Pay At The The Gate Prices Increase

northernsoul

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think from my away games this season the prices were crappielow (£15), Ayr (£14) and Airdrie (£15) but then again my memory is nothing short of shocking so I could be wrong.

I dont have a season ticket but usually manage all but 2 or 3 homes games and a few aways but I think in principle it will put me off going to the more meaningless games. I could maybe understand if we were heading in the right direction as a club (i.e pushing for the SPL) but we seem to be going backwards. Im not sure I want to pay 17 notes to watch middle table clashes next season.

That being said come August ill no doubt ignore my better judgement and spend another couple of hundred quid watching gash fitba. :D

Disaster of a move by the club. Not only will it put some curremt paying punters off, it will certianly not attract any new ones. £17 to watch, what can only be described at times as, that p1sh.

It will also only reduce the number of away fans as well.

I know in the grand scheme of things its only £1, but some people will just not accept paying that for mid table first division football.

Back in the 80's I got fifty pence pocket money per week and would walk from Govan to Firhill and back, paying in to see utter crap and still go home thinking things would get better sometime soon,

Now I can get the subway, have a few beers and pay my 17 hard earned pounds; but the value for money has gone.

This club is killing itself. It sickens me to say that.

I personally don't see the problem with an extra quid for roll-up on the day idiots like me - especially when I'm usually towing a goodly number of brats who gain entry for free ... the quality can indeed be p1sh (although I have seen some lovely football this season on my visits albeit without the lads bagging one in the net) but the Jags are my team and I really wouldn't have it any other way I'm afraid.

...however I do quite like the idea of the Big Man who suggests the rather catchy KidsFurraQuid - time for the PR machinery at the stadium of dreams to get the finger out?

Yet another calamatous decision by the comedians that run our club. While no wage increases are in line for most people lucky enough to have a job in this country, these clowns increase the price to watch what in essence is a product that should cost no more than £10 max to see, at the level we are playing at. This is gonna encourage the long lost fans back.......NOT!!!

Guest Argus

I don't know that £1 makes a difference one way or other.

I certainly don't think it will make people flock to buy season tickets and if the Board think that they are even less in touch with reality than we think.

I get a season ticket out of habit more than anything as I will not always make every home game, especially mid week ones.

The guy's the board employ to wander round the JHS asking us to buy a season ticket wouldn't encourage me either.

What might encourage some people is actually some value for money things in with the ticket and three months of poor quality highlights ain't it.

Okay, so how many of the keyboard warriors who are berating the club for putting the gate price up are either season ticket holders or will pay regardless? :thinking: I'm curious about that one.

Football games are a luxury. If you don't like it, don't go. Spend your money on essentials.

Is seventeen quid value for money? Not in my opinion but that hasn't stopped me before. The big boo boo this summer is charging to watch highlights. I'd pay to watch or listen to a webcast but highlights? That's not on. I'll give that a miss.

Depressing stuff. I'm already a lost cause, and I'll be at even less matches than last season. Even if they're running riot next season, I simply haven't the funds to go with any regularity, and there will be many like me. I particularly enjoyed McKennan's 'Pay Up For Thistle' or sod off ultimatum <_< . Good to see the mighty Jags will be carried along by the 'bourgeoisie' for the forseeable future, cos this prole has had about enough........ :lol:

Edited by The Legend Of Lex

a poll of the forum's members show 40% as season ticket holders but 24% as regular pay at the gate punters...

so what benefit does this scheme hold?

are we going to see a mad rush like never before, for season tickets? or are we going to see less pay at the gate fans attending over the course of the season?

someone above says that the rise in gate prices is 6% and compares it to the average wage rise. good luck thistle...

i predict a further drop in the home and the away gates at firhill this coming season.

I think i'll be doing something I never, ever thought I would do.

But a full Sky HD package for 54 squid a month sounds a hell of alot better than 2 or 3 thistle home games a year.

"people like you are killing Scottish football" is what I would say to myself.

"no Scottish football is killing itself" is how I will reply.

Rest in peace PTFC

Not sure if this is a wise move but defo not the way to announce it.

£1 isnt that much of an increase TBH but when you add it with the last increase being fairly recent (cannae remember if it was last year but im 99% sure it was) then whats to stop them doing it again next year ? There is only so much the limited number of fans we have can take before things reach a limit people will not go past.

Im not affected by this as I get a season ticket but can see why people will not go if the game means nothing. IMO this is a gamble that we will start the season well and crowds will be up , if we start the way we played the last few months of this season then it will be another long struggle to get people through the gate and at £17 a go (assuming thats the figure) then its not that attractive a proposition.

When you add in the cost of highlights (still no idea on the figures) then it could be an expensive season for everyone. If they make is something sensible like £5 a month then thats a decent deal but if its any more then I doubt many will take it up

Bye bye Thistle. Final nail in coffin with these consecutive price increases. Back to the Juniors for me for cheaper, enjoyable days out with much more excitement and closer involvement with local Club.

Cab see a lot of people agreeing with that Dr D.

17 quid for 1st Division football? I can go and see Juventus for half of that.........

Let me get this straight...

The BoD have told McCall he'll have a reduced playing budget.

We've no assistant manager.

There's pretty much hee-haw chance of a promotion push.

And we are now going to have to pay extra to see all of this.

Only at Firhill and in the crazy world of Eddie Prentice & co. I wouldn't mind them putting an extra quid on the gate if we were getting a decent playing budget and better quality players. This however, is a sick joke.

There's going to come a time where we have to say enough is enough. This BoD are taking us from one disaster to another.

Jeezo, it's a bloody quid!

Some people have said, "That's 2 years in a row now, which makes it worse."

Well, look at the facts, we hadn't increased gate prices since we got relegated from the SPL, up until last season. Yes £17 is expensive & not value for money, but neither is £16/£15 etc etc. If you're watching football expecting value for money, then you're never gonna get it, not even at Man Utd.

It does make the season ticket more attractive to those who can afford them, but I don't see how £1 every 2 weeks (roughly) is going to break the bank. Save up all the 5 & 10p's you have & it'll pay for itself plus a pint or 2. :thumbsup2:

I wonder if the board has thought about reducing prices for adults - even for a trial period - to determine the impact this would have on crowd numbers, although I understand why this is unlikely to be feasible given set season ticket prices.

You'd hope and think that they would look at existing pricing structures elsewhere for examples of best practice. Would be interesting to hear the thoughts of our German-based posters. They seem to have an excellent, value-for-money product over there, but unsure how reliant this is on TV revenue.

Would also be interested in an update on the 'Kids Go Free' scheme. While I support this in principle, I'd like to know what impact it's had on crowd numbers - both in terms of youths attending matches and the number of new paying customers that are attending matches as a direct result (graduation from youth to adult - not enough time may have passed to record this).

I don't think that's an unfair request if it's being propped up by increases elsewhere.

So we're all die-hard Jags fans then. we'll do anything for the club. Do anything it takes to see them survive and prosper in the worst economic recession in a generation.

Except pay an extra quid to get in to see them play....

Yeah - I'm going to get a Sky package so I can watch Queensland Juventus play because it's SO much cheaper and value for money and when it all goes t*ts up at Firhill ans there's no more Thistle I'll be able to say 'I was a real fan and wouldn't be held to ransom by the Board'. That's REALLY sticking it to the Man..