever.

Cheerio

You don’t say why you’re not coming back to Firhill. Do you find the walk to the turnstiles getting a bit too much? I sometimes feel a bit breathless but it helps if I take my time. Are you moving from the area, perhaps going to Australia. Surely you haven’t found another team to support, surely not one of the two…..

I don’t suppose you’d like to say why. It's good to talk. Who knows someone on here might be able to help.

Please don't go.

36 year old means that he`s only actualy suffered for about 25 years.

He`s only started out on the road to pain and disillusionment. I`ve got irrational dislikes and phobias older than that!

25 years ago we called people like this Dundee utd supporters.

Im almost 33 and went to my first game aged about 18 months, I say Ive had more than 30 years of this suffering...izat ok? :P

To OP, if this is the first time you have ever told yourself you were finished wi the Jags Id be very surprised...Ive had about 3 'crises of faith' but have always returned to the light. As someone else said, it's a drug!

Im almost 33 and went to my first game aged about 18 months, I say Ive had more than 30 years of this suffering...izat ok? :P

To OP, if this is the first time you have ever told yourself you were finished wi the Jags Id be very surprised...Ive had about 3 'crises of faith' but have always returned to the light. As someone else said, it's a drug!

Used to have a "crisis of faith" almost every time we lost, when I was a kid,(well aged anything from 10 years to 40 years plus :blush: )total toys-out-the-pram stuff, scarf flung against the wall of the room swearing NEVER,EVER to return!!....... but come the next Friday night it was, "Where did I leave that scarf?" time. :P

No-one EVER said being a Jags Fan was easy, but remember the things that got you loving it in the first place and you'll be back. :thumbsup2:

Been a Jag since around 12 minutes after conception. Had one or two faith crises in the first six months of gestation. Been mostly downhill since then. I now have a severe dysfunctional personality disorder on account of my 53 and a half post-foetal years of Jagginess and ah widnae huv it any other way.

Monni Thistle.

I spoke to the Don of the Maryhill Mafia about this thing... He says,

No one ever said it was gonna be easy

A pain to tease me, the barrier's broken

Climbing aboard on a white knuckle ride

Churns my insides and the wheels are in motion

My heart is set, harder and harder

The chance of defeat is not in my nature

ONE LOVE

ONE TEAM IN GLASGOW!!!!!!!

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Be fair, it takes till about 10/11 before you start becoming strangely obsessed. Until that age it`s just something you really liked doing or got dragged along to. I reckon it`s in order to say that a 35 year old jaggie has only really been suffering for 25 of those years.

goodbye.

36 year old long suffering jags finally signing off from all things jaggy forever.

Cheerio

Can I have your scarf?

After the shenanigans of the old firm in recent weeks I am prouder than ever to have remained a Jags fan my entire life growing up in Glasgow.No one said it was going to be easy but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Be fair, it takes till about 10/11 before you start becoming strangely obsessed. Until that age it`s just something you really liked doing or got dragged along to. I reckon it`s in order to say that a 35 year old jaggie has only really been suffering for 25 of those years.

Perhaps for most. I was only teasing but I could tell you some stories about just how obsessed I was with the Jags, but they're a bit too personal for a football forum. First time the club broke my heart was when they sold Mo Johnstone (83/84 sometime) when I was about 5 or 6...if only that was all I had to be upset about with the Thistle of today :rolleyes:

Perhaps for most. I was only teasing but I could tell you some stories about just how obsessed I was with the Jags, but they're a bit too personal for a football forum. First time the club broke my heart was when they sold Mo Johnstone (83/84 sometime) when I was about 5 or 6...if only that was all I had to be upset about with the Thistle of today :rolleyes:

Wasn't born when J.F.K. was shot. Probly in the pub when Princess Di Died. I think i heard it on the radio, maybe, that a plane had hit the World Trade Centre......

... Watford?!?!?!? W...WH...WHY? :blink:

goodbye.

Cheerio

Cheerio from what ?

Fill yer boot's elsewhere m8 . We are in for the long haul !!

Cos we are the Thistle and we are real followers of Scottish football ! Get in our way at yer peril !

Don't hurry back with yer dramatics !